Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

He was my dream hire, too. But I don't think the finances were there at this point, even if Batt were interested. We simply aren't paying 5 million a year for a coach today. I believe the commitment to get there is real, but the money doesn't appear overnight.

I'm really interested to see the contract Deion gets. Five million a year would shock me.

I'm really interested to see the contract Deion gets. Five million a year would shock me.
If that number is real (and it's a rumor that is all over the place), then that is all the explanation the "Sanders or bust" crowd should need. No way in hell were we paying that much for a coach next year. IF we didn't interview him that would probably explain why too, contact with his agent would quickly let us know a contract wasn't going to get worked out no matter what.

At this point I don't think anyone speaking in the open has any ööööing idea who Batt did or did not contact. I'm sure people who have real connections have put words to the subject, but I doubt there's much Reliable truth to any of it.

True but when there is, for example, an NFL coaching search. It’s very clear who is interviewed and who is not interviewed. All we know is that Fritz and Key were interviewed. Seems pathetic. At least make an attempt to show us that due diligence was done.

True but when there is, for example, an NFL coaching search. It’s very clear who is interviewed and who is not interviewed. All we know is that Fritz and Key were interviewed. Seems pathetic. At least make an attempt to show us that due diligence was done.
What good does it do to advertise all of the people who told us no? That makes us look worse.

In the NFL they have to document the search to prove they met the minority interview requirement.

In the NFL they have to document the search to prove they met the minority interview requirement.

The teams in the NFL also have much more leverage. You never here about people turning down NFL jobs, except maybe a top few coaches.

Can you imagine the buyout Prime’s agent worked out with Colorado?

DS is an interesting guy but no way I would take a chance on him if I’m J. We simply cannot afford to take that kind of financial risk.

Colorado is god-awful and the only way to fix it fast is 4 busloads of portal guys. I don’t think that is going to work. If they lose 10 games next year, no one will care about who he is anymore.

Some real deep thinking here.

$5 million a year is a PEDESTRIAN NCAA FBS salary today. Sorry, it just is. If you can't swing that, then GTFO and drop down to FCS.

That's just $1.7 million more than we paid Clown!!! The added attendance alone from the hype and the spectacle that is Prime would have covered that. With six home games, including a fully leveraged MBS game, I bet he would have easily been worth an extra 80000 asses in seats. WAY more than an extra $1.7 million in revenue. How the öööö else do you plan to sell tickets for Bowling Green?

The requirements to coach in the SEC West is you must be an asshole as a coach. Freeze foots the bill and then some.

Well, if he is still there on August 30, 2025 when we all go smoke some good stuff in Boulder, then we can revisit this discussion. (Also September 5, 2026 in BDS). Otherwise, I believe the ship has sailed!

We are living in poverty. Can’t kick the can any further down the road after the Collins hire and our dues on facilities spending.

Batt is the right man for the job at this moment. We need a few years of thinking like an accountant to get out of this hole.

The longer term is yet to be seen.

Nah, big difference between just being dumb and horny and creeping on underage girls, harassing victims of sexual assault and comparing your own career troubles to the crucifixion of Jesus. Guy is a POS and I look forward to watching Aubie get waxed
You are spot on and were ahead of his interview today on Gameday. He would be best to not try to rationalize his transgressions like he has risen like a Phoenix... Just say nothing..

Back