Online Classes

Just about our entire team takes online classes in the summer or fall from Atlanta Metro
To add on-
But only for certain classes, generally gen-ed type stuff. It also is only pass/fail.

That being said, I’m glad I took my CS classes and calculus (real calculus to boot) via Tech. I worked with my professors and ended up with A’s in CS and B in calc. It helped my gpa and I learned a lot. (Also, one of my few precious A’s, made it really sweet)

Last edited:
Ohio State found the fix for athletes needing to attend classes:

Playing to WIN by using every tool available within the NCAA Rules and sometimes tiptoeing into the Gray Areas of that NCAA Rulebook is simply PLAYING TO WIN THE GAME

GT being naive and not using every rule to the MAX doesn't mean everyone else is cheating

It's an indictment of GT's lack of passion and lack of will to win

HELLO!

You play to win the Game......

Online classes are fine? I think the norm for the tests these days is your webcam has to be on and there's a proctor on the other side. The software that delivers the test probably audits you with screen captures and restricts windows & tabs.
Most schools have “assessment centers” where you go to take tests. Some do what you say, primarily for classes targeted at off-campus students.

Playing to WIN by using every tool available within the NCAA Rules and sometimes tiptoeing into the Gray Areas of that NCAA Rulebook is simply PLAYING TO WIN THE GAME

GT being naive and not using every rule to the MAX doesn't mean everyone else is cheating

It's an indictment of GT's lack of passion and lack of will to win

HELLO!

You play to win the Game......

If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying.

Online classes are fine? I think the norm for the tests these days is your webcam has to be on and there's a proctor on the other side. The software that delivers the test probably audits you with screen captures and restricts windows & tabs. Yeah you can still find ways to cheat but it wouldn't surprise me if most of these were open book anyways
okay so what prevents someone from having a laptop open somewhere during the test?

The physical campus is already a relic. We should already be way past where we are on remote learning.

okay so what prevents someone from having a laptop open somewhere during the test?
Not much. My SO is taking an online chemistry class right now for nursing school at Emory, and they make you use a special browser that locks you out of the rest of your computer and the internet during a test. But I'm sitting right next to her telling her the answers and there's not really any way for them to know that short of video recording through the webcam which is illegal without explicit permission every time they do it (and they don't).

In today’s world the ability to find answers is more important than the ability to memorize them.
I'm not sure I agree with this but it's not a black and white answer. It's vitally important that students understand the material and I just cant see how anyone learns anything if you can simply cheat and have someone tell you the answers during a test? That means you dont have to learn anything to pass the test. I just cant see how this makes you the equal of someone who had to study volumes of material and practice problems to pass a test? I dunno, I can also see where online can be effective if you can prevent cheating but this seems impossible.

In today’s world the ability to find answers is more important than the ability to memorize them.
"That depends." I wouldn't want my surgeon pulling out his textbook when something goes wrong during my surgery.

Not much. My SO is taking an online chemistry class right now for nursing school at Emory, and they make you use a special browser that locks you out of the rest of your computer and the internet during a test. But I'm sitting right next to her telling her the answers and there's not really any way for them to know that short of video recording through the webcam which is illegal without explicit permission every time they do it (and they don't).

Delete in 1 hour

Online classes are assumed to have open book testing, the main thing is mastery of the Material

Many tests that I had trouble with at GT allowed a formula sheet, no different than an open book online test

Helping your SO cheat on her Nursing Education might cost some patient their life, yet you're Anti BAGMEN and Anti college Athletes getting paid under the table that has no chance to ever harm anyone, ever

Hypocrite much?

A lot of people seem to like the online classes. I think they have their place but your head is in the sand if you dont think there is ample opportunity to cheat even with the open book format.

Helping your SO cheat on her Nursing Education might cost some patient their life, yet you're Anti BAGMEN and Anti college Athletes getting paid under the table that has no chance to ever harm anyone, ever

Hypocrite much?
Literally nothing in your little rant is accurate or makes any sense. Quit huffing glue before you post.

Back