Official GT Head Coach News Thread

If players know Key's not being retained or who the expected HC will be we would have heard exactly that by now. Players aren't held by some sorta NDA or anything they would've easily leaked or just posted something about it and they have not...
did you quote the wrong guy or something?

This is all a big Prime Time smokescreen.
:eekx::eekx:
I mean, if the plan is to keep Key on as head-coach-in-waiting, the Deion "pour nitrous oxide on recruiting for a few years" approach seems about as viable as the Fritz "stabilize the program and be a mentor to the young padawan" approach. :bigthumbup:

did you quote the wrong guy or something?
Misread what you were saying... Yeah Sims was always gone and probably does McCollum I don't know maybe a small chance he pulls back from Portal if Coaching situation is settled to something he happy with?

The reality is, very few know, and even fewer will know much at all now that Fritz leaked. I'm certain GTAA knows who's been leaking info right now and they've probably plugged it in their own way. I'm almost certain info was "leaked" in the AD and HCF search to various people to see how sensitive information is handled by people who were trusted with that info. Cabrera would have been really good at the intelligence and spycraft business. If you remember the presser to announce AD Batt, he said something that passed by a lot of ears but raised my attention. He said (paraphasing) "J will report directly to me, and will be a member of my cabinet". A member of my cabinet. Given Cabrera's background, you can see that he's going to run GT like a high functioning international conglomerate. GTAA is just one unit of GT's overall business. I've heard Cabrera is an extremely nice and gracious person, but don't cross him...he's ruthless. Just look at how Stansbury and Collins were dispatched. Batt understands the seat he's in.

If you’re a Twitch girl those can go for big bucks
A6C180BE-3BF8-48E7-8F78-B48A09157F9B.gif

The reality is, very few know, and even fewer will know much at all now that Fritz leaked. I'm certain GTAA knows who's been leaking info right now and they've probably plugged it in their own way. I'm almost certain info was "leaked" in the AD and HCF search to various people to see how sensitive information is handled by people who were trusted with that info. Cabrera would have been really good at the intelligence and spycraft business. If you remember the presser to announce AD Batt, he said something that passed by a lot of ears but raised my attention. He said (paraphasing) "J will report directly to me, and will be a member of my cabinet". A member of my cabinet. Given Cabrera's background, you can see that he's going to run GT like a high functioning international conglomerate. GTAA is just one unit of GT's overall business. I've heard Cabrera is an extremely nice and gracious person, but don't cross him...he's ruthless. Just look at how Stansbury and Collins were dispatched. Batt understands the seat he's in.
i put a member in your moms cabinet

Maybe but perhaps he is coming back to us.

A week or two ago Chadwell was thinking he held all the cards. His name was being thrown about as a hot commodity. Turns out USF is his option now, a place that is perhaps a small margin better than his current employer.

Maybe he has realized that if he wants to move up to the P5 now, he may need to understand what level of a commodity he actually is.
I don’t know man. I find it more believable that those reporting on these negotiations don’t actually know the truth vs J Batt tells Chadwell to retain Thacker and/or Key, Chadwell says öööö off, then J Batt interviews Fritz and is about to sign a deal but that falls through and then Chadwell says oh öööö I don’t have too many options and comes back to J Batt and says ok I’ll reconsider keeping some staff. Who is reporting all these details in these negotiations? I would fire any staff member who was present in those meetings immediately if there was an ounce of truth to anything being reported about what a öööö show it has been.

Yes let’s use this moment which will impact Tech football for the next 5-10 years to leak information to find out the moles.

I’ll be pretty pissed off if US ööööing F gets Chadwell because we screwed it up and had to move to plans C, D or E.

Chicken Little again? Damn dude put on your big boy pants.

We didn't lose Chadwell to USF. And if we did Chadwell is an idiot. There's really no proof that Batt even seriously considered Chadwell. Dude is laying eggs at Coastal right now. Seriously overrated as a coach IMO.

Isn't the most likely scenario that 1) we came to terms with Fritz, 2) he went back to NO to prep and coach the AACCG, and 3) we will announce next weekend?

If he's taking the job and NOT coaching the AACCG, then we would've announced.

If he's NOT taking the Tech job, then one or both of us would've announced.

What I don't get with that line of thinking is that Key has demonstrated he's the anti-Collins...in just about every conceivable manner you'd expect from a coach.

Relations with fans, press, players, coaches, practice management, game prep, game management. Everything. Even ööööing wins.

Key doesn't deserve the stench of that dipshit.
Agree with your final stench comment. Also very proud of Key, but listen, hundreds or thousands of coaches would have made the same changes, because unlike tfg, they are "coaches". After you make the obvious changes though, then you have to face the considerable other many many changes that a HC faces.

Back