Official GT Head Coach News Thread

I'm not so sure on #1. #2 is definitely BS.
I don’t buy #1 either. Hey we’re gonna hire you but you have to retain Key and Thacker so we can ensure there’s a toxic split locker room and I will still hold you responsible for the results. No ööööing way someone agrees to this unless they’re desperate. This is another reason why I hate these journalists.

Key is making Machiavellian moves to become head coach. Gotta respect it. I think he’s earned the job from that alone.
That would definitely make me not trust the guy to be honest

I don’t buy #1 either. Hey we’re gonna hire you but you have to retain Key and Thacker so we can ensure there’s a toxic split locker room and I will still hold you responsible for the results. No ööööing way someone agrees to this unless they’re desperate. This is another reason why I hate these journalists.
Not that simple. It's "Hey I want to bring my entire staff with me if I'm hired." GT's end would be like, "You don't want to look at other defensive coaches when your defense ranked near the 100s in every category?" Coastal's defense has been trash and they are playing in the Sun Belt.

Not that simple. It's "Hey I want to bring my entire staff with me if I'm hired." GT's end would be like you don't want to look at other defensive coaches when your defense ranked near the 100s in every category? Coastal's defense has been trash and they are playing in the Sun Belt.
You can’t give that condition to someone who’s got options. They will tell you to öööö off. Head coach is responsible for the whole team, we’re not hiring an OC. You can’t tell him he can’t pick his own staff.

With all this anticipation and speculation, I hope we don't end up with a Christmas letdown.

See the source image

Have you guys not noticed it’s a new name every day? The guys “in the know” are telling you there’s “a lot of smoke”, hyping you up about a potential deal going through and then it doesn’t happen and they say “this is pretty much in line with what I thought like they didn’t just tell you someone was about to be hired and then give you the next guy who has “a lot of smoke”. The smoke is just what the rivals gang blows up our asses. Every guy being interviewed is the next Georgia Tech head coach.
I believe I explained this very well a little while ago.

You can’t give that condition to someone who’s got options. They will tell you to öööö off. Head coach is responsible for the whole team, we’re not hiring an OC. You can’t tell him he can’t pick his own staff.
It's not a condition and it's not uncommon... most coaches don't bring their entire assistant staff with them when they move up in the ranks. They typically bring a few and then hire some better coaches in other spots because they have more resources available due to money or the size of the program (P5). It sounds to me like Chadwell didn't want to even explore the option of using those resources and wants to bring his whole staff straight with him, no questions asked and without even exploring the option for better assistants anywhere.

I still think it's Fritz. I think it's terribly unfortunate that it leaked and Fritz has to deal with deflecting the story while preparing for a championship game. I think Suguira's source is legit. You aren't the beat writer for a major publication for many years without having legit sources. As to why that source would be stupid enough to leak is another question.

Someone may have leaked that a deal was in place, which would have seemed harmless, but others filled in the blanks that it was Fritz. Hence the "all indications are" language.

If we do that, the outward appearance is that we got jilted by everyone and settled on Key. Not good. If you were going to hire Key, you do it early to make it look like he’s the one and not the ugly girl that’s a sure lay after you struck out at the bar.
Pics

For me personally, I have seen enough ööööty defense the past decade that I am good with telling someone that there Def. Coordinator with the #100ish ranked defense against the Sun Belt can't come.

If that was what Chadwell wanted to do and didn't take GT's HC job because of it, then he wasn't going to be the answer here anyway.

I want a coach who's only loyalty is getting W's.

Tick tock for Batt. If you don't make a decision by Friday every day you don't decide thereafter introduces dramatically more chaos to the program with the portal open, early signing period open, and no GT coach at the helm to do anything positive about either.
There is definitely enough drama and chaos occurring on this board that even the Karens in Karenville can’t come close to rivaling.

Looking at Chadwell and seeing that Coastal got throttled by JMU this past weekend, I ended up on Curt Cignetti, JMU's head coach.

Anyone know his deal? Been at JMU since 2018 with a record of 41-8.

I'm not sure why he isn't a hot name for someone.

Back