Patenaude to be OC

We are coming from a bah humbug, go f*** yourself if you don't like me coach to a coach that will tell you anything to make you happy. Just because a coach tells you anything to make you happy doesn't mean it's actually going to happen.

Some of you are buying this hook, line & sinker.

I am cautiously optimistic about the new coach but I'm not going to build him up like some kind of Savior when he hasn't done anything yet. So far it's all been talk.

Didn't know you were the previous guy's agent

You served him well when you rooked his former employer into raises by making it seem like Aubie, then Tenn were actually interested in investing in 3O FB

I’ve said it before, but a lot of this is branding more so than it is an indication of what we are going to run offensively. Like it or not, our “brand” under CPJ was “can’t get to the nfl from that offense so why would you go play there.” It’s not a completely fair brand, but IIWII and other coaches used it against us heavily in recruiting.

CGC is as big on branding as he is anything else and he has to get rid of the old brand in order to really succeed at what he does best - recruit. So I don’t see anything wrong with his statements nor do I see any of it as a slight to CPJ.

Edit - think of it as CGC controlling the narrative on how GT is described as a team. This may be the best thing for us - a media savvy coach. CPJ was a lot of good things, but media savvy was not one of them and it allowed the media to control the narrative - CPJ basically said as much in his last press conference. CGC seems much more willing to play the media game and may be selling ice to Eskimos with this NFL offense stuff (and we will really be running a HUNH RPO offense that is not a pro style offense) and media will sell what CGC is selling.

This is one of the better posts you've made since Collins was hired. We have to remember that Geoff knows exactly what pitches are used to recruit against us since he spent the past several years doing exactly that. I imagine some of what he is saying is going directly to contradict that negative recruiting theme.

Last edited:
This is one of the better posts you've made since Collins was hired. We have to remember that Geoff knows exactly what pitches are used to recruit against us since he spent the past several years doing exactly that. I imagine some of what he is saying is going directly to contradict that negative recruiting theme.
I’ve actually tried to be pretty reasonable to both CPJ and CGC. I haven’t been part of the dancing on CPJ’s grave crew, though I was a big proponent of it being time for a change.

I’ve actually tried to be pretty reasonable to both CPJ and CGC. I haven’t been part of the dancing on CPJ’s grave crew, though I was a big proponent of it being time for a change.

I don't believe in dancing on graves either unless the guy leaves us a depleted roster on the way out

I never danced on Chan's grave unlike many others

I don't believe in dancing on graves either unless the guy leaves us a depleted roster on the way out

I never danced on Chan's grave unlike many others
I don’t think Paul left us with a depleted roster for his system. I do think we are going to have some trouble with moving some of those players around to fit in a different system.....will be very visible in depth at certain positions. But that’s not CPJ’s fault since he was recruiting for his system and not some unknown future coach’s system.

I don’t think Paul left us with a depleted roster for his system. I do think we are going to have some trouble with moving some of those players around to fit in a different system.....will be very visible in depth at certain positions. But that’s not CPJ’s fault since he was recruiting for his system and not some unknown future coach’s system.

What you wrote is 100% true

What I'm about to write is mostly true

CPJ's baseline philosophy is wrong on so many levels

He had no respect for the talent level required to compete at the P5 level, instead recruiting players that could do what was needed for his system rather than recruiting great FB players period and then teaching them his system

That way if we ran into talented teams, we wouldn't have to hear "physical superiority cancels all theories" in press conferences

He was too realiant on system, Minnesota should never be physically superior to GT unless their team name is the Vikings

That statement alone separates you from even the idea of credibility.

Look at the throwing motions of :

Jaybo

Tevin

Taquon

Tobias

And other QBs

After seeing those guys try to complete passes, for you to write what you wrote you have no credibility

Do you watch the games?

Have you seen our LBs try to "play in space"?

Have you seen the "Marvious Hester sized cushions" that our DBs give to the opposition?

Your credibility should be questioned before mine is

Has this actually been confirmed anywhere? I saw the first post, but I trust nothing the AJC says.

Jaybo

Tevin

Taquon

Tobias

And other QBs

After seeing those guys try to complete passes, for you to write what you wrote you have no credibility

Do you watch the games?

Have you seen the "Marvious Hester sized cushions" that our DBs give to the opposition?

Also check out the sizes of their hands

He had no respect for the talent level required to compete at the P5 level, instead recruiting players that could do what was needed for his system rather than recruiting great FB players period and then teaching them his system

That way if we ran into talented teams, we wouldn't have to hear "physical superiority cancels all theories" in press conferences

He was too realiant on system, Minnesota should never be physically superior to GT unless their team name is the Vikings

:bigcry:

Jaybo

Tevin

Taquon

Tobias

And other QBs

Do you watch the games?

You joined three weeks ago, have 150 posts, 500 negative ratings, and have been posting nonstop.

You obviously aren’t CGC himself; even with four phones he couldn’t manage your output.

But you might have sprung full grown from his head like Athena.

Last edited:

so that's why he offered Todd Gurley and Bryce Love, to name just two, because they would fit into his system, not because he thought they were good players ... ok.

True.
I think the biggest questions on offense will be at tackle - previously, it was getting more agile guys out there to block on the perimeter (watch Qua's and Clinton's runs in the first series of 2016 COFH - that's Klock clocking the corner) and at QB. If Graham were eligible, it would be interesting to see what he could do in the spring.
I think Parker Braun is still going to be a beast at G, no matter the offense and I like what Hansen does at the other guard.
We've got some kids we haven't seen a lot of who were very good prospects in the secondary - Bonds, Showell, K Oliver (who did play a little this year). Maybe new staff moves Juanyeh to wide receiver. Maybe.

I don’t remember anyone dancing on Chan’s grave the way you and certain other fonts have on Paul’s.
Chan Gailey was and is like Hillary is to Trump for many GT message board types. Never understood why he was thrown in with BL. Chan was a decent coach who could not beat UGA (mostly great teams). I was ready for him to go but the vitriol was strong from many.

True.
I think the biggest questions on offense will be at tackle - previously, it was getting more agile guys out there to block on the perimeter (watch Qua's and Clinton's runs in the first series of 2016 COFH - that's Klock clocking the corner) and at QB. If Graham were eligible, it would be interesting to see what he could do in the spring.
I think Parker Braun is still going to be a beast at G, no matter the offense and I like what Hansen does at the other guard.
We've got some kids we haven't seen a lot of who were very good prospects in the secondary - Bonds, Showell, K Oliver (who did play a little this year). Maybe new staff moves Juanyeh to wide receiver. Maybe.
Quinney will also be fine in a new scheme. Just needs to bulk up which shouldn’t be a problem.

Back