Paul Johnson....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defense has not played physical since 2009. The defense has declined every year since CPJ came on board. The players are not being coached up at all.

Our recruiters on staff are not good, yes, but how could you expect highly touted players to choose GT over any SEC team in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida or Alabama? In addition, why would an athlete with NFL hopes want to subject himself to the rigors of GT academics when he could glide through at any SEC school? Why would any 4 or 5 star come to the ACC to a team running a unique offense not geared for NFL play or a defense that has been steadily getting worse each year? Blame all you want on CPJ and company, but the problem with GT football goes way beyond coaching and players.....it's ACC and tough academics......

Nailed it right there. More true in this society than ever before.

Our defense has not played physical since 2009. The defense has declined every year since CPJ came on board. The players are not being coached up at all.

Our recruiters on staff are not good, yes, but how could you expect highly touted players to choose GT over any SEC team in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida or Alabama? In addition, why would an athlete with NFL hopes want to subject himself to the rigors of GT academics when he could glide through at any SEC school? Why would any 4 or 5 star come to the ACC to a team running an unique offense not geared for NFL play or a defense that has been steadily getting worse each year? Blame all you want on CPJ and company, but the problem with GT football goes way beyond coaching and players.....it's ACC and tough academics......

From an offensive perspective, ok I understand, but there is no excuse for not getting physically gifted and talented players on defense.

John, curious to get your take on how GT could improve recruiting as I believe (and I think you do to) it is very apparent we have significantly less talent than UGA?

How would you sell GT to a top recruit that UGA also wanted?

I think you would provide an excellent having been recruiting by both UGA and GT and been on both winning/losing side of game.

That's Jeff.

From an offensive perspective, ok I understand, but there is no excuse for not getting physically gifted and talented players on defense.

Same difficulty getting big nasties to want the rigors of GT.

And, trust me, true or not, they hear this from opposing coaches, "you wanna get cut blocked all spring and fall? It could end your chance for the NFL. By the way, here is a calculus book. Do you want to take this?"

Agreed. I also think it's safe to say that there hasn't been any stability on the defensive coaching staff since CPJ came on board. Wommack here and gone....he was CPJs second choice, BTW. Groh here and gone. Giff was the great recruiter and a great player developer. I would imagine as a player it would be frustrating to have to deal with a new coach and scheme.

georgie's defense plays mean and fast. This is a good thing. Not a play happens that less than 3 guys are pounding the ball carrier. It would be awesome to see one of our guys pick up a player and throw him down. It's not dirty....it's football! Our guys stay in their lanes or miss the assignment all together and then do a lot of arm tackling and watching their teammates try to make a play. It's ridiculous. Gurley was untouched for most of his runs....untouched!

Your point...everyone except the head coach is to blame.

My point...that is asinine. Nothing more needs to be said.

Actually... your point: head coach needs to be fired!

My point: That won't solve our problems. Nothing more needs to be said.

Actually... your point: head coach needs to be fired!

My point: That won't solve our problems. Nothing more needs to be said.

The head coach needs to be fired, not the OC. His handling of Defense and Special Teams has been horrible. And yes, recruits parents see him being pissy in news conferences. There are teams out there with much less talent that are performing much better. Your point is arbitrary and ignores what can be done. Do you not think that we have better talent than Duke, Georgia Southern, UL-Monroe, MTSU, etc. The talent isn't be coached up.

Agreed. I also think it's safe to say that there hasn't been any stability on the defensive coaching staff since CPJ came on board. Wommack here and gone....he was CPJs second choice, BTW. Groh here and gone. Giff was the great recruiter and a great player developer. I would imagine as a player it would be frustrating to have to deal with a new coach and scheme.

georgie's defense plays mean and fast. This is a good thing. Not a play happens that less than 3 guys are pounding the ball carrier. It would be awesome to see one of our guys pick up a player and throw him down. It's not dirty....it's football! Our guys stay in their lanes or miss the assignment all together and then do a lot of arm tackling and watching their teammates try to make a play. It's ridiculous. Gurley was untouched for most of his runs....untouched!

We are too classy to play football that way

The head coach needs to be fired, not the OC. His handling of Defense and Special Teams has been horrible. And yes, recruits parents see him being pissy in news conferences. There are teams out there with much less talent that are performing much better. Your point is arbitrary and ignores what can be done. Do you not think that we have better talent than Duke, Georgia Southern, UL-Monroe, MTSU, etc. The talent isn't be coached up.

