per AJC: significant announcement for GT football

Does Clemson stand to gain anything from this?

I don't think I fully understand what you're implying. Do you mean "Will they be named 2009 ACC Champions?" or something, because I'm almost certain they don't do it that way.

everyone skates free here!
Free_Skates.jpg

I don't think I fully understand what you're implying. Do you mean "Will they be named 2009 ACC Champions?" something, because I'm almost certain they don't do it that way.

Yes, that's what I want to make sure of!

I agree with you. NCAA can go screw themselves.

Also this has been great month for my sports teams. First they blame my soccer team for match-fixing and try to get us to vacate last year's championship. And now this with Tech.

WHAT DID I DO GOD???

I lost the hockey team I absolutely adored last month and now this..

If we get nailed for shirts and wristwatches, while OSU skates for buying their players cars, I will have to break something tasteful.

And the entire program lied about knowing about it. This is all about nothing.:fingersx:

Yes, that's what I want to make sure of!

I could be wrong, but I'm almost certain that even in cases where a school has been forced to vacate championships, the conference still shows them as champions from that year in programs, media guides, etc.

err Id have to look at some of my media guides but if they do there would be a notation next to it

I wonder if the pocket calendar I picked up at the bookstore with pictures of the ACC Championship trophy will be worth anything if we have to vacate it?

Trying to think positive during this...

Does Clemson stand to gain anything from this?

Depends on whether we are forced to vacate or forfeit wins.

If we are forced to vacate wins, Clemson's record will be untouched. GT's record will have to show that we had one less win (if we're only talking about the ACC championship game).

If we are to forfeit, Clemson will get that win. We'll get a loss.

This thread will have 1000 posts in it by the time I get back to it. I envy those of you who can follow it.

Since we are now a repeat offender it sounds like we are going to get hammered pretty hard.

if we're cheating we suck at it

Well, if the rumors are true... we did win the ACC Championship by cheating.

Could explain why we had a good season and ööööty season after.

Back