Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

I saw 'Deion hit an in the park homerun (Braves vs Rockies) in Denver's Mile High stadium. Man has some serious wheels. Hit it to right field, ball went off right fielders glove and into the wall. The fact that he never quit on his effort to get home showed me a while lot. Dude is always working for the win, but in the right way.

I know the end of the PJ tenure soured this fan base on anything but the most conventional offense, but we absolutely have to go with an unconventional offense if we don't hire Prime.

Caveat for the 0% chance that a superstar elite coach like Urban decides to come here on our budget. 0% chance but I will acknowledge the exception.

The reaction I've heard is ... GT needs Deion more than Deion needs GT. If Deion is going to go to GT, GT has to commit to win at the highest levels from the President down to the staff down to the coaching pools down to the facilities. They question if GT is committed enough to win at the Institutional level. I think Coach Prime is just the guy to raise enough hell at GT to get what needs to be changed changed and money thrown where it needs to be thrown. If JSU didn't have it ... he yelled until he got it. I could see having somebody being willing to be abrasive towards The Hill when necessary could be a very good thing.

Sobering and true. And no way will the Hill or school prez acquiesce to the changes needed to do so.

Minus the top flight staff part.

Yes and no. It's not as clear with C[sic]GC whether we had the guys he thought he needed. I think Long/Weinke were the right coaches, so it's hard to say we punted on picking the right staff even if it took too long. It's hard to say they had enough time to really make a solid difference and we can speculate on whether they were hamstrung by C[sic]GC.

Yes and no. It's not as clear with C[sic]GC whether we had the guys he thought he needed. I think Long/Weinke were the right coaches, so it's hard to say we punted on picking the right staff even if it took too long. It's hard to say they had enough time to really make a solid difference and we can speculate on whether they were hamstrung by C[sic]GC.

Long nor Weinke being here less than a year isn't really time to judge one way or the other.

Unequivocally, it's a NO on the staff when Collins was hired. Pnope and Thacker are not good coaches. The point in going w/the face of the program, likable guy, short on the X's and O's (like Dabo) is having a top flight group of coordinators from the get go. Shopping for great value brand coordinators won't work with that model.

I hope that whomever the coach is has a more meaningful budget for staff hires.

Long nor Weinke being here less than a year isn't really time to judge one way or the other.

Unequivocally, it's a NO on the staff when Collins was hired. Pnope and Thacker are not good coaches. The point in going w/the face of the program, likable guy, short on the X's and O's (like Dabo) is having a top flight group of coordinators from the get go. Shopping for great value brand coordinators won't work with that model.

I hope that whomever the coach is has a more meaningful budget for staff hires.

Thacker was his man, not a budget hire. I dunno if Pnode was the same. Clearly they weren't good coaches, but even if we ignore money a bad coach will hire bad coaches without someone else to guide them.

Thacker was his man, not a budget hire. I dunno if Pnode was the same. Clearly they weren't good coaches, but even if we ignore money a bad coach will hire bad coaches without someone else to guide them.

Based upon what? Even Goof wouldn't have turned down a top flight D assistant for Thacker. He's going to say he's his man even if that's all that the budget would allow and of course, a bad coach will hire other ones. I'm referencing the Dabo model where Clemson ponied up the budget and surrounded him with really good assistants--we don't know whether Dabo was astute enough to make those hires or the AD did it for him.

Based upon how much the staff was paid during Collins tenure relative to the rest of the conference, all but Key were budget hires.

Seems this guy is full of öööö

It is literally his second follow on his "follows"

Screenshot_20220927-132534~2.png

lol dude been sitting on this fake account, and this is how he trolls

Back