Official GT Head Coach News Thread

Not that simple. It's "Hey I want to bring my entire staff with me if I'm hired." GT's end would be like, "You don't want to look at other defensive coaches when your defense ranked near the 100s in every category?" Coastal's defense has been trash and they are playing in the Sun Belt.

Why assume he brings all his guys? Maybe he uses the move as a convenient way to move on from some. The stakes - and expectations - are higher. Did you get the new job because of your staff or in spite of it?

Looking at Chadwell and seeing that Coastal got throttled by JMU this past weekend, I ended up on Curt Cignetti, JMU's head coach.

Anyone know his deal? Been at JMU since 2018 with a record of 41-8.

I'm not sure why he isn't a hot name for someone.
he's kind of old but not as old as fritz

Why assume he brings all his guys? Maybe he uses the move as a convenient way to move on from some. The stakes - and expectations - are higher. Did you get the new job because of your staff or in spite of it?
I'm not assuming he does, that's what I heard and that's why I heard we couldn't come to an agreement with him. Whether that is the absolute fact or not, I don't know, but it's what I heard.

I think most likely is that it's Fritz and we won't hear more until later in the week, maybe Sunday.

Have you guys not noticed it’s a new name every day? The guys “in the know” are telling you there’s “a lot of smoke”, hyping you up about a potential deal going through and then it doesn’t happen and they say “this is pretty much in line with what I thought like they didn’t just tell you someone was about to be hired and then give you the next guy who has “a lot of smoke”. The smoke is just what the rivals gang blows up our asses. Every guy being interviewed is the next Georgia Tech head coach.
My favorite part is not even the 2 Rivals guys can get on the same page. They're even conflicting one another. Definitely feels intentional. They have no ööööing clue what's going on. Just posting bullshit for clicks.

For me personally, I have seen enough ööööty defense the past decade that I am good with telling someone that there Def. Coordinator with the #100ish ranked defense against the Sun Belt can't come.

If that was what Chadwell wanted to do and didn't take GT's HC job because of it, then he wasn't going to be the answer here anyway.

I want a coach who's only loyalty is getting W's.
But now we’re going back to him? That’s what the insiders will have you believe.

I think most likely is that it's Fritz and we won't hear more until later in the week, maybe Sunday.
If that’s the case, we’re going to lose a jump start when the portal opens. That gives me more reason to think it won’t be Fritz.

USF is a literal dumpster fire of a program. They're not even in a P5 conference and they don't even have an on campus stadium. That would be a downgrade move for Chadwell. Hell, you're just trading one beach for another at that point.
I was think lateral move at best, but then again, pay raise and no state income tax in FL.

But now we’re going back to him? That’s what the insiders will have you believe.
Maybe but perhaps he is coming back to us.

A week or two ago Chadwell was thinking he held all the cards. His name was being thrown about as a hot commodity. Turns out USF is his option now, a place that is perhaps a small margin better than his current employer.

Maybe he has realized that if he wants to move up to the P5 now, he may need to understand what level of a commodity he actually is.

If that’s the case, we’re going to lose a jump start when the portal opens. That gives me more reason to think it won’t be Fritz.
We are already behind on the Portal. The Portal may not officially be open until Dec. 5 but I can assure you any kid that is desirable has already been contacted.

Jeff Sims and Nate McCollum probably already know where they are going.

We are already behind on the Portal. The Portal may not officially be open until Dec. 5 but I can assure you any kid that is desirable has already been contacted.

Jeff Sims and Nate McCollum probably already know where they are going.
If players know Key's not being retained or who the expected HC will be we would have heard exactly that by now. Players aren't held by some sorta NDA or anything they would've easily leaked or just posted something about it and they have not...

Back