Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

How is the QB situation at Auburn?

About the same as we are. Finley has the physical tools; but his play hasn't excited anyone. Shedeur could legitimately start there just like he could here. Both us and Auburn have OL problems too.

You guys do realize that if Deion comes here and fails, Tech will be blamed in the media for it and not their neon sweetheart. Don't just look at it, let that sink in.
you are always the life of the party arent you?

You guys do realize that if Deion comes here and fails, Tech will be blamed in the media for it and not their neon sweetheart. Don't just look at it, let that sink in.
Sorry. I’m too busy imagining EVERY home game being like the ‘95 Maryland seat cushion game with Prime strolling the sidelines.

you are always the life of the party arent you?
öööö you and öööö your party. I'm sick of our football team sucking between occasional offseasons of blind hope. All you ööööers ever talk about is the right way to make Tech competitive again, but a name like Deion Sanders comes up and gets people with agendas putting the name Georgia Tech in headlines, and you cannot ööööing wait to jump on that train and ride it straight into the double secret cellar.

I don’t think GT football would matter at that point. What? Will they stop having a school also?

öööö you and öööö your party. I'm sick of our football team sucking between occasional offseasons of blind hope. All you ööööers ever talk about is the right way to make Tech competitive again, but a name like Deion Sanders comes up and gets people with agendas putting the name Georgia Tech in headlines, and you cannot ööööing wait to jump on that train and ride it straight into the double secret cellar.
1664330703511.gif

who gets your vote you ööööing head in sand cock smoker?

Frankly, college football is on life support as a whole, and if Deion doesn't succeed at GT, in ATL, with the President aligning the university behind GT Football, then it is a moot point and we need to accept that college football is just the harlem globetrotters where the SEC schools battle it out to be the Globetrotters that year and a handful of second tier teams battle it out to be the washington generals and teams like us battle it out to be the towel boys for the washington generals.

Frankly, college football is on life support as a whole, and if Deion doesn't succeed at GT, in ATL, with the President aligning the university behind GT Football, then it is a moot point and we need to accept that college football is just the harlem globetrotters where the SEC schools battle it out to be the Globetrotters that year and a handful of second tier teams battle it out to be the washington generals and teams like us battle it out to be the towel boys for the washington generals.
Uh huh. And is that what you think will happen if he comes here and fails? Everyone will pat one another on the back and say it was a good run, but if we couldn't cut it with Deion Sanders as our head coach, we just shouldn't be playing the game. You're worse than delusional, you're deluded pussies who just want a fun moment before the final tragic scene and the curtain call you're resigned to.

ööööing. Pussies.

Uh huh. And is that what you think will happen if he comes here and fails? Everyone will pat one another on the back and say it was a good run, but if we couldn't cut it with Deion Sanders as our head coach, we just shouldn't be playing the game. You're worse than delusional, you're deluded pussies who just want a fun moment before the final tragic scene and the curtain call you're resigned to.

ööööing. Pussies.
Definition of insanity. You think you had room to stretch out at the Ole Miss game, you have no idea where college football is headed with this arms race for programs without deep pockets.

Definition of insanity. You think you had room to stretch out at the Ole Miss game, you have no idea where college football is headed with this arms race for programs without deep pockets.
And you think Deion Sanders is the man to guide a program like Georgia Tech's into this new and horrifying long night in college football.

You got a suggestion who is?
No. I know coaches who I think could be good for us, like Chadwell. But that is ultimately irrelevant here. I think you all bemoan the death of college football when you're the willing target audience for its nationally broadcast slow-slaughter. You're still trying to get back into the big boys club and you'd hoped Gofef could talk our way in, which didn't work. Now you think that if we're hanging on the arm of a guy like Deion Sanders, we can sneak in. If you've already given up on football and just want a spectacle during our sad descent, just say so and stop pretending this some obvious slam dunk.

You spend years whining about all the ways Tech has been lagging behind or poorly imitating the real players in college football. Then the moment arises where you not only have the opportunity to hire a new coach and athletic director, but apparently the president is also inclined to drop a couple stacks in the bucket as we endeavor to engineer the biggest goddamn slingshot in the history of giants or underdogs. And you are all ööööing beside yourselves to get the Prime Time meme signed as head coach before anyone else can.

Why? If you're going to take a chance on anyone, take a chance on the guy who can at least make you feel excited for a season or two? Maybe he actually is a tremendous coach and is the guy who can make Tech a successful program - I would love to understand what has given you guys so much confidence that this is so. If there is good reason to get behind Sanders as the guy, then I am in. But right now all I see is the same bullshit I've seen during every coaching search since 2001 where there's that one big and familiar name which makes for easy fantasizing, easy memes, and mindless hype.

Party after we stop sucking. öööö.

Back