#PITTvsGT Coach Collins Postgame Press Conference

Well, you might want to look into the details of that if true. Was he banned or did he just leave because the other board was toxic? Those details matter. If he left that was just his choice. If he was banned was he banned for a legitimate reason? I've been banned from two message boards for civil disagreements. One disagreement was with the guy that ran the cite and banned me after I told him I didn't wish to engage in debates with him anymore. The other I was banned because I told a mod I did not want to engage in debates or direct messages with him because I believed he was trying to bait me into a bogus ban. Both cites engaged in censorship of opinions primarily. Neither ban was a loss to me. If I get banned here similarly it won't be much of a loss either because that will just show this cite is just as flawed as those were. I do hope that won't be the case but time will tell. Cancel culture of opposing thought is mental cowardice and though I miss the banter with a few from both cites I don't miss the cites at all.
The only thing you have to worry about here is ticking off the wrong few. Lose them, you sneeze, you’re banned. While others have a very very long rope. It has more to do with egos.

In case you don't want to watch:
"Spent a lot of time in the locker room explaining why what happened happened"
Why did what happen happen? "Turnovers, points off of turnovers, not converting on 3rd down, not converting on 4th down, getting down 14-0 from the start" "3rd down disparity, red zone and turnovers...not a winning recipe"
"We've gotta be better"(x3)
"I've gotta be better"
"Wasn't our day" (x2)
On officiating: "I'll leave with them and the ACC however they handle that (make amends or whatever they do)...that's not for me to talk about or discuss"
"Give credit to Pittsburgh, they capitalized off our misfortunes"
"Hit the reset button and put the ball down and go to work"
"I love those guys in the locker room" (x3)
"I thought our guys fought, I thought our guys battled, just gotta overcome bad situations and bad circumstances and not put ourselves in those moving forward, but we can still be a really good football team"
"I believe in the leadership in this program and they'll make sure the focus is the right way when we go out to practice on Monday"
"Put this thing to bed and get ready for a good week of work and go on the road and play at a high level against another really good team"
The game plan was questionable at best, and no visible adjustments were made. Maybe there are excuses to be made surrounding health of the team, but the bottom line is that the team lost because the coaches didn’t put them in position to win. Jeff Sims had arguably the best passing performance we’ve seen from a Georgia Tech QB in 15 years, and the team got blown out anyways because of everything else that happened.

The only thing you have to worry about here is ticking off the wrong few. Lose them, you sneeze, you’re banned. While others have a very very long rope. It has more to do with egos.
My time here is probably limited then. I treat everyone the same and give snark back to any when perceived to have received same. So eventually I will tick off the wrong “few.”

I should join some other football fan forums to see if it’s a universal thing or particular to Tech fan forums.

What behavior? Care to be specific? Looking to engage Tech fans about Tech football. Same as I did at other sites before the pro staff gestapo couldn’t handle contrary opinions anymore. If you don’t like my posts ignore them and Godspeed to you as well.
I don't really care to speculate. But unless multiple sites are run by the same person then you have a pattern developing. At the rate you are going you will run out of Tech sites to continue said behavior. Even if you consider yourself right in the matter you will have to weigh the consequences of your idea of being "right"

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole"

I don't really care to speculate. But unless multiple sites are run by the same person then you have a pattern developing. At the rate you are going you will run out of Tech sites to continue said behavior. Even if you consider yourself right in the matter you will have to weigh the consequences of your idea of being "right"

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole"
Hmmm…which is it today? Or do you still wish to not speculate? Maybe speculation is a lot like assuming?

Hmmm…which is it today? Or do you still wish to not speculate? Maybe speculation is a lot like assuming?
Maybe it is, which is why I said I wasn't going to speculate :dunno: Your behavior on previous sites is a black box to me, and the result was getting banned. Only you know (or care) what's in the black box.

Maybe it is, which is why I said I wasn't going to speculate :dunno: Your behavior on previous sites is a black box to me, and the result was getting banned. Only you know (or care) what's in the black box.
You seem to care an awful lot. You seem to speculate a lot about the bans you seem to care a lot about even though you have no specific knowledge regarding any details. But carry on.

I listened to the press conference. CGC doesn’t like criticizing his players. But the reason we lost to Pitt wasn’t just turnovers. It was the trenches—- poor OL play leads to turnovers and lack of scoring in the red zone.
Similarly our D line was dominated. It does t take a rocket scientist to figure that out. You blitz as much as it takes to create pressure and rely on man to man coverage.

if your OL isn’t getting the job done you have to use the RBs and TE to help pass protect and block inside the red-zone. Neither are ideal. But you have to neutralize the trenches.

