Paul Johnson....

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a "tech man" you say some stupid ---- and are a big -----. Name some coaches that will start recruiting stud talent to GT? Huh? I'm waiting... It's not going to happen, this will always be an uphill battle. CPJ has had to coach 5 years w/o a defense(minus his 1st year)

Chan Gailey recruited quite a few linebackers and defensive linemen who play on Sundays now. I'd imagine there are quite a few coaches who could recruit as well as Gailey. I would think that someone who could recruit at Louisiana Tech or some other school that doesn't get a shot at tier 1 talent could do it at a BCS school.

Haha. Tech is, what, 4-17 over the last 21? Ya, that's competing.

You also were able to beat them with players we can't even invite to campus during recruiting now.

This is true. We admitted kids during nate's years we would not be able to today. This is the first difference people need to understand

Thank clough.

Yeah sorry bud, you don't know what you're talking about. Out manned? Sure. CPJ's fault? Hardly. Wake up and figure out what is going on in the state. I am tired of the people who only post when things are going wrong and offer no valuable insight.

How is it not his fault? You don't know what you're talking about.

Chan Gailey recruited quite a few linebackers and defensive linemen who play on Sundays now. I'd imagine there are quite a few coaches who could recruit as well as Gailey. I would think that someone who could recruit at Louisiana Tech or some other school that doesn't get a shot at tier 1 talent could do it at a BCS school.

So what he still never beat Uga and was incompetitive a few times too. Point is the gap to close is beyond what chan recruited too. And that is purely helped with admissions. I will not donate or spend another dollar at tech until its fixed. People need to get on board to send a message.

Funny hearing all of you in the "know" talk about the requirements at GT

I'm friends with the former director of high school recruiting at Gt under oleary gailey and one year with Paul Johnson.

He pretty much told me what the deal was in 98 and what the deal was in 2008 and what y'all think isn't true but its a good excuse for you to hang your hat on and point to

This is true. We admitted kids during nate's years we would not be able to today. This is the first difference people need to understand

Thank clough.

We tightened up because they were flunking out. Gailey managed a class in 2007 under the same restrictions that is miles above anything CPJ has done.

We tightened up because they were flunking out. Gailey managed a class in 2007 under the same restrictions that is miles above anything CPJ has done.

Which was 1 class in 7 years? Yeah... pro recruiter... His follow-up class was a -----sandwich before he was let go.

Which had triple the number of academic exceptions Johnson is allowed to get.

So what he still never beat Uga and was incompetitive a few times too. Point is the gap to close is beyond what chan recruited too. And that is purely helped with admissions. I will not donate or spend another dollar at tech until its fixed. People need to get on board to send a message.

Admissions aren't going to change. Once he had time to establish a recruiting base, it improved, something that hasn't happend with Johnson. Our defense wasn't getting curb stomped five years in either and that was with the same restrictions. There are coaches out there who could field a competitively talented team and not play Reggie Ball.

I'm friends with the former director of high school recruiting at Gt under oleary gailey and one year with Paul Johnson.

He pretty much told me what the deal was in 98 and what the deal was in 2008 and what y'all think isn't true but its a good excuse for you to hang your hat on and point to

Care to explain/define this a bit more?

Man I learn things here that the director of high school recruiting didn't know....

OK, so enlighten us then. Let's hear it.

One class that was as much a perfect storm as anything is not a representation of sustaining.

And the failing out was multiple sports and largely a AA support structure issue than football only or our admin standards. You don't know all the facts or are forgetting track people failed out and other sports. The AA support structure failed twice and also allowed SAs that we intelligible to play as well. All were fired. It was AN EXCUSE the office of the president used to clamp down on admissions. I know. I was around on a board there and was po'd. Get the facts first before saying it was due to fail outs. It wasn't. It was due to support and oversight and that was an excuse.

Which had triple the number of academic exceptions Johnson is allowed to get.

No he did not have triple the exceptions. The restrictions changed after flunkgate and the Hill learned their lesson about letting people in who weren't going to cut it.

Admissions aren't going to change. Once he had time to establish a recruiting base, it improved, something that hasn't happend with Johnson. Our defense wasn't getting curb stomped five years in either and that was with the same restrictions. There are coaches out there who could field a competitively talented team and not play Reggie Ball.

We almost hired Edsall. Would everybody here be happier if we had gone that route?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back