Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

If you had told me 5 years ago we would be discussing bringing Deion Sanders to GT as head coach I would have thought you were crazy. I must be crazy now because I like the idea...a lot. As for the nonsense at GT, he wouldn't have any problem calling that out publicly, would those same people be willing to continue the nonsense publicly?

Atlanta is like a second home to Deion, he is more well known here than anywhere else, which is why I think he would be interested. It would make a big splash and I think he could get us back to bowl eligible by his second year with a mostly full stadium. But I am sure he would demand conditions so that he could be successful (see GT nonsense above).

It’s hard to believe Deion actually WANTS to coach after all the success he had as a player. My sorry butt would be fishing/golfing/drinking every day…I do that anyway but I digress.

It’s hard to believe Deion actually WANTS to coach after all the success he had as a player. My sorry butt would be fishing/golfing/drinking every day…I do that anyway but I digress.
Why does Saban still coach? Why do millionaires go to the booth to call the game?

And the chances that those conditions would be agreed to?
We’d finally get to see how invested our rich donors are in making this program successful. I think we’re at a big inflection point in our athletic program. Do we simply resign ourselves to being a public MIT while putting athletics as an afterthought or do we show everyone that regardless of our academic side, we’re going to make a real run at staying relevant?

This thread exists because Collins is a clown.
He's not a clown*. He has a good strategy to make Tech successful, he just can't pull it off. Prime Time can.

* Well his clock management is pretty clown-like.

We could even hire him before we hire an AD if we got rid of both collins and tstan. That way no one person is tying the risk to their career.
Then hire an AD who actually understands how to manage our finances. We need to hire the best available assistant AD in the Big 10.

If we hire Deion, that should enhance our case to join the Big 10. Deon plus the Big 10 financial infusion should put us back in the top 20 where we belong.

Then hire an AD who actually understands how to manage our finances. We need to hire the best available assistant AD in the Big 10.

If we hire Deion, that should enhance our case to join the Big 10. Deon plus the Big 10 financial infusion should put us back in the top 20 where we belong.
or at least an AD that can manage his personal finances

GT had a TV famous Coach and it was 'me and I'. We do not need another media hound. Yes we had Pepper Rogers a showboat, he won and we had fun. But today we need a Coach who gives a damn, not 'waffle house boy' or a former start player back in 'my town'.

Worst idea since closing Juniors, moving students to north end zone and New Coke.

GT had a TV famous Coach and it was 'me and I'. We do not need another media hound. Yes we had Pepper Rogers a showboat, he won and we had fun. But today we need a Coach who gives a damn, not 'waffle house boy' or a former start player back in 'my town'.

Worst idea since closing Juniors, moving students to north end zone and New Coke.

Wrong. It is not as bad an idea as CGC and I could sit here a list more ideas worse than Coach Prime. It would need it's own thread. Lifetime self renewing contract has to be in there somewhere near the top. There is plenty that could go wrong with a Deion Sanders hire; but there is a lot of potential upside as well.

I'm all for primetime. If the year plays out like most are thinking, the interest in Tech football will be close to zero. There might be better or more proven coaches out there but none of them would bring the instant excitement and publicity that Sanders would. Not only with fans but also recruits.

I’d snap up Sanders in a hot second. I honestly didn’t think he’d be very successful as a head coach. I was wrong. He’s coaching well, recruiting well, and he is holding his players to standards to represent his team and school in a positive manner.

I think he could make a huge impact in recruiting the ATL. Actually do what CGC promised.

We'd get lots of prime time games because the media is so ööööing clever.

Honestly, having always gotten the used-car salesman vibe from Collins, I don't get that from Deion. I kinda prefer to stay on nerd brand, hire a guru a la CPJ or Leach or something, but whatever. Neon can't be any worse, and could be an absolute home run. Not that it'll happen.

Can someone start a gofundme to payout CGC and offer up a nest egg to Deion? we need to show him some love

We'd get lots of prime time games because the media is so ööööing clever.

Honestly, having always gotten the used-car salesman vibe from Collins, I don't get that from Deion. I kinda prefer to stay on nerd brand, hire a guru a la CPJ or Leach or something, but whatever. Neon can't be any worse, and could be an absolute home run. Not that it'll happen.
I actually think Deion would be pretty on-brand for us. We have more of a "öööö it, yolo, we're a public MIT in downtown Atlanta and we're here to get weird, deal with it" vibe than a pure nerd vibe (the 3O checked the yolo box really hard which is why it worked so well culturally with us).

Hiring Deion would be such an all-time blue shell move that is just crazy/stupid enough to work.

Back