Official GT Head Coach News Thread

I wanted Chadwell all along, but I think it's a good hire given the circumstances. As with all the other options, I think it will come down to the next few crucial details being positive...

1. Dump Long and hire an OC that runs something unique and cool.
2. Good contract with a low buyout and not a crazy term
3. Start to get some specific vision for NIL and other forward-looking items.

He got a job promotion, and felt like he needed to show off and prove himself by choosing a different staff, even though he just made a good safe call. He should be able to negotiate the best contract for Georgia Tech in terms of cost, buy out, and commitment if Key does not work out. No one is going to fault Batt for giving Key the HC job. Key breathed CPR into a football program that was completely dead by the third game of the season. We beat 2 ranked teams and played the best team in the country tight well into the third quarter. Go Jackets! I’m glad to have Key as our HC!
He got CRUSHED at home by Miami, lost at home to UVA, and nearly lost to Vippie Sue. Boatraced by F$U and ugag. That should have been disqualifying right there.

Whet a joke

Cabrera is a liar and a fraud
Not whet.

Dry.

credit_union_bryce_roth.jpeg

Tech interviewed 10 to 12 candidates, according to sources, a group that included Tulane coach Willie Fritz. Tech struggled to lure a big outside name because of the school's reluctance to guarantee large portions of the contract, as the amount of guaranteed money was a non-starter for some candidates.

I wanted Chadwell all along, but I think it's a good hire given the circumstances. As with all the other options, I think it will come down to the next few crucial details being positive...

1. Dump Long and hire an OC that runs something unique and cool.
2. Good contract with a low buyout and not a crazy term
3. Start to get some specific vision for NIL and other forward-looking items.

So Chadwell as OC confirmed then?

Chadwell's wife has her heart set on Tampa, where family lives. Fritz is likely out as well.

O'Brien is very much back in the picture, but he wants something close to $5 mil/year.
I heard that O'Brien would take 2.5 mil avg salary for 5 yrs plus 2.5 mil deferred (each year for 5 additional yrs) ,
thus giving J and his brother ding additional time for fundraising

Tech interviewed 10 to 12 candidates, according to sources, a group that included Tulane coach Willie Fritz. Tech struggled to lure a big outside name because of the school's reluctance to guarantee large portions of the contract, as the amount of guaranteed money was a non-starter for some candidates.

Lol….dumpster diving

I'm taking cases on all you bitches slobbering over the Key hire (who, FTR, I told you definitively several days ago it would be). I don't want to read one ööööing word from ANY of you the next four years about how we need to replace Key. At that point, you will just need to enjoy a big cup of STFU.

There you have it in writing: Botched search by rookie AD.

Back