Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

Clearly you cannot comprehend. The comparison was with the other Tech players over the past 15 years stating he is the most talented of them all. I never said he would have the NFL career of Kamara. Just calling out the title "quitter" is not appropriate when a player transfers away to a better situation for them. Gibbs will have a solid NFL career which was my point the whole time.
Not to speak for someone else but many believe he quit last year before he transferred.

I do not understand the love affair Tech fans have with Gibbs. He is a quitter. Doesn't bode well for a long/productive NFL career. NFL RBs are a dime a dozen. He'll need to get extremely lucky by being drafted by a NFL team with a good situation for him.
I can assure you that Saban will have a pretty short leash with him if he keeps on whiffing at blocking schemes on pass plays thats for sure.

Last edited:
care to put money where your mouth is? $100 gibbs doesnt have the nfl career of kamara... put up or shut up
Not even sure how you'd go about judging this or when the bet would officially be over.

Only one of these guys couldn't cut it at Bama, though

Not even sure how you'd go about judging this or when the bet would officially be over.

Only one of these guys couldn't cut it at Bama, though

if gibbs makes 5 pro bowls ill put up my money... he has until 2032

Of the six wins we had while Gibbs was here, I can’t think of a game where he put it on his shoulders and got us the win. He had a big pass against Duke and one against Louisville. But those were one off plays and not dominant performances.

Gibbs production was basically Mason, with the occasional explosive passing play. That’s top shelf, Mason made an NFL roster after all, but it isn’t jaw dropping.

I expect Gibbs to get some good numbers this season against over matched foes, where he can show his explosiveness. But against solid opponents, I would be surprised to see him crack 100 yards.

Gibbs is shifty with nice agility but a horrible blocker and looks like a bit of a quitter, to boot. I wasn't impressed with what I saw vs Texas. He may just end up being a glorified KR/PR.

Not to speak for someone else but many believe he quit last year before he transferred.

Exactly. He quit on the team long before he transferred. Everyone saw it. But, yes, let's keep groveling over his incredible generational talent.

Can you imagine how much faster Deion would have been at FSU without the huge shoulder pads?

It is crazy how much the thinking around protective equipment has changed in the past 20-30 years. At the rate things are changing, they won’t be wearing pads at all in another 20 years.

It is crazy how much the thinking around protective equipment has changed in the past 20-30 years. At the rate things are changing, they won’t be wearing pads at all in another 20 years.
They should wear pads or helmets IMO.

I mean they basically do not wear knee pads anymore, at least not on their knees.

They should wear pads or helmets IMO.

Well they will be wearing helmets, sure. But the shoulder pads have dwindled to pretty much nothing at this point. Remember the neck rolls and other head restraints.

I think smaller shoulder pads are bad for everyone but QB and RB. The big pads give you a bigger cross-sectional area for blocking/tackling.

I mean they basically do not wear knee pads anymore, at least not on their knees.

Thigh pads are going away as well. This could be bad, as deep blood clots from helmet impacts to the thigh have caused deaths before.

Well they will be wearing helmets, sure. But the shoulder pads have dwindled to pretty much nothing at this point. Remember the neck rolls and other head restraints.

I think smaller shoulder pads are bad for everyone but QB and RB. The big pads give you a bigger cross-sectional area for blocking/tackling.
Not wearing helmets would force players to not lead with their helmets. Might cut down on concussions.

Not wearing helmets would force players to not lead with their helmets. Might cut down on concussions.

Problem is it's tough to go back on that once the play style is already engrained.

Not really bared out in history: before helmets we had multiple deaths from head injuries. I believe we'd see the same if we got rid of helmets now.

Back