Paul Johnson....

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I say is the coaches that used to be here were much Better recruiters and more "creative" at knowing how to work the Hill and get kids into school

That's a fact folks

OK, so enlighten us then. Let's hear it.

I'd love to hear this because I know for a fact from the AD himself the admissions policy changed in a board meeting he said it directly to us. The gap sat requirements went up and exceptions went to 1 or 2 at the most

In the late nineties George had as much as 10 in one class.

For a "tech man" you say some stupid ---- and are a big -----. Name some coaches that will start recruiting stud talent to GT? Huh? I'm waiting... It's not going to happen, this will always be an uphill battle. CPJ has had to coach 5 years w/o a defense(minus his 1st year)

I hope that this isn't directed at me? But I will put my two cents in the pot. Ken Whisenhunt for one. Hell I would take George Godsey right now and start over.

It's funny how everyone keeps blaming the defense but when we play top caliber teams they shut our offense down. Explain that?

Nice come back. Ever try actually refuting a point instead of just looking like an idiot?

Your point...everyone except the head coach is to blame.

My point...that is asinine. Nothing more needs to be said.

One class that was as much a perfect storm as anything is not a representation of sustaining.

And the failing out was multiple sports and largely a AA support structure issue than football only or our admin standards. You don't know all the facts or are forgetting track people failed out and other sports. The AA support structure failed twice and also allowed SAs that we intelligible to play as well. All were fired. It was AN EXCUSE the office of the president used to clamp down on admissions. I know. I was around on a board there and was po'd. Get the facts first before saying it was due to fail outs. It wasn't. It was due to support and oversight and that was an excuse.

Regardless of whether the support and infrastructure was the problem or the athletes, it wasn't working. Is the support and infrastructure so much better now that more exceptions would be warranted? That's not an excuse, it's a reality.

I know other athletes flunked also, but it was most prominent in football where there were many exceptions. You are also making a good argument for a new head coach who could negotiate more exceptions before signing a contract. It's too late for CPJ.

All I know is what I've been told by multiple coaches that have been at GT over the last 14 years. Heck one of them was my roommate for 4 years.... I'm not going to argue with you. You were on a board, great. Maybe you know more than me. It doesn't matter what we know, we suck now so who is going to do something about it

I hope that this isn't directed at me? But I will put my two cents in the pot. Ken Whisenhunt for one. Hell I would take George Godsey right now and start over.

It's funny how everyone keeps blaming the defense but when we play top caliber teams they shut our offense down. Explain that?

Offense isn't exempt from examination but I don't think anyone looking at our year wouldn't focus on the D as the bigger / major issue. Even today if you look at the yards we are actually not bad. Points suck so I guess you can take that either way.

IMHO if you do "fix" the D to just a reasonable standard we have a competitive team. Not national championship or even top 10 but probably as good as we can get short of changing admission standards

Do you have any insight as to whether ken would be interested?

I'd love to hear this because I know for a fact from the AD himself the admissions policy changed in a board meeting he said it directly to us. The gap sat requirements went up and exceptions went to 1 or 2 at the most

In the late nineties George had as much as 10 in one class.

So, uh, could we get 10 exceptions again? The Management program could not have gotten that much more difficult.

Whisenhunt would be a good get this year and Godsey would be a good get in 5 years.

So, uh, could we get 10 exceptions again? The Management program could not have gotten that much more difficult.

The logic from the Hill is that the MGT program is harder and the penalties for failing out are bigger - both NCAA and public relations. FWIW I am not sure I agree with them entirely but that is the logic

I've had family friend's kids offered to Tech to be in joint Tech/GSU programs. Not sure why that hasn't become a bigger part of recruiting - or maybe it was done away with.

Ok dumbass ill answer your question. I read this board every single day. I post very seldom. Just because my last post was after BYU doesn't mean a ---- thing. So shut the fu** up!!!

Yeah it does. It means that you can't enjoy GT winning. I don't care what you think of our coach, but if you can't enjoy GT winning, gtho. Most of us are pissed about today, and you come on here to gloat?! "Fans" like you are the worst possible kind of fans, imo. "Fans" like you should just move on and root for the dwags. Nobody's satisfied. Nobody's happy. But only a dwag or a dwag wannabe would come on a GT board and piss on GT today of all days.

Yeah it does. It means that you can't enjoy GT winning. I don't care what you think of our coach, but if you can't enjoy GT winning, gtho. Most of us are pissed about today, and you come on here to gloat?! "Fans" like you are the worst possible kind of fans, imo. "Fans" like you should just move on and root for the dwags. Nobody's satisfied. Nobody's happy. But only a dwag or a dwag wannabe would come on a GT board and piss on GT today of all days.

That's a pretty stupid statement since you have no idea who you're talking about.

All I say is the coaches that used to be here were much Better recruiters and more "creative" at knowing how to work the Hill and get kids into school

That's a fact folks

This is the truth. PJ's arrogance towards recruiting has placed us in our present situation of talent deficit and pisses me off.

This is the truth. PJ's arrogance towards recruiting has placed us in our present situation of talent deficit and pisses me off.

Can you explain this one. I understand when people say PJ is arrogant in inteviews or on a personal level; but how is he arrogant in recruiting?

To be honest, both the Fridge's have been saying the same things for a couple of years now. And I can guarantee that they know football better than you do.

Yea, CPJ needs to ease up on his restrictions. Even good kids like a little freedom to explore their options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back