Performance Review - CPJ

Do you terminate CPJ's employment?

• Total voters
We really should look at trying to schedule GSU and GSU every year. If we could get two home and one away playing at the one in Atlanta would basically be a home game. Plus I hear it's less likely to have a game cancelled due to hurricane especially when 5 of 6 games are in Atlanta.

I hate being one of those guys that says UCF would have kicked our ass. But I'm fairly certain UCF would have kicked our ass.

I hate being one of those guys that says UCF would have kicked our ass. But I'm fairly certain UCF would have kicked our ass.
But always playing ooc in Atlanta and in the state would be great for us. Alabama had 4 away games and a neutral site against FSU. Why can't we figure out how to make it happen? What is the point of playing UCF, Vandy, etc. We would be better to have more home games, super close away games, and easier games. I realize once every three year trip to Statesboro wouldn't be the greatest for some but it's a day trip.

But always playing ooc in Atlanta and in the state would be great for us. Alabama had 4 away games and a neutral site against FSU. Why can't we figure out how to make it happen? What is the point of playing UCF, Vandy, etc. We would be better to have more home games, super close away games, and easier games. I realize once every three year trip to Statesboro wouldn't be the greatest for some but it's a day trip.

I want at least one marqué matchup that brings us to spotlight and yeah playing state or southern would be nice.

Would you want to play against the option when the reward is minimal? We have been a losing team 2 out of the last 3 seasons. Why risk losing against a team with an unconventional offense when it will not even help you get into the playoffs?

Not so sure about that. Early in the season we were playing some good defensive football, and I don't know that they have a good enough defense to force us to pass.

I want at least one marqué matchup that brings us to spotlight and yeah playing state or southern would be nice.

And that would be UGA. And, some years add Notre Dame. With 8 conference games, UGA and sometimes Notre Dame, the schedule is hard enough. We can worry about adding more marquee matchups after we win 11 and miss the playoff due to strength of schedule. Until then, we need to be at least 3-1 in non-conference games.

And that would be UGA. And, some years add Notre Dame. With 8 conference games, UGA and sometimes Notre Dame, the schedule is hard enough. We can worry about adding more marquee matchups after we win 11 and miss the playoff due to strength of schedule. Until then, we need to be at least 3-1 in non-conference games.

I dont think Tennessee was a tough opponent. And had we won, we could have used the momentum and the national attention for winning more games and recruiting. I think games like that or playing in Ireland, or scheduling UCLA or something benefits the program more in the long run.

We get that with Georgia bro unfortunately, and Vandy, UCF, Mississippi isn't really one.

I'm not advocatinf playing Vandy, Ucf or ole Miss. But i think playing an on par OOC P5 that the fanbase can get excited about is vital. Nobody's getting excited for those teams. Schedule a Pac12 team or old SEC rival.

I'm not advocatinf playing Vandy, Ucf or ole Miss. But i think playing an on par OOC P5 that the fanbase can get excited about is vital. Nobody's getting excited for those teams. Schedule a Pac12 team or old SEC rival.
I think those games are fun and would like to see that as well but I think it would serve us better to have the extra home games and finish every year with an additional win for a while. Old SEC rivals are Auburn, Alabama, Tennessee, or South Carolina. Most years we lose those games unless we can build a little better teams. Playing Clemson, a Miami who seems will improve, and Georgia every year are good enough for strengtg of schedule. I chose Vandy and ole Miss because those are the ones coming up on out schedule I believe.

I dont think Tennessee was a tough opponent. And had we won, we could have used the momentum and the national attention for winning more games and recruiting. I think games like that or playing in Ireland, or scheduling UCLA or something benefits the program more in the long run.

I see your point and indeed I enjoyed the trip for the game and would have really enjoyed a win. My feeling is you have more to lose than to gain. Lose a game like that it can have a negative impact on your whole season. You can’t afford to be 2-2 in your non-conference games. Win the game and you still have a season of conference games and UGA to play. UT enjoyed their win but it did not carry over to success. We lost a heartbreaker and I thought it harmed our team’s psyche and caused us to sweat out trying to win six. For me, these games are great for TV and fun for fans. For players and coaches of team’s other than the highest echelon, they are better served by easy out of conference games.

Reactions: eg1
Back