Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Hey J:
1669733038800.gif

If you don’t trust the HC to make all assistant coaching decisions then you don’t trust the HC. No AD worth anything at all is making that a condition of the job. Hiring and mentoring and managing a great staff (who do 95% of the actual coaching) might be, what, half of the head coaching job responsibility?

Again, there has been zero credible report which says that happened with Chadwell. Only message board rumor, and repeats of that same rumor.

Tick tock for Batt. If you don't make a decision by Friday every day you don't decide thereafter introduces dramatically more chaos to the program with the portal open, early signing period open, and no GT coach at the helm to do anything positive about either.

Tick tock for Batt. If you don't make a decision by Friday every day you don't decide thereafter introduces dramatically more chaos to the program with the portal open, early signing period open, and no GT coach at the helm to do anything positive about either.
My guess is we don't make a hire until after the championship games, at which point we'll hire Key.

No news at this point means that Batt already has his guy. It's just a matter of waiting until Saturday evening or Sunday morning before breaking the news. That means it's either Fritz or Chadwell. My money is on Chadwell. There's so many leaks that were all coincidentally released on the same day after not even a whisper of anything had been heard until now. My money is the Fritz info was a purposeful smokescreen to get reporters and media off Batt's back to give Chadwell room to focus on his game this week without having to answer any questions. It would be interesting to know if Fritz and Chadwell have the same agent.

It's possible, but I would question the wisdom of interviewing a head coach whose defensive staff you really think sucks from top to bottom. That's not exactly a good sign.
4 games into the season, I thought our defensive staff sucked from top to bottom. Now, I’d be completely fine with keeping them. Turns out it was just the tippy-top.

My guess is we don't make a hire until after the championship games, at which point we'll hire Key.
If we do that, the outward appearance is that we got jilted by everyone and settled on Key. Not good. If you were going to hire Key, you do it early to make it look like he’s the one and not the ugly girl that’s a sure lay after you struck out at the bar.

No news at this point means that Batt already has his guy. It's just a matter of waiting until Saturday evening or Sunday morning before breaking the news. That means it's either Fritz or Chadwell. My money is on Chadwell. There's so many leaks that were all coincidentally released on the same day after not even a whisper of anything had been heard until now. My money is the Fritz info was a purposeful smokescreen to get reporters and media off Batt's back to give Chadwell room to focus on his game this week without having to answer any questions. It would be interesting to know if Fritz and Chadwell have the same agent.
I don't think I buy that, but say I did. Coaches are going to have to learn these are accommodations that can no longer be afforded. If they want it to be something they can do, they're gonna have to put pressure on their AD's and school presidents to work with the NCAA on changing the timings of things.

If we do that, the outward appearance is that we got jilted by everyone and settled on Key. Not good. If you were going to hire Key, you do it early to make it look like he’s your man and not the ugly girl that’s a sure lay after you struck out at the bar.
I never said I was guessing a favorable outcome.

Batt's relationship with Key goes back to at least 2017. How we know what his relationship with Key is or isn't?

There's a deluge of GT fans that have flooded Batt on Twitter and emails based conjecture that's been turned into "facts" due to repetition. We're already irrelevant enough without having to attempt to force our hand on the AD based on our perception of what we think reality is. Then again Batt came from Bama, if he can't handle crazy, uninformed fans by now then he wouldn't be here.

4 games into the season, I thought our defensive staff sucked from top to bottom. Now, I’d be completely fine with keeping them. Turns out it was just the tippy-top.

Similar results with the OL. Not as drastic, but definite improvement. Y'all remember how we had so many false starts and just terrible timing all around. None of that was evident in the last few games.

But people wanna blame Key for that. Illogical.

Batt could at least put out an empty statement like, "The football head coach search is nearing conclusion and we hope to have an announcement in the near future." Instead nothing.

I guess contract negotiations may be a reason to not do something like that. You don't want to show the time pressure you're feeling.

Right. And I definitely wouldn't give Collins an interview.

It doesn't really reflect well on an HC when you think his entire defensive staff sucks to the point where they're a dealbreaker -- whether they only suck because the HC is holding them back or they suck in general and the HC is just a bad judge of coaching talent. Either way is bad.

I still think it's Fritz. I think it's terribly unfortunate that it leaked and Fritz has to deal with deflecting the story while preparing for a championship game. I think Suguira's source is legit. You aren't the beat writer for a major publication for many years without having legit sources. As to why that source would be stupid enough to leak is another question.

That said, I selfishly would prefer Fritz get his ass here to get started on the mountain of work ahead of him, but I understand him wanting to get his team to the finish line where he is now and I respect that.

Just how I read the tea leaves. All of this could be wrong or subject to change.

Willie Fritz, stay tuned he is Bill Lewis 2.0. Send the rookie AD back to Bama and hire Key. By the time the AD and President agree on a new Coach the team will be 100% in Transfer Portal. Nadlickers are laughing at our 'Cluster' and bragging to the high school coaches and kids.
The ever expanding list still growing as the world turns…..tick tock.

If we do that, the outward appearance is that we got jilted by everyone and settled on Key. Not good. If you were going to hire Key, you do it early to make it look like he’s the one and not the ugly girl that’s a sure lay after you struck out at the bar.
The girls all look prettier at closing time.

Back