Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

We'd get lots of prime time games because the media is so ööööing clever.

Honestly, having always gotten the used-car salesman vibe from Collins, I don't get that from Deion. I kinda prefer to stay on nerd brand, hire a guru a la CPJ or Leach or something, but whatever. Neon can't be any worse, and could be an absolute home run. Not that it'll happen.
Deion seems to teach Morals in addition to X's and O's, kinda like a father figure. Teach kids the right way to go about life. We have nothing even close on the flats from coach clown shoes. It truly reflects both coaches direction in life.

Can we give this its own thread? Not sure what kind of scoop a radio dude in Jacksonville would have, but come on — let’s get this train rolling.

I know some of you may be tired of “brand” and “swag,” but a move from Collins to Coach Prime would be like jumping from a Prius to a Ferrari in that department.

Ferrari? LOL Based on what....his AFLAC commercials? He has done well at a mediocre school in a mediocre conference in FCS....BFD. He has done nothing in FBS. Accomplish something in FBS and we can talk.

I guess if you go by recruiting rankings. But Gibbs tended to get lost in big games. There are about a half dozen players I would pick over Gibbs from the past 15 years.
Gibbs was easily the most talented football player that has been on this campus since CJ21. A guy with a legit NFL career ahead of him, which would have been huge to have affiliated with our program as an elite football alumni.
Other honorable mentions for best players in past 15 years being BayBay, Waller, Butker, Morgan Burnett and Derrick Morgan. However, I do think Gibbs is the best football player of this bunch.

Gibbs was easily the most talented football player that has been on this campus since CJ21. A guy with a legit NFL career ahead of him, which would have been huge to have affiliated with our program as an elite football alumni.
Other honorable mentions for best players in past 15 years being BayBay, Waller, Butker, Morgan Burnett and Derrick Morgan. However, I do think Gibbs is the best football player of this bunch.
You're ööööing nuts.. he won't have the career of any of those guys

Of the six wins we had while Gibbs was here, I can’t think of a game where he put it on his shoulders and got us the win. He had a big pass against Duke and one against Louisville. But those were one off plays and not dominant performances.

Gibbs production was basically Mason, with the occasional explosive passing play. That’s top shelf, Mason made an NFL roster after all, but it isn’t jaw dropping.

I expect Gibbs to get some good numbers this season against over matched foes, where he can show his explosiveness. But against solid opponents, I would be surprised to see him crack 100 yards.

You're ööööing nuts.. he won't have the career of any of those guys

I do not understand the love affair Tech fans have with Gibbs. He is a quitter. Doesn't bode well for a long/productive NFL career. NFL RBs are a dime a dozen. He'll need to get extremely lucky by being drafted by a NFL team with a good situation for him.

I do not understand the love affair Tech fans have with Gibbs. He is a quitter. Doesn't bode well for a long/productive NFL career. NFL RBs are a dime a dozen. He'll need to get extremely lucky by being drafted by a NFL team with a good situation for him.
Was Alvin Kamara a quitter for leaving UT? 5 pro bowls in 5 years says otherwise

Was Alvin Kamara a quitter for leaving UT? 5 pro bowls in 5 years says otherwise

Do UT fans pine over Kamara and compare him to their all-time greats year after year? No, they moved on. Gibbs is not a Tech man. To compare him to any of those above players is ridiculous. You should be banned for even putting him in the same sentence as Calvin.

Do UT fans pine over Kamara and compare him to their all-time greats year after year? No, they moved on. Gibbs is not a Tech man. To compare him to any of those above players is ridiculous.
It was a comparison on a talent perspective. Not the best "Tech man." Also your point was that he was a quitter, so calling a transfer a quitter is entirely unfair. If that were so, the majority of GT starters are said "quitters"

It was a comparison on a talent perspective. Not the best "Tech man." Also your point was that he was a quitter, so calling a transfer a quitter is entirely unfair. If that were so, the majority of GT starters are said "quitters"
care to put money where your mouth is? $100 gibbs doesnt have the nfl career of kamara... put up or shut up

care to put money where your mouth is? $100 gibbs doesnt have the nfl career of kamara... put up or shut up
Clearly you cannot comprehend. The comparison was with the other Tech players over the past 15 years stating he is the most talented of them all. I never said he would have the NFL career of Kamara. Just calling out the title "quitter" is not appropriate when a player transfers away to a better situation for them. Gibbs will have a solid NFL career which was my point the whole time.

Clearly you cannot comprehend. The comparison was with the other Tech players over the past 15 years stating he is the most talented of them all. I never said he would have the NFL career of Kamara. Just calling out the title "quitter" is not appropriate when a player transfers away to a better situation for them. Gibbs will have a solid NFL career which was my point the whole time.
OK.. $100 vs BeyBey then

hell.. you do know Dontae Smith has more rushing yards than Gibbs with Alabama offensive line vs. cupcakes, right?

Do UT fans pine over Kamara and compare him to their all-time greats year after year? No, they moved on. Gibbs is not a Tech man. To compare him to any of those above players is ridiculous. You should be banned for even putting him in the same sentence as Calvin.
Gibbs doesn’t belong in the same sentence as Calvin, but who does? I do think Gibbs deserves to be mentioned alongside Morgan, Burnett, Thomas, Dwyer, etc. Had he played in a system that actually utilized his talent, we would have a much different view of his time here (and he’d probably still be here).

Back