Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

2CA3054E-7399-4832-BF08-534E5D1CD0AF.jpeg

my only question about Deion is: is he doing this as a hobby and when it gets tough (no longer has his son to coach, no longer has an easy time with admissions, no longer has more talent, no longer gets whatever he wants from admin) does he say it's not worth the hassle?

It will be a big problem if Deion is not hired by us or if a serious run isn't made at him.

Hire Al Golden and not even free hot dogs and cokes will entice anyone to buy season tix.

I know we said you won a Lamborghini but you actually get this slightly used Ranchero

my only question about Deion is: is he doing this as a hobby and when it gets tough (no longer has his son to coach, no longer has an easy time with admissions, no longer has more talent, no longer gets whatever he wants from admin) does he say it's not worth the hassle?
He can earn more money as a head coach than he did in his career, a lot more.

Plus, for to GT and put us in the same conversation for nattys with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State....we will absolutely renegotiate for SEC type top pay. Don't think if we aren't having 11+ wins per season and filling the stadium that we wouldn't pay a coach $8 million a season.

I know we said you won a Lamborghini but you actually get this slightly used Ranchero
Fat chicks dig rancheros. They aren't real tall so just lower the tailgate and set he big ol butt on it and....

I feel like even if that does happen we'll still be in a better place than we are now. Hiring Deion will instantly establish us as both a program that wants to win and a program that can attract big recruits.

I'd rather be trying to backfill Deion two years from now than trying to backfill Collins right now.

I feel like even if that does happen we'll still be in a better place than we are now. Hiring Deion will instantly establish us as both a program that wants to win and a program that can attract big recruits.

I'd rather be trying to backfill Deion two years from now than trying to backfill Collins right now.
high bar...

A bet with a super high ceiling and a floor that's still above where we are right now sounds like a good bet to me.

Absolutely. Deion has no floor and a crazy high ceiling if it works. Commit the $ to hiring good assistants. Shove the chips in and let's see what happens.

No time for a meh AD with a milquetoast hire like O'brien or anyone associated with the O'leary UCF coaching tree.

Back