Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

Colorado QB entering portal after Deion announced his son will be QB

Should hang around, stay in school, and when Donions son gets plowed, should refuse to play to get some of juniors NIL per game kickback. It's a business you know. Player unions are next.

Deion is getting paid millions to play daddy ball. That is awesome. Colorado has nothing to lose right now so they took a shot. But deep down they know they’ll look stupid when Deion leaves after his son’s eligibility is up. Get ready for the Shedeur for Heisman campaign Deion will finance.
Neon "Prime" Deion's persistent theme at his introductory meeting with Colorado players:

"I'm comin'" :bfd:

:dunno:

FAKE news.....he announced it last Thursday before Deion spoke to the team on Sunday.

Yeah, there’s a narrative being developed right now about Deion and a lot of the “evidence” supporting it is bullshit. The first meeting where Deion supposedly told the players they lost their jobs and needed to hit the portal? That’s bullshit. He told them his type of players were hard and tough and he made the Colorado players repeat the mantra. Then he said you can play for me if you’re hard and tough and if you’re not, then you can hit the portal.

Paul Johnson said the same thing when he got here in December 2007. So did Saban at Alabama and every other hard ass coach that takes over a soft program. There was nothing in what Deion said that was out of the ordinary

Didn't Herm Edwards do something similar to this approach at Arizona State? Peter principle at work

That Colorado locker room is gonna be funky.

Deion made the entire thing about Deion, nuked any chemistry the team might've had, and told the team he's replacing them because Prime Time.
This ☝☝☝.

This is going to be an absolute, unmitigated disaster IMHO. Which is fine because öööö Colorado, but still. This is the biggest coaching hire gamble of all time... and being done without a clue of how they are going to pay for it. It's like maxing out your credit cards, savings and anything else you can beg, borrow or steal and laying it all on the outcome of a roulette spin. After watching that introductory press conference, he better hope he has a plan to replace the entire team with 4 and 5 star portal transfers that can start on day 1. And even if he does, its gonna be a mess because he hasn't coached a single down as a FBS coach against FBS competition.

Pssst... the other teams have good players and good coaches that their athletic departments paid millions for also. They're gonna find out fast. 2023 opens with TCU.
Colorado 2023 Football Schedule.png

If I had to predict, nothing will be left in Boulder but a smoldering crater and a lot of finger pointing when this thing is done playing out.

If I had to predict, nothing will be left in Boulder but a smoldering crater and a lot of finger pointing when this thing is done playing out.
interesting analogy given that it was literally a smoldering crater last year during the most destructive fire in CO history... Deion's got his work cut out for him to beat that lol

Back