per AJC: significant announcement for GT football

Sounds like another pile of bullshit from the NCAA. A watch and a shirt? What the öööö? If that's considered a major violation in an already bullshit probation period, I will go ahead and jump off the Bank of America tower.

I agree that the "improper benefits" for two players seems to be too little for making it an all-day thing. Why not announce at 10am like originally planned?

Ohio State wasn't vacating anything back in December when it was discovered that players got benefits but school didn't know. Wasn't the only punishment 5-game-suspension for the players? If GT didn't know of these benefits, we shouldn't have to vacate anything.

Same here. As a student who attended all but two games in 2009, this really hurts. Assuming this plays out as expected, I'm going to be a lot less excited for football season.

I agree with the first half of this, but not the last part. This whole ordeal has made me feel somehow numb and mentally dead. It's the fact that I disagree with your last thought that makes me wonder if there's something wrong with me. And I say that because, if we were to be given the death penalty for this shirt and watch issue (seems like the next logical step after what they did to us in 2005) and we didn't win another game in the next five seasons, I'd still be head over heels in love with the team and absurdly excited for that next season.

I love sports and I adore Atlanta sports teams. I don't look at Georgia Tech football as a sports team. It is some other entity which has consumed me and my life and I hope that it never, ever lets me go.

Question for those familiar with the NCAA:

What is worse in the NCAA's eyes? Rape or talking with an agent? I know a guy from UGA who was wondering ... just asking for him.

What does the second part of this title mean?

NCAA will announce GT findings at 3 p.m.; Cooperation an issue

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-s...ficant-announcement-expected-at-georgia-tech/

"The alleged violations occurred within the football program within the past several years. The NCAA considers the alleged violations, which included improper benefits, minor. However, Tech allegedly didn’t cooperate with the investigators as enthusiastically as the NCAA would have liked."

Ohio State wasn't vacating anything back in December when it was discovered that players got benefits but school didn't know. Wasn't the only punishment 5-game-suspension for the players? If GT didn't know of these benefits, we shouldn't have to vacate anything.

Good point. What's stupid about all that is I bet the sugar bowl committee somehow convinced NCAA to punish the players after the bowl game. Totally retarded. :facepalm:

The alleged violations occurred within the football program within the past several years. The NCAA considers the alleged violations, which included improper benefits, minor. However, Tech allegedly didn’t cooperate with the investigators as enthusiastically as the NCAA would have liked.

They said, "jump" and we didn't say, "how high?" öööö them!

I agree with the first half of this, but not the last part. This whole ordeal has made me feel somehow numb and mentally dead. It's the fact that I disagree with your last thought that makes me wonder if there's something wrong with me. And I say that because, if we were to be given the death penalty for this shirt and watch issue (seems like the next logical step after what they did to us in 2005) and we didn't win another game in the next five seasons, I'd still be head over heels in love with the team and absurdly excited for that next season.

I love sports and I adore Atlanta sports teams. I don't look at Georgia Tech football as a sports team. It is some other entity which has consumed me and my life and I hope that it never, ever lets me go.

If we get ridiculous penalties over a shirt and a watch, I am going to buy an extra set of season tickets tomorrow (the cheap ones though).

God Dammit, I go out to get a haircut and I come back to this öööö. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Question for those familiar with the NCAA:

What is worse in the NCAA's eyes? Rape or talking with an agent? I know a guy from UGA who was wondering ... just asking for him.
Talking to an agent. Rape is a matter for the criminal justice system, not the NCAA.

"The alleged violations occurred within the football program within the past several years. The NCAA considers the alleged violations, which included improper benefits, minor. However, Tech allegedly didn’t cooperate with the investigators as enthusiastically as the NCAA would have liked."
Goddamit DRAD. If you'd just thrown in those jazz hands we wouldn't have this problem.

God Dammit, I go out to get a haircut and I come back to this öööö. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

well how do you like your hair cut?

I hear at great clips they are giving away race tickets...

diseq has been a victim of bad hair cuts--hes a good guy though

Back