3 Chan Gailey 2002 2007 0.579
4 Bobby Ross 1987 1991 0.543
5 Bill Fulcher 1972 1973 0.543
6 Pepper Rodgers 1974 1979 0.522
7 Bud Carson 1967 1971 0.5
8 Geoff Collins 2019 2019 0.5
9 Bill Curry 1980 1986 0.423
10 Bill Lewis 1992 1994 0.36

He also won a conference championship, Orange Bowl and broke long losing streaks to both UGA and FSU.
CGC about to go from 8th to 1st!!!! Beat Citadel!!!!

GoldZ

Dodd-Like
I understand why they were a big deal. But my point is what changed because of them? Really, nothing. The state the program was essentially left the same or worse after CPJ being head coach.

If you’re opinion is that the state of the program is dictated by how often we beat uga or go to an orange bowl... I guess your opinion would differ on that

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
Even if Patenaude is a dud (I'm leaning toward probably is), I think Collins will be successful here if we don't have any scandals.

Collins has a strong record as a great defensive coach and recruiter, and seems like a great leader (unlike the buffoon DCs at UGA, USCe, etc.) He'll get offense worked out. Just like a hot person can make any clothes look good, with the right recruits we can succeed in any O.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
I can't edit the post. I meant buffoon former DCs... Smart, Muschamp, etc

Those guys aren't HC material

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Even if Patenaude is a dud (I'm leaning toward probably is), I think Collins will be successful here if we don't have any scandals.

Collins has a strong record as a great defensive coach and recruiter, and seems like a great leader (unlike the buffoon DCs at UGA, USCe, etc.) He'll get offense worked out. Just like a hot person can make any clothes look good, with the right recruits we can succeed in any O.
Much better to let Patenaude take the hits during the offensive transition and then if Collins doesn't like what he sees, he can hire a sexy up and comer once we have an established base and a talent upgrade. No reason to throw someone to the wolves with the current roster makeup.

I hate to be critical of players and Oliver and Graham can be great players in their own way but we don't have a single QB on the roster that would be RECRUITED by any other ACC school to play QB.

goldmember

Damn Good Rat

Totally agree, and Collins is going to fix the roster regardless. IMO we haven't been very good at recruiting/roster management since O'Leary and that I am confident is going to change.

That's not to say that either didn't bring in some great players just top to bottom recruiting and especially roster management was lacking.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Much better to let Patenaude take the hits during the offensive transition and then if Collins doesn't like what he sees, he can hire a sexy up and comer once we have an established base and a talent upgrade. No reason to throw someone to the wolves with the current roster makeup.

I hate to be critical of players and Oliver and Graham can be great players in their own way but we don't have a single QB on the roster that would be RECRUITED by any other ACC school to play QB.
Oliver would look good in a Meyers/Mullen offensive scheme. He throws as well as Tebow.

Nanajoth

Varsity Lurker
To be fair JfN used to just be the guy that would scramble out of the shotgun on 3rd down under CCG.

GT98

Dodd-Like
Yep, this coach just isn’t very good. Getting stuff by the Citadel most of the first half.

Pulling QBs mid series is stupid. Moving the ball with Tobias, so quick, put in Lucas.:facepalm:

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee
Tobias is the only qb we should play from here on out. It is clear that Graham has some problem.