Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

The VPI fans I know are quietly concerned about the rise of Liberty. They have money coming out of their ass and one could make a reasonable argument that they are currently the best program in that state.

Few more years of VPI / UVA being down (which looks likely based on current rosters) and Liberty throwing more money at a better coach than either of them have right now…

They've certainly shown that they're willing to spend money to be competitive. The question now is how long (if ever) until they can get to a point where they're more than an appealing stepping stone job. Regardless of how much money they threw at him and how much he claimed to love it there, everyone pretty much knew Freeze would bolt whenever an SEC team came calling. And if Chadwell is the guy, I don't think anyone is going to be surprised if he leaves in 2-3 years for a P5 job.

The VPI fans I know are quietly concerned about the rise of Liberty. They have money coming out of their ass and one could make a reasonable argument that they are currently the best program in that state.

Few more years of VPI / UVA being down (which looks likely based on current rosters) and Liberty throwing more money at a better coach than either of them have right now…
Liberty lost to VPI with Freeze as the coach this year. As to which of the 3 programs will be the top in the state will probably vary from year to year.

They've certainly shown that they're willing to spend money to be competitive. The question now is how long (if ever) until they can get to a point where they're more than an appealing stepping stone job. Regardless of how much money they threw at him and how much he claimed to love it there, everyone pretty much knew Freeze would bolt whenever an SEC team came calling. And if Chadwell is the guy, I don't think anyone is going to be surprised if he leaves in 2-3 years for a P5 job.

Any school outside of the P5 will always be a stepping stone.

Did we even interview Prime?

Kinda crazy he didn’t.

Word on the street is that Tech boosters reached out but Deion was not very excited so no official contact was made.

Edit: I'm not sure on the timing - it may have been before J Batt was even hired so who knows if he would have been onboard or the hill could have been convinced.

Folks are gonna look smart or dumb depending on what happens there. Gonna be real interesting to see. If Deion win a bunch of games I’ll be pissed. That being said I like key
My prediction is that Deion shows up to Colorado, has some very good initial recruiting results, has a decent to good amount of initial success, and then flames out pretty quickly. I think he will leave the program worse than he found it.

I don’t think he will overwhelm PAC level teams in the same way he was SWAC teams talent wise.

My prediction is that Deion shows up to Colorado, has some very good initial recruiting results, has a decent to good amount of initial success, and then flames out pretty quickly. I think he will leave the program worse than he found it.

I don’t think he will overwhelm PAC level teams in the same way he was SWAC teams talent wise.
Colorado is pretty bad right now so that'd be quite a feat

If he works out at Colorado, he'll be the Auburn coach within 3 years.

Good job Batt. You bum.

This tweet highlights exactly what the problem with getting success from Sanders could be. While conventional logic is when a successful coach is poached, you at least have what he built up left behind, but is that going to be the case here?
We'll see how many players actually follow him to Colorado; though maybe another question is how much of what he built there was transfer portal people coming in who can't leave for free?

Word on the street is that Tech boosters reached out but Deion was not very excited so no official contact was made.

Edit: I'm not sure on the timing - it may have been before J Batt was even hired so who knows if he would have been onboard or the hill could have been convinced.

Batt didn’t even attempt to contact Prime? If so, that’s pathetic. Simply not doing one’s job. I hope Key works out but this coaching search seemed pathetic. Tech has no desire to build a great program.

Batt didn’t even attempt to contact Prime? If so, that’s pathetic. Simply not doing one’s job. I hope Key works out but this coaching search seemed pathetic. Tech has no desire to build a great program.
At this point I don't think anyone speaking in the open has any ööööing idea who Batt did or did not contact. I'm sure people who have real connections have put words to the subject, but I doubt there's much Reliable truth to any of it.

Back