Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

3. CDS will probably only get one shot at a head coaching job at a P5 school.
He is 55 years old and if hired will most likely not jump for another school after building up a team at Tech. He knows Atlanta very well and to say the least Atlanta knows Deion. I suspect other schools are not willing to give him a shot. If we give him a chance I suspect he would be loyal to Tech for the remainder of his coaching career. According to some internet searches he is “old school” in his coaching style.

If Sanders did halfway decent at Tech he would be gone to a bigger program for triple the salary after two years. The only thing holding back bigger programs from taking him now is no one knows if he can perform at a P5 level.

I'm fine with that by the way. It's pretty much the best we can hope for.

Primetime will get us out of the hole we are in faster than anybody else.

Even if we get a good coach that has proven his self, it will take him 2-3 years to change the perception that is GT football right now. He will hopefully get a few better recruits and start winning more games for a couple years and then build that into more recruits and more wins. Then recruits, fans and the media will no longer see us as a joke or just ignoring us all together.

That would change day one with Sanders. We wouldn't be the team that wins three games a year, we would be the team coached by primetime. A team that called a recruit and asked if you would be interested in playing for, they would listen. He would bring excitement and press coverage immediately.

Like it or not, college football is a popularity contest. The media darlings get ranked. The ranked teams get air time. Recruits want to play for the ranked teams playing on national TV every Saturday. There are several coaches that can get us back to that but I think Deion can do it faster.

If Sanders did halfway decent at Tech he would be gone to a bigger program for triple the salary after two years. The only thing holding back bigger programs from taking him now is no one knows if he can perform at a P5 level.

I'm fine with that by the way. It's pretty much the best we can hope for.

Sanders is too legit to quit. Seriously there aren't a lot of bigger programs that would be willing to go the Prime Time route, if we weren't complete dog crap right now neither would we. Atlanta is the optimum venue for Prime Time, that is the only reason we have a shot at drawing him here.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/this-day-in-history-deion-sanders-first-td-256543

1. CGC was considered a great recruiter with a top 15 class at GT to back it up.
2. The press loved CGC at first.
3. Who cares if we're a stepping stone? At least that would mean we're good.
4. Collins worked for Saban and actually has a better resume for coaching success than Deon.

Deon is high risk high reward. I'm not sure he's the right hire. He could be and, if Todd is doing the hiring, I could see that being who we go after.
I actually don’t think Tstan would get within 50 miles of Deon. That’s part of the problem, not a benefit.

I was pretty skeptical of Deon as a HC honestly. Everything he has done proved my skepticism wrong. I think his upside is enormous. Could he come to Tech and fail. Ya sure. Bunch of good coaches have struggled to succeed at Tech.
Yes he definitely does not fit the typical mold “Tech people” think about regarding head coaches. But it’s past time to break the mold. More importantly I think he practices the total person ideology far better than Tech currently does. He actually cares about his players’ futures and makes them accountable in academics, personal character, and as representatives of the team.
Ton of upside and none of the downside I had thought he might have. Only downside is he is still new as a head coach. That’s a plus for us currently and might give Tech an opportunity to snag him now. Later the chances will be much slimmer.

Yeah TStan is so ööööing Cobb County that it hurts. Hopefully some big boosters pull rank over him to get Prime in here regardless
Hey now! I think Cobb County helped bring a World Series championship to the ATL.

Back