Other Schools' Coaching Changes [Now with Colorado's Deion]

That logic doesn't track to me. Usually you hire a coach with the expectation that he will improve your team significantly, especially if your team is currently really bad. Just because you maintain the status quo doesn't mean you haven't failed.

To apply it to us, I will consider Key a failure if he keeps us at 3-9 every season, even though he hasn't made us any worse. Similarly, I expect most will consider Deion not to have succeeded if he goes 3-9 every year at Colorado, even though he would have made them better.

It would be near impossible to maintain the status quo at Colorado. Prime will make them better. That’s a given. It’s ridiculous to think otherwise.

The mentality here is akin to a loser hoping that everyone else loses to make them feel better about the fact that they are losers.

This is it. Hopefully for their fragile egos Deion can fall flat on his face so they can come back with their told you so posts especially if Key just performs ho hum 5-7 to 7-5 with annual beat dows by UGA over the next 4/5 years. (Sounds almost like I'm describing Chan Gailey)

I hope Deion succeeds but loses to Tech when we play his team in a few years. It is ok to be a Tech fan and still root for his success.i grew up with Deion Sanders, being a young teen when he played at FSU and then the Falcons. I ran into him once at Gwinnett Place mall near Champs Sporting Goods. Seems like a genuinely good guy for being Prime Time.

Is it ok to be a Tech Fan and not a Colorado fan? I think what Colorado did, and Deion is doing, don't deserve fandom.

Colorado coach Deion Sanders made quite a stir when he told his players, within minutes of meeting them for the first time, that their assistance was no longer required, encouraging them to enter the transfer portal to make room for his incoming recruits.

“I actually never got contacted by Deion or any of his new staff. I got called. They told me that coach Deion didn’t want to honor my commitment and hung up the phone.”

“[George] called me and my dad and he wanted the 2023 class to stay together. He said I was going to have a chance to be a Colorado Buffalo regardless of who he hired,” said McDuffie, who honored his commitment, even after the coach that recruited him, Karl Donnell, was let go.

“I was told by Rick George I was going to have a scholarship regardless of who the coach was going to be,” said Tyrone McDuffie, an offensive lineman from El Paso, whose scholarship was pulled. “He called me and my dad and he wanted the 2023 class to stay together. He said I was going to have a chance to be a Colorado Buffalo regardless of who he hired. They even sent former offensive line coach (Kyle) DeVan down to El Paso, Texas, to talk to me and my head coach and tell me stuff is going down, but you’ll still have a chance to be a Colorado Buffalo.

Former Colorado recruits slam Deion Sanders, Rick George (thecomeback.com)

I was a Deion fan up until a couple of weeks ago. Now I think it is justice if he flops and takes Colorado down with him. I actually hope current and former players, and Colorado supporters turn on him and George.

It would be near impossible to maintain the status quo at Colorado. Prime will make them better. That’s a given. It’s ridiculous to think otherwise.
Yet, the 'status quo' has been maintained at Colorado for every year save one since 2006 through seven different coaches. History would say that it would be ridiculous to think their administration would suddenly get it right.

The mentality here is akin to a loser hoping that everyone else loses to make them feel better about the fact that they are losers.
Ooh, let me play. Your mentality is akin to a loser ignoring reality for fear that others will see that they are wrong once again. Is that how these general baseless accusations work? Did I do that right?

I just don’t like Deion, I would very much enjoy watching him crater, i think his whole religious/great guy shtick is fake AF. PS, frick 5th down CU too.

Yet, the 'status quo' has been maintained at Colorado for every year save one since 2006 through seven different coaches. History would say that it would be ridiculous to think their administration would suddenly get it right.

Ooh, let me play. Your mentality is akin to a loser ignoring reality for fear that others will see that they are wrong once again. Is that how these general baseless accusations work? Did I do that right?

Losers lose. Winners win. It’s pretty simple. Prime does not have a history of losing on the field or in coaching. So it would be a stretch to say otherwise. But, that’s okay, whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Losers lose. Winners win. It’s pretty simple. Prime does not have a history of losing on the field or in coaching. So it would be a stretch to say otherwise. But, that’s okay, whatever makes you feel better about yourself.
You keep making everything personal, whatever makes you feel better about yourself. I don't give a öööö about Sanders or Colorado. I'm just pointing out your odd logic. As you said, 'Winners win, losers lose.' Colorado has been losing for the better part of two decades. Yet, despite that information, you are convinced that Sanders is the Messiah (Christmas reference). Sanders was a very good player who chased rings and contracts. The teams he played on that did anything were going to do that without him. This is his first coaching opportunity where he is not punching below his weight. His sports track record suggests that he'll bail within 2 1/2 years.