Hindsight is 20/20. He addressed those issues just hasn't worked out as we expected

Complete sarcasm! Too many folks on here that want their cake and eat it too

Whew....you scared me!

I really dislike Grantham...he is an a**hole but he gets those guys to play like they want to kill someone. I feel bad for our guys...they don't have that killer instinct and they haven't had a coach who incites it in them. Tenuta is the last GT coach that knew how to do it.

He's your brother, right?

I'm pissed that we lost, but I don't care who you are. They could be Calvin friggen Johnson, but if the only time they come on a GT fan board and post comments is after a GT loss to piss on our program, then they can hear me tell them that I think they stink as fans and as human beings.

LOL you're calling out a member of GT's Football Hall of Fame and a man who anchored the GT offensive line and the offensive line for Buffalo in God-knows-how-many Super Bowls? Also his brother? :rotfl:

FWIW, I've seen John at many GT home and away games. He cheers for Tech AND he attends the games. More than I can about say about you.

You can curse all you want, that's what dwags do, but where were you rejoicing with our wins?!! Where was the post that said something like, "I may not think our OL coach is very good but our OL had a good game against Md which has played some decent D this year." Where was the post like, "I may not like CPJ, but he got our guys to shake off the bad start and beat the teams we were expected to beat in Md, UNC, and Duke." Maybe you could have posted something like, "Well, I still hope we go in a new direction as far as coaching is concerned, but I'm glad our bowl streak was kept alive and our kids get to play in the postseason." Hell, it's hate week, maybe you could've come on once during hate week, put aside your hate for GT's coach, and posted, "To Hell with Georgia!" You didn't do any of that. Why? Because you're a crap fan, imo.

Face it. You let your feelings about our coach keep you from celebrating our wins. Well, the truth may hurt, but you need to face the facts. You are who your posting history says you are. Cursing me isn't going to change that fact.

Ok, ---- for brains....what wins this year are we supposed to beat our chests about? Maybe people don't post after wins because all knowing stingtalkers think we aren't going to get blown out the next time we play a real time and get pissy when the obvious is said.

You can curse all you want, that's what dwags do, but where were you rejoicing with our wins?!! Where was the post that said something like, "I may not think our OL coach is very good but our OL had a good game against Md which has played some decent D this year." Where was the post like, "I may not like CPJ, but he got our guys to shake off the bad start and beat the teams we were expected to beat in Md, UNC, and Duke." Maybe you could have posted something like, "Well, I still hope we go in a new direction as far as coaching is concerned, but I'm glad our bowl streak was kept alive and our kids get to play in the postseason." Hell, it's hate week, maybe you could've come on once during hate week, put aside your hate for GT's coach, and posted, "To Hell with Georgia!" You didn't do any of that. Why? Because you're a crap fan, imo.

Face it. You let your feelings about our coach keep you from celebrating our wins. Well, the truth may hurt, but you need to face the facts. You are who your posting history says you are. Cursing me isn't going to change that fact.

Chicago, IL, huh? That explains a lot. The only thing that comes from Chicago are morons. You're in amazing company, BTW.

Chicago, IL, huh? That explains a lot. The only thing that comes from Chicago are morons. You're in amazing company, BTW.

Are you drunk? wtf does anyone's location have to do with anything?

Paul Johnson will turn it around next year. Vad Lee will have experience and the D will be better, once they have a leader.

Beat Free Shoes, and the Red Birds!

WOW. Former players come on here and have an opinion. Folks who have never suited up for TECH react violently. Sad.

Tech is not good. Look at the size of the tailbacks for UGA. O Smith and prob S Days are similar. No one else. D Line is terribad. Secondary having to cover faster players way too long. Kicking game sucks. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Recruiting needs MAJOR improvement. Attitude needs major improvement.

I haven't even watched the game and probadly won't. I worked Friday nite and slept all day. Figured there was no reason to wake up and be pissed off at ööööty line play sorry tackling and all around beat down.

So to anyone who thinks things are gonna look better next year. Well all I can say is it will take a freakin miracle. Heres hoping some school somewhere wants to run the TO really bad.

I would be happy with G Godsey for a coach. He gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back