Performance Review - CPJ

Do you terminate CPJ's employment?

• Total voters
Gonna be a lot of bant folks. Isn't this topic verboten?

The only reason to keep him is that it's too expensive to fire his ass.

There are plenty of coaches out there who can get blasted by Puke and destroyed by the mutts for much less than $3 mill / year.

Give him a bigger budget and what he wants in terms of staff, but expect better results within 3 years.

Part of the deal needs to be Sewak and Roof gone.

Give him what he wants in terms of staff; but part of the deal is he must fire his staff. The sad thing about this idiocy is that two others liked it.

Maybe this AD (one of us) understands the issues the HC goes thru. So lets hope and pray that the AD and staff get it right, new DC and Special Teams coach. Most important you pay for quality coaches or pay on Saturday.

The last 4 years:
7 win / year avg
beat ugag every other year
2 bowl wins over decent teams
mediocre non-conf play
1 win & 1 close loss to a very good FSU
3-1 against VT
1-3 against a very good clemson
lost several games we should've won

CPJ, Candeto, and Owens will need to work together on getting the QB's ready. Marshall is a nice football player but never seemed to get any better. I feel he has a decent arm but no feel or touch. This will have to change and can be improved. If not I do hope they are open to giving the other guys more time.

There are plenty of coaches out there who can get blasted by Puke and destroyed by the mutts for much less than $3 mill / year.
As if that were a reason to hire another coach...? There’s no single line item in the AA budget that has a bigger impact on W/L than coaching salaries.

As if that were a reason to hire another coach...? There’s no single line item in the AA budget that has a bigger impact on W/L than coaching salaries.

I didn't say it was a reason to hire another coach. But it certainly mocks the belief that "This is the best we can do". We can find plenty of people to lose like this year, for cheaper. $600,000 per win (1 MILLION per win in 2015) means we're getting ripped off.

Back