Paul Johnson gets Extension

Paul had the lame Tevin Years, the injury-gate year (2015), and this year’s blow-double-digit-lead year. Other than that, he’s done extremely well...almost got us into the playoff 3 years ago.

I’m good with the extension and improvement initiatives.

Almost made the playoffs? We were two wins away

Amazing. Every word you just said is wrong.

Only amazing to a dummy.

-10 years is plenty of time for any self respecting business or university.
- sewak coaches dirty, in many folks opinion anyway.
- last I saw no bonus for beating ugag in contract
- bonus for going to any bowl last I saw. Regardless of record or bowl.

But everyone else is wrong.

C PJ or whoever is the coach at GT deserves more fan support, better facilities, more recruiting help, bigger budget and all other good things.

But this, right now, is absurd.

Enjoy the sellout crowds next season.

I think TStan wants to see what CPJ can do with the right support, he should have been given all this time. Better recruiting support will bring better players. We all have seen how potent the offense is with high caliber players like Dwyer etc. Now let's just imagine a defense with a offense this good! Johnson has been good for Tech and I don't think he has reached his peak at Tech yet.

That better D was going to happen with Groh, and then with Roof.

Exactly. Maybe it increases assistant pay, maybe it eliminates a contract buy out, maybe it has a 7 year auto-renewing clause ... need to know the details before the negative comments.

Good points

GTAA won't get a dime of my money anymore until I see some drive for accountability from CPJ. No more witnessing turd burritos in person for me. You Polyanna's big cry me and go down and kneel at the AA and maybe he will smear some feces on your foreheads.

Ole Miss Booster: "We sucked this year. I'm going to change that by paying recruits to bring more talent to the team!"

GT Booster: "We sucked this year. I'm going to change that by withholding money from the athletic association!"

We are playing a different game than everyone else. From the culture on down.

Ole Miss Booster: "We sucked this year. I'm going to change that by paying recruits to bring more talent to the team!"

GT Booster: "We sucked this year. I'm going to change that by withholding money from the athletic association!"

We are playing a different game than everyone else. From the culture on down.

Ole Miss Coach: "We sucked this year. I'm gonna change that by calling up some hookers!"

Yes but roof and Al didn't have the proven track record Mr Woody does. Been watching some of the games Woody coached against Clemson, Ga, and Tn. The guy can flat out coach! Love how quick the defense flows to the ball, especially late in game when game was on the line. In the Tn game was a great example how his defense swarms and the Vols were lucky to win in OT. Never was impressed with Roof or Al.

Yes but roof and Al didn't have the proven track record Mr Woody does. Been watching some of the games Woody coached against Clemson, Ga, and Tn. The guy can flat out coach! Love how quick the defense flows to the ball, especially late in game when game was on the line. In the Tn game was a great example how his defense swarms and the Vols were lucky to win in OT. Never was impressed with Roof or Al.

anybody who has been around PJ, away from prying eyes and ears, knows he really, really enjoys beating Georgia. 3-2 at their place is a helluva lot better than a lot of SEC coaches. Now, we need to fix that home record against the Mutts and the sooner the better, starting with '19. PJ does not like losing and before someone says well he should be used to it here with as much of it as he's done, we have been to 3 ACCCGs and 2 Orange Bowls, not bad compared to the bulk of the 45 years before he got here.
He likes coaching at Tech. He likes the kind of student athletes he has to get to play at Tech. He'd be uncomfortable at a factory school because he'd be waiting for the phone to ring from either the cops or the lawyer half the time. He likes having guys he doesn't have to worry about once practice and study hall is over.

Back