Per ESPN Richt has been fired

All true but large numbers of recruits in this state mostly grow up being a Georgia fan or hating them. For the most part, UT has to recruit players from other states where ugag has to try to keep them in state. One large difference between UT and UGA.

Flipside is that nobody goes to Tennessee to recruit, so they pull those by default and the state of Georgia gets raided by UT, Auburn, Bama, USCe, UF, Clemson, and FSU. And Georgia Tech.

Think about that for a second.

Every school I just listed, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE, has won a national championship more recently than the Dwags. Including us.

Next time I'll remember to wear GOLD!

..I just want to participate in this conversation but the AA has never really been clear on which issues are relevant or pressing, so someone tell me if I'm close here.

Flipside is that nobody goes to Tennessee to recruit, so they pull those by default and the state of Georgia gets raided by UT, Auburn, Bama, USCe, UF, Clemson, and FSU. And Georgia Tech.

Every school I just listed, and I mean EVERY SINGLE ONE, has won a national championship more recently than the Dwags. Including us.

Well, with the exception of USCe. I don't think they have.

But otherwise your point is very valid.

Oh yeah, you're right.

Other than USCe, Vanderbilt, and the NC schools, every single P5 school within or bordering the state of Georgia has won a NC more recently than UGA has. Including us.

UGA simply isn't the destination that people seem to think it is. Their only real draw has been that of late, meaning in the Richt Era, they've been automatic 9 wins and really good in-state. And the UGA boosters just decided that the one thing they did have going for them wasn't good enough.

Remind me again please Goff's record against GT. Donnan was a flop as well but also coached against one of the better coaches GT has had.....statistically.

GOL was only better statistically because UGA had Donnon.

If CPJ was coaching against Donnon every year since 2008, we would very legitimately run this state. We'd be 6-2, and our recruiting would reflect that. Our greatest recruiting detriment, honestly, is the in-state versus record.

In terms purely of the future of GT's program, UGA firing Richt is probably as valuable to us as 3 more wins this year. Maybe as many as five.

This isn't a Fulmer firing. The great pumpkin had some down years. It isn't even a Fridge firing, as he also had some down years.

Both UGa and Miami just fired coaches who were winning. The best example I can think of is Welsh (Welch?) at UVa and Gailey. With any luck, UGa will hire a Groh and then a London.

They can't hire Pertrino, although he would fit thier mold. They should hire a prostyle guru, but they won't. I don't think the go Rich Rod, although he would do well in the SEC.

Hopefully they promote their DC, who will then tick off every HS coach in Ga, killing their recruiting base.

Screw Uga

Clearly they haven't had the right HC in the years starting from 1981. The four HC's since 1981 haven't won a championship. The fifth HC will definitely get them to the promised land.

My best guess there are so many schools diluting Georgia recruits compared to P5 schools in Florida or California.

Someone on the radio likened the Richt firing to being married to a pretty hot girl but always looking at your friends' super model girlfriends and then divorcing your wife because of it. I say that's a pretty accurate description.

Simply not true. Look for recruits from the Memphis area at the SECW schools.

Honest question: How many schools have fired a successful coach and saw an immediate improvement with the next guy? Hell, how many have even maintained the status quo?

Someone on the radio likened the Richt firing to being married to a pretty hot girl but always looking at your friends' super model girlfriends and then divorcing your wife because of it. I say that's a pretty accurate description.

That is pretty accurate. But when you realize that the "dude" in that scenario has $80 million in the bank, you also realize that he has a valid shot landing that super model.

We can only hope that she doesn't like his breath...for our sake!

Honest question: How many schools have fired a successful coach and saw an immediate improvement with the next guy? Hell, how many have even maintained the status quo?

Florida State and Ohio State are two that come to mind right off the bat.

GOL was only better statistically because UGA had Donnon.

If CPJ was coaching against Donnon every year since 2008, we would very legitimately run this state. We'd be 6-2, and our recruiting would reflect that. Our greatest recruiting detriment, honestly, is the in-state versus record.

Considering I called donnan a flop I feel this is a weak arguement. Goff and Donnan got fired because they sucked. Putting their records together against us shows even when UGA sucks we typically are worse. I pull against ugag in every game but the only one I really care about we usually lose, even when we have the better team or a better coach.

Define "successful" ... 7-5? If so, we count.

Florida State and Ohio State are two that come to mind right off the bat.

FSU fired someone who had been a good coach in the past but stayed too long. Did Ohio State have anyone between Tressell and Meyer? Because if not, Tressell had to go for reasons other than what happened on field.

FSU fired someone who had been a good coach in the past but stayed too long. Did Ohio State have anyone between Tressell and Meyer? Because if not, Tressell had to go for reasons other than what happened on field.

FSU fired the coach with the 2nd most wins in all of college football history. I think you would have to argue that is pretty much the definition of a "successful" coach being fired and replaced by someone else.

I was wrong about Ohio State. I forgot that Fickel filled in as HC in 2011 for that one year when Tressel had to quit right before the season started.

Ohio State is a good example. FSU isn't.

I don't think either of those schools really had a choice though. UGA did, and chose to roll the dice.

This isn't a Fulmer firing. The great pumpkin had some down years. It isn't even a Fridge firing, as he also had some down years.

Both UGa and Miami just fired coaches who were winning. The best example I can think of is Welsh (Welch?) at UVa and Gailey. With any luck, UGa will hire a Groh and then a London.

Screw Uga

Golden really wasn't winning at Miami. He had 2 seasons where he won more than 6 games. 2. He may not have gone 3-9 but he certainly had down years. Yeah I dont even know why you were talking about gailey either.

Back