1633582272303.gif

Well, you might want to look into the details of that if true. Was he banned or did he just leave because the other board was toxic? Those details matter. If he left that was just his choice. If he was banned was he banned for a legitimate reason? I've been banned from two message boards for civil disagreements. One disagreement was with the guy that ran the cite and banned me after I told him I didn't wish to engage in debates with him anymore. The other I was banned because I told a mod I did not want to engage in debates or direct messages with him because I believed he was trying to bait me into a bogus ban. Both cites engaged in censorship of opinions primarily. Neither ban was a loss to me. If I get banned here similarly it won't be much of a loss either because that will just show this cite is just as flawed as those were. I do hope that won't be the case but time will tell. Cancel culture of opposing thought is mental cowardice and though I miss the banter with a few from both cites I don't miss the cites at all.
Sounds like your bans were similar to mine. I posted a complaint about some action the mods had taken that made absolutely no sense. That complaint was deleted with no response, so I posted it again, asking why it had been deleted. Again it was deleted but I got a response from the head honcho there saying "if you don't like it here, you can always go somewhere else". So I asked again why my post had been deleted, and without any warning or anything, my account was permanently banned. One of my friends on that site said that one of the mods was trying to bait him and was even stalking him on other sites. He complained to several different mods, who apparently didn't care, so he just left the site, asking that his account be deleted.
If you two totally separate and different individuals get banned from StingTalk and continue to believe that your exile is not your fault, but simply because this board couldn't handle your opinions, I would strongly recommend you see a doctor. At some point delusion stops being a personality quirk and starts necessitating medication.

I almost took your word for it. But then I watched the clip... and you're wrong. My faith in David Fincher is restored. Here's the specific moment:

I’m confused. You’re saying he didn’t say those words?

If you two totally separate and different individuals get banned from StingTalk and continue to believe that your exile is not your fault, but simply because this board couldn't handle your opinions, I would strongly recommend you see a doctor. At some point delusion stops being a personality quirk and starts necessitating medication.
So what in your opinion is worthy of a ban from this board? Inquiring minds want to know what the opinionated think.

So what in your opinion is worthy of a ban from this board? Inquiring minds want to know what the opinionated think.

How about you take some time to learn the culture for yourself rather than starting out here by asking what you can get away with?

It seems like it takes a lot to get banned here (spamming the same thing over and over, douching up recruiting threads) and even then it’s most likely just a time-out.

I’ve caught a ban once in a long time, for making a particularly rude remark about Penn State in the football forum.

JRjr

Was it cut blocking specifically or certain types of downfield blocking? I thought that complicated stuff about blocking back toward the play (like how we abused Kam Chancellor) or whatever was a big part of it?

JRjr
It was basically cut blocking by anyone but OL. They ramped it up over the years.

In the past, if a RB or WR squared up and hit a defender in the torso, then they could finish by cutting his legs. I think that is 100% illegal now.

They also basically made it illegal to block anyone if you started outside of them at the snap of the ball. I’m not sure what the exact wording is.

As a tangent, currently we are protecting defenders MORE than we protect offensive players. For example the hit on Gibbs last week and McGowen the week before used to be defensive-less player fouls but now if it isn’t targeting you can kill an offensive player if you wish but block a defender too aggressively and it is a penalty.

What you said might be pertinent if at least 15 other people on that other site had not been banned in the last 3 months. But since that is what happened, then you really don't have a clue what you are talking about and would be well advised to MYOB.

They also basically made it illegal to block anyone if you started outside of them at the snap of the ball. I’m not sure what the exact wording is.

What they did was outlaw the crack back block above the waist on Offense like we used to do with Bey Bey & Waller crashing in from a WR position to down block on Safeties and LBers, crack back blocks below the waist were outlawed a long time ago anyway.

The Fans of the previous Genius HC thought this was an anti Triple Option rule, but the Truth and Facts show it merely leveled the playing field, because crack back blocks on Kick Returns (Think Gary Guyton vs VT in a Thurs Night Game back during the CCG Era), and crack back blocks on Interceptions (think Bama vs Aaron Murray in the SEC-CG) were already outlawed before they finally got around to outlawing crack back blocks on plays from Scrimmage by WRs.

No grand conspiracy vs the Triple, just trying to make the Rules more consistent in different Areas of the Game.

Back