Patenaude to be OC

The 09 team was the second best team we've had since 1990, behind the 14 team. If the 09 team hadn't lost to Georgia, which is more important than Duke or UNC, and hadn't gotten completely demolished in our first trip to the Orange Bowl, they might compete with the 14 team. Gosh, it's almost like you have to take the entire season into consideration.

I literally said you don't have to agree with me. Let's check the tape.

Upon further review, instant video replay confirms the call on the field that my entire post was literally instructions and encouragement for disagreeing with me, and an admonition that I literally don't care if you do or don't agree with me. Why did you even reply?
If I were you, @beej67, I would tell that guy to do a Carradine. Of course, that would be against the rules, unless it’s Saturday night and GT isn’t playing.

No surprise there. His offense got completely shut down by Duke in the second half; but that is in the past now. Duke was able to hold Temple to 53 net yards of rushing offense, that will certainly be something we will have to adjust to as fans.
We haven't exactly run all over Duke the last few years...

People keep commenting on this. He built his staff at Temple with people he likes, so it shouldn't be surprising that he's hiring people he likes at Tech, as well.

It's like a CEO who comes in and hires his own people from his previous company. He's not transplanting the previous company, he's hiring people he likes, trusts, and respects.

Not to mention basically all the guys he's bringing have experience with Tech, the state of GA, and/or recruiting in the southeast.

Collins said we would tailor the offense to fit our personnel. The QBs they had at Temple were statues, so I don't know what to expect since he'll have dual threats here.

Can’t you guys sniff marketing when you see it?

- But Coach Collins, how am I going to fit into your offense?
- We tailor the offense to fit our personnel. Your talents will be on display.

Can’t you guys sniff marketing when you see it?

- But Coach Collins, how am I going to fit into your offense?
- We tailor the offense to fit our personnel. Your talents will be on display.
I get that and like it. It's Collins' version of coachspeak. It also means I have no idea what to expect.

I get that and like it. It's Collins' version of coachspeak. It also means I have no idea what to expect.
You can guess what he’s telling recruits: my team will prepare you for the NFL, we’ll build the team around your unique skills so you shine, etc. Then he backs that up in all his media interviews. Good marketing.

We are coming from a bah humbug, go f*** yourself if you don't like me coach to a coach that will tell you anything to make you happy. Just because a coach tells you anything to make you happy doesn't mean it's actually going to happen.

Some of you are buying this hook, line & sinker.

I am cautiously optimistic about the new coach but I'm not going to build him up like some kind of Savior when he hasn't done anything yet. So far it's all been talk.

We are coming from a bah humbug, go f*** yourself if you don't like me coach to a coach that will tell you anything to make you happy. Just because a coach tells you anything to make you happy doesn't mean it's actually going to happen.

Some of you are buying this hook, line & sinker.

I am cautiously optimistic about the new coach but I'm not going to build him up like some kind of Savior when he hasn't done anything yet. So far it's all been talk.

Thank you for not contributing to all this unnecessary excitement and buzz about our program. It’s best if we keep our expectations low. That way, we can be pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed.

The first priority for CGC is to get coaches who are exceptional recruiters. That's mostly a personality thing, so I'd give him the leeway to use his judgement about the guys he brings in. If Tech doesn't compete at the higher levels of the ACC with recruiting, the whole regime change will probably fail anyway. But if we get good athletes for a couple years, there will be better opportunities to bring in top coordinators, and his buddies from Temple might be happy to look for head coaching jobs at a lower level. Chapter One is Jimmys and Joes and giving the current players an opportunity to contribute.

If any of you have watched the Chiefs, Rams, or even the Bears this year, an NFL offense certainly doesn’t mean what it used to. The NFL has gotten a lot more creative and diverse on the offensive side of the ball in the last 2-3 years.

I take the NFL thing to mean we are going to actively help our athletes achieve NFL dreams. I’m not convinced that’s CPJ did that because he didn’t feel it was his responsibility. He was very much a “self-motivation” and solve your own problems kinda guy. It’s something I think CPJ should’ve gotten away from if he wanted to continue his success but he wasn’t interested in changing who he was to appease the current crop of teenagers and I can’t say I blame him.

I don't think CPJ felt like his offense was a limiting factor to getting to the NFL, and I think the results show that it wasn't. I can't think of a single athlete that had NFL measurables that didn't get an opportunity to play in the NFL, in fact we had a couple of guys get NFL opportunities that probably should not have. The bigger reason we didn't put a high number of players in the NFL was that they were not NFL material, not that they weren't ready. Regardless it gave other coaches material to use against us in recruiting.

Back