Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Those folks are dumbasses.

Not my faut that there is a disproportionely large number of losers and double-digit IQ morons posting here with great regularity. I just point out their stupidity - I take no responsibility for it. If they have me on ignore then so much the better. I can ridicule their stupid posts without having to see some ignorant reply from them. Excellent.

Maybe you want to join them. Believe me, I won't miss reading your replies. But you may miss one of your few opportunities to be educated here. Your call.
main character syndrome

“Someone posted somewhere.” There you go again. What do you want to bet he doesn’t have an $8 million buyout? Because you’ve posted multiple times that he has an $8 million buyout.

Of course he doesn't have an $8 million buyout. That is absurd. That is the remaining value of his contract, which he could possibly be owed if he were to be fired (assuming the contract was written by TStan). However, the coach doesn't owe that amount if he leaves. There is likely some buyout, but if it is like every other contract, it should be a small fraction of that total.

Anyone seriously engaging in conversations like the buyout for him to leave is $8 million has revealed that they are clueless about how these things work.

Seems that many/most of you are clamoring for a head coach who failed totally as an offensive line coach and whom literally NO OTHER BCS SCHOOL WOULD HIRE AS THEIR HC if we didn't do so. None. Zero. Are you ööööing stupid?

Others are all hot for a 62 year old loser coming off literally ONE lucky season, who had two wins the year before that, and has a career losing record over seven years in FBS.

Still others are crying :bigcry: that paying $2 million a year over four years to get said loser coach is too much ööööing money for our pathetic broke-ass athletic department. Good college coaches are getting $9 million a year and up. If Georgia Tech really can't scrape together $2 million to buy a head football coach, then we should either revert to the 3O or gracefully retreat to the FCS.

You've got dudes rejecting a coach because he wants to pick his staff. LMFAO - I wouldn't HAVE a coach who didn't insist on that!!!

This thread makes me sick to my stomach that some/many/most of you are part of my same fanbase.

1669685731814.jpeg

Of course he doesn't have an $8 million buyout. That is absurd. That is the remaining value of his contract, which he could possibly be owed if he were to be fired (assuming the contract was written by TStan). However, the coach doesn't owe that amount if he leaves. There is likely some buyout, but if it is like every other contract, it should be a small fraction of that total.

Anyone seriously engaging in conversations like the buyout for him to leave is $8 million has revealed that they are clueless about how these things work.

Seems like Collins ' was around 2 million at Temple, IIRC

Basically, the people who whined about Johnson are only 4 years deep into their punishment. They still have a long way to go and the rest of us are just along for the ride.

giphy.gif
Yah the consistent losing has sucked but it’s been nice to see some solid defense at least. Gotta hold on to something

This process is almost as bad as having a clown for a head coach.. I fear a major öööö up on the horizon.
I feel like we seeded this fk up the second we didn't fire him last year.

Also hoping now Key really is as good as some people think, cause he's gonna have to be after we inevitably hire him following everyone else saying no to our deteriorating situation.

Back