Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

Don't know, nor do I care if he makes it to the NFL He played hard while here, for that I wish him well.

You had better wake up to the new world order of college football. There's no school loyalty, there's only the highest bidder. Pride in playing well for a chosen school doesn't exist anymore, it's all nil deals and highlights on social media. It's "me" generation at it's finest.
School loyalty is why I cheer. Why care for an Adult. No more kids 18 years old and they are free agents then.

I love the idea of Tech.I’m a math teacher and Tech has been the pinnacle of excellent athletics by intelligent people(especially in STEM) in the last 60 years. Let’s him that can be cool again.

The transfer portal has definitely ruined the sport.

Imagine if the NFL operated like this…Barry Sanders would never have stayed in Detroit.

It’s just so bad for the game. A game that’s already got like 50 point + spreads every Saturday.

I think if the NFL starts playing games on Saturday, college football as we know it will be officially dead.

Yep. The transfer portal is way worse than NIL.

NIL is just bringing above board what always existed. Maybe it even levels the playing field a bit at the top of the sport since there are plenty of rich athletic departments and boosters out there.

The transfer portal is fundamentally changing the nature of the sport though, and in a very bad way.

The dam has burst. Jude Kelley is leaving too

1669688020273.png
Who?

School loyalty is why I cheer. Why care for an Adult. No more kids 18 years old and they are free agents then.

I love the idea of Tech.I’m a math teacher and Tech has been the pinnacle of excellent athletics by intelligent people(especially in STEM) in the last 60 years. Let’s him that can be cool again.

Pro sports are popular all over the world. Even in America, pro football is way more popular than CFB. Plenty of people care about and cheer for adults who are most definitely in it primarily for money and move around even more than college players do today.

People will still cheer for college progams even when the players are full professionals, just like they still cheer for NFL teams. That said, I agree with you to some extent -- my interest has definitely lessened because of all the transfers. It takes away from the uniqueness of CFB. But I'll still watch, and I'll still cheer.

Not a coincidence that UGA success has coincided with college football becoming a professional sport and turning to total öööö.

Also öööö McCollum for this. I appreciate that he played out the rest of the season unlike some other total pussies. But him transferring from Tech without a degree = dead to me.

Best of luck to him. He is a playmaker.

I don't fault any player for calling out this ööööshow and pulling the rip cord.

Is our new head coach out recruiting yet?
Which one? There appears to be a running list of them.

The backup kicker is not a loss. We gained a scholarship.

On the other hand he loses a chance at a Tech degree and he probably will not get a scholarship offer in the portal.

A scholly lost here is one gained for Gavin Stewart.

Back