Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

Five Buffs in the portal this week. Will be interesting to track over the next few weeks.

Doesn't appear to be a mass exodus....yet. I am surprised but as you said it will be interesting to track over the coming weeks. Whether many of those kids bolt or not, I just can't see that situation playing out very well. Gotta be a lot of acrimony in that locker room. Some of those kids probably want to stay in Boulder and go to school at Colorado regardless who is coaching. They chose the school. They may not want to play somewhere else. Will be interesting to see how that plays out with the new staff. "Quiet quitting" is all the rage I hear.

Deion will not know how to react or handle negative situations when it hits him as a coach. As a player he was so talented that negative situations never touched him. His team, yes, but not him. But now as a coach in high school and at Jackson he was playing daddy ball and had all the big kids in the neighborhood on his son‘s team. He has played it perfectly into a huge payday.

Now, he won’t have a stacked team. He’ll play the media to create buzz but in the end he’ll have a few nice players follow him from Jackson and he’ll get some signees but he’ll have a ton of holes and will get smoked several games. Perhaps he can persevere and build a program over the next 3 years but he has shown nothing towards that other than making sure his son is front and center. As a dad I get it and as a Deion fan I’m enjoying watching it, but if I was a parent of a high caliber player I’d be suspicious. Look at the #1 player that the media has been telling us was the key to the kingdom last year - Travis Hunter. It’s a year later and Deion has done nothing for him. It was a lost season. I get that he was injured but did the kid get better practicing against a bunch of receivers who didn’t have D1 offers? Bottom line is what has Deion done for anyone but Deion and his son?

he better do something. Fisher at Texas A2M is #3 at https://coacheshotseat.com/

Looks like they picked the most grizzled photos they could find. Desperate looking bunch. You have to be desperate to ring up Bobby Petrino. I wouldn't let that guy anywhere near my program.

Doesn't take long to land on that hot seat list apparently. Top 10 hot seats Billy Napier, Brent Venebles, and Mario Cristobal all have only 1 year as new head coaches. As does hot seat #15 Brent Pry.

Top 10 hot seats Jimbo and Mel Tucker aren't gonna be cheap to get out of.

Big buyouts are program killers. Especially if you choose a replacement that does even worse.

UF fired Dan Mullen (34-15) for Billy Napier (6-6)
VT fired Justin Fuente (43-31) for Brent Pry (3-8)
Miami fired Manny Diaz (21-15) for Mario Cristobal (5-7)

Too early to tell but these situations often don't improve.

Deion will not know how to react or handle negative situations when it hits him as a coach. As a player he was so talented that negative situations never touched him. His team, yes, but not him. But now as a coach in high school and at Jackson he was playing daddy ball and had all the big kids in the neighborhood on his son‘s team. He has played it perfectly into a huge payday.

Now, he won’t have a stacked team. He’ll play the media to create buzz but in the end he’ll have a few nice players follow him from Jackson and he’ll get some signees but he’ll have a ton of holes and will get smoked several games. Perhaps he can persevere and build a program over the next 3 years but he has shown nothing towards that other than making sure his son is front and center. As a dad I get it and as a Deion fan I’m enjoying watching it, but if I was a parent of a high caliber player I’d be suspicious. Look at the #1 player that the media has been telling us was the key to the kingdom last year - Travis Hunter. It’s a year later and Deion has done nothing for him. It was a lost season. I get that he was injured but did the kid get better practicing against a bunch of receivers who didn’t have D1 offers? Bottom line is what has Deion done for anyone but Deion and his son?
He just flipped one the best RB's for 2023. He will get good players to come there. He's not the same Deion from back in the day either.

wE sHoUlD jUsT pAy KeY mOrE!
What a retarded post.

I have read stories that we had a couple of other preferred candidates, like Fritz, but apparently they wouldn't take the paltry nickels and dimes that Cabrera and Batt were prepared to pay.

Key will either be successful, or he will be Tech's last coach in FBS before it reverts to FCS. Because $2.8 million is totally uncompetitive in P5 FCS..

What a retarded post.

I have read stories that we had a couple of other preferred candidates, like Fritz, but apparently they wouldn't take the paltry nickels and dimes that Cabrera and Batt were prepared to pay.

Key will either be successful, or he will be Tech's last coach in FBS before it reverts to FCS. Because $2.8 million is totally uncompetitive in P5 FCS..
You’ve read stories. How cute. That means you for sure know how it went down.

Back