Official GT Head Coach News Thread

What if every name we've heard so far- every rumor, every whisper- are all just a smokescreen and the real hire when announced is someone nobody suspected or thought of?
that thought has crossed my mind as well

I always love the freakouts when a coaching hire hasn't been made within like 48 hours of the final game. I know there are deadlines coming up and all that jazz, but I really don't think whether we hire a coach on Nov. 28 or like Dec. 1 is going to radically alter the trajectory of the program.

The process was incredibly painless last time around. The pain began when we actually had to start playing games.

I always love the freakouts when a coaching hire hasn't been made within like 48 hours of the final game. I know there are deadlines coming up and all that jazz, but I really don't think whether we hire a coach on Nov. 28 or like Dec. 1 is going to radically alter the trajectory of the program.

The process was incredibly painless last time around. The pain began when we actually had to start playing games.
This is true. The players aren’t waiting around to see who we hire before entering portal. It makes no difference.

Willie Fritz, stay tuned he is Bill Lewis 2.0. Send the rookie AD back to Bama and hire Key. By the time the AD and President agree on a new Coach the team will be 100% in Transfer Portal. Nadlickers are laughing at our 'Cluster' and bragging to the high school coaches and kids.

Go get Deion and the mutts stfu.

Amazingly Collins has actually moved on and will still be coaching --- at Nebraska under Rhule
1669686200123.png
:lol: You’re really batting 1000 today aren’t you?

You can apologize for your arrogance and ignorance at any time.

I work with a fairly large donor to GaSou (has an athletic building named after him- was on the search committee that hired one of their last coaches). He thinks Fritz would be a fantastic hire.

Indoor practice facility?

what I heard tonight (and I have no idea how accurate this is but I think the original sources are good):
Fritz got mad his name got leaked and has removed his name from consideration
Big money donors are now pressing Batt to give the keys to Key.

So ... if, and again, we're dealing with if/then statements like a BASIC program, it is true that:
1. we offered Chadwell, but he reneged when he couldn't bring his guys
2. we offered Fritz but he said no when it got out before his conference title game
3. big money guys are throwing their weight around to make the new AD hire their candidate ...

Then that is mangling a coaching search

Back