I never have like that extra I in his name.

I always thought his mom was referring to a slang term for “the charged particle”

Prime had a history of losing with the Falcons which is part of why he left for the 49'ers. He also left the winning Braves for the losing Falcons (a move with he publicly regretted). The point is that Prime has a history of both winning and losing.

Prime had a history of losing with the Falcons which is part of why he left for the 49'ers. He also left the winning Braves for the losing Falcons (a move with he publicly regretted). The point is that Prime has a history of both winning and losing.
He got drafted by the Falcons. How did he leave the Braves for the Falcons?

He got drafted by the Falcons. How did he leave the Braves for the Falcons?

He left to Braves mid-season to play for the Falcons full time. He made some comment later like 'That's the last time I'll leave a winning team for a losing one'.

Didn’t he play for the Falcons? Looo-seeer. So instead of sticking it out to try and help make them winners he bailed to go play for our division arch-enemies of the time- The 49ers. Deion is all about Deion and nothing else.

Before they hired Prime, Colorado was like us. No where to go but up. Personally I think he will get them to respectability. I’m sure he’s not through on the portal.

One DB doesn't dictate a team's W-L record. The point was that Prime was a winner on the field (excellent player). Obviously, he didn't single-handedly win games for the Falcons. That would be a leap.

It's a stretch to say that a coach will struggle jumping from Jackson State to FBS, more because of his name than actual merit?

You strike me as someone who watches a lot of youtube shorts. That isn't relevant, but it is true.

One DB doesn't dictate a team's W-L record. The point was that Prime was a winner on the field (excellent player). Obviously, he didn't single-handedly win games for the Falcons. That would be a leap.

Being an excellent player doesn't make you a winner, neither does being an excellent coach. Check out Bobby Ross' record at these stops:
Citadel 24-31
Army 9-25
Detroit 27-30
Most consider Ross an excellent coach because of his record at Maryland, GT, and San Diego. My point is that if Colorado is the right situation Deion Sanders can win, if it is the wrong situation (like Ross at Army) then he probably won't win. Just because Ross played for Championships at GT and San Diego doesn't mean he had the same success at Army. Neither does Sanders success at Jackson State mean he'll be winner at Colorado.

It's interesting to see how many people here are hoping that he fails. I think it's unlikely. Prime is a winner. History has shown that. He can only succeed at Colorado. It's impossible to make them any worse. You can't get any lower than becoming completely irrelevant and being competitive in 2 out of 12 games. Their schedule next year is quite favorable outside of TCU in the first 7 games. He is well positioned for a good start to this time in Boulder.

That's not necessarily true in a grand scheme sense. If he does as bad as they have been before, they wouldn't be worse in record per se but if tickets/donations dry up Colorado could wind up in really bad debt situations if they need to fire him or even just paying salaries if it goes bad enough.

There is also the question of talent situation when he was hired vs fired; obviously not an issue at this exact moment but if he doesn't pan out it could be a question (don't know how bad they may of been in this department beforehand so it may not in fact be likely).

Basically, no he probably can't make them worse in terms of record from how bad they have been, but it is possible he could reduce their ability to improve in the future.

That's not necessarily true in a grand scheme sense. If he does as bad as they have been before, they wouldn't be worse in record per se but if tickets/donations dry up Colorado could wind up in really bad debt situations if they need to fire him or even just paying salaries if it goes bad enough.

There is also the question of talent situation when he was hired vs fired; obviously not an issue at this exact moment but if he doesn't pan out it could be a question (don't know how bad they may of been in this department beforehand so it may not in fact be likely).

Basically, no he probably can't make them worse in terms of record from how bad they have been, but it is possible he could reduce their ability to improve in the future.

The one exception would be bringing the death penalty to Colorado. Seems unlikely though. The overwhelming consensus around the country is that this is a great hire for Colorado. But apparently, you guys know better than everyone else. Per Stingtalk, Brent Key is a tremendous hire, and Prime is a terrible hire. Makes sense.

The one exception would be bringing the death penalty to Colorado. Seems unlikely though. The overwhelming consensus around the country is that this is a great hire for Colorado. But apparently, you guys know better than everyone else. Per Stingtalk, Brent Key is a tremendous hire, and Prime is a terrible hire. Makes sense.

Strawman, "everyone else says you're wrong", strawman.

You're really bad at this.

Back