Paul Johnson to Ravens mini-camp

johncu

Dodd-Like
I may actually watch some Ravens games this year. Jackson is fun to watch already, but if they run some legit option they could be really interesting.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Glad to see PJ staying involved in football, and I think it's a smart move on the Ravens' part. That said, I think Jackson is going to have a really short shelf-life as an NFL QB. I'd be very surprised if he ends his career with 100+ starts.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
Glad to see PJ staying involved in football, and I think it's a smart move on the Ravens' part. That said, I think Jackson is going to have a really short shelf-life as an NFL QB. I'd be very surprised if he ends his career with 100+ starts.
They could sign JT as a backup for a sack of footballs. What's JT's shelf life in an NFL game? About 30 minutes?

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
Just watch all of pro and college football change over to the triple and CGC offense is deemed a "high school" offense
more high schools are running the shotgun spread/no huddle than are running any kind of option attack right now, and have been for a while, at least the ones I've seen.

swampsting

Now with incredulous facial expression
One day in his office, 20 years ago, Paul told me he thought his offense could work in the NFL. I said, "you're f----- nuts." He said, nope, it can.
Maybe we'll get to see if he was right. ...

texstinger

Dodd-Like
One day in his office, 20 years ago, Paul told me he thought his offense could work in the NFL. I said, "you're f----- nuts." He said, nope, it can.
I could play in the NFL - until the whistle blows to start the game.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Doubt we'll see anything that closely resembles the flexbone. I could see Paul being helpful in terms of technique and incorporating more misdirection, pre-snap motion, etc. He's a great offensive mind, and given Jackson's particular skill set, it's worth picking his brain over how he would attack particular defenses.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
The Ravens are not running the TO; however I am sure that PJ could offer some thoughts about decisions keying off a safety, DE or Lb.

txsting

Elite level sh*tposting
The Ravens are not running the TO; however I am sure that PJ could offer some thoughts about decisions keying off a safety, DE or Lb.
What? Who would need Paul Johnson for that? There is one reason to bring PJ in....to consult about installing the veer play. Doesn't mean they will do it.