Paul Johnson....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain this one. I understand when people say PJ is arrogant in inteviews or on a personal level; but how is he arrogant in recruiting?

The concept is that PJ believes his offensive system is so good he can move the ball and score without the need to recruit top D1 offensive players. The con has been that he did his best with NFL playmakers at BB and WR. I also note he has changed his OL recruiting to a much bigger recruit that would play elsewhere as opposed to the smaller quicker OL he started with.

Whatever you think about the O though, he hasn't said or infered anything similar for the defensive side. We need wardaddies up front and haven't been able to get them.

Net net IMHO he is somewhat correct about his O but he also gets "credit" for the D and either needs to step up recruiting on the D side or fight a lot harder for the exceptions to allow him to compete on that side of the ball.

Should we start oversigning and processing? We get no benefit from not doing it. Play the recruiting game all the way.

I'm heavily critical of Mark Fox for not "playing the game" in AAU bball recruiting and it's leading almost directly to his downfall.

Could there be a parallel with GT fball recruiting?

This is the truth. PJ's arrogance towards recruiting has placed us in our present situation of talent deficit and pisses me off.
:biggthumpup: yes this!! He is so arrogant that he thinks his system is better than 4 or 5 star recruits. I'm so tired of his arrogant ways.

Is it realistic for GT to buyout CPJ + pay for a legitimate coach to come here (and likely revamp entire program)?
:furious::furious::furious:
CPJ buyout:
[2012] $10.2 mil
[2013] $7.7 mil
[2014] $5.2 mil
[2015] $2.4 mil

NO.

Can you explain this one. I understand when people say PJ is arrogant in inteviews or on a personal level; but how is he arrogant in recruiting?
One example is when he tells a commit if you visit another school, for whatever reason, his offer is retracted. Even when he tries to poach himself.
And when he says recruit ratings don't matter. That is pure BS to justify his poor recruiting results.

The concept is that PJ believes his offensive system is so good he can move the ball and score without the need to recruit top D1 offensive players.

Do you actually look at the offensive players that we offer scholarships to or are you just looking at the kids that accept our offer and assume these are the only kids we are recruiting on offense?

The concept is that PJ believes his offensive system is so good he can move the ball and score without the need to recruit top D1 offensive players. The con has been that he did his best with NFL playmakers at BB and WR. I also note he has changed his OL recruiting to a much bigger recruit that would play elsewhere as opposed to the smaller quicker OL he started with.

Whatever you think about the O though, he hasn't said or infered anything similar for the defensive side. We need wardaddies up front and haven't been able to get them.

Net net IMHO he is somewhat correct about his O but he also gets "credit" for the D and either needs to step up recruiting on the D side or fight a lot harder for the exceptions to allow him to compete on that side of the ball.

:biggthumpup: yes this!! He is so arrogant that he thinks his system is better than 4 or 5 star recruits. I'm so tired of his arrogant ways.

So you guys think he purposely avoids all the 4-5 star players that want to come to GT??

You guys chill out. PJ will right his mess. He has another white RB committed who no one was recruiting, he will resurrect the program with FCS players.

One example is when he tells a commit if you visit another school, for whatever reason, his offer is retracted. Even when he tries to poach himself.
And when he says recruit ratings don't matter. That is pure BS to justify his poor recruiting results.

Dabo has the exact same policy. How's his recruiting?

I'm not anti-cpj
But I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the glaring issues that are at hand

Is it realistic for GT to buyout CPJ + pay for a legitimate coach to come here (and likely revamp entire program)?
:furious::furious::furious:
CPJ buyout:
[2012] $10.2 mil
[2013] $7.7 mil
[2014] $5.2 mil
[2015] $2.4 mil

NO.
This right here.
And today was a kick in the nuts, but went about as I expected. Pretty good offense plus horrible defense and dumpster fire special teams won't win many games. Putting that on the field against a top 5 Uga and you get today's result.
I'm a big PJ supporter, but we must get to average on defense and ST to be a 9+ win team.
Next year is huge not only for PJ, but for the next 5 years for the football program.

golly. if only we could get CPJ to stop ignoring those 4* and 5* players. I know he wants a good challenge, but lets at least get some 3* guys.

golly. if only we could get CPJ to stop ignoring those 4* and 5* players. I know he wants a good challenge, but lets at least get some 3* guys.
For real. They were all beating down the door before PJ got here! Look at 2007! Our one top 25 class since flunk gate. That proves we can recruit like that every year. PJ is just arrogant and denies these 5 stars to sign white 2 star RB. What a prick

My opinion is Johnson is the major reason, but it is tough to battle the hill as well. We have competed previously with many of the same standards. I just believe our recruiting is extremely poor at this juncture.

John, curious to get your take on how GT could improve recruiting as I believe (and I think you do to) it is very apparent we have significantly less talent than UGA?

How would you sell GT to a top recruit that UGA also wanted?

I think you would provide an excellent having been recruiting by both UGA and GT and been on both winning/losing side of game.

I'm not anti-cpj
But I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the glaring issues that are at hand

I hear you. I'm watching Auburn get rolled by Alabama right now. Auburn also got rolled by UGA at least as bad as us. Is it for similar reasons, or totally different reasons? National Champions 2 years ago, same coach, no recruiting restrictions I can think of, go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back