Players in the Portal [Official "They Gone" Thread]

gtphd

What a time to be alive
If he isn't smart enough to seek and filter out advice, then perhaps an Old Miss master's is what he needs. This was a 40 year decision. I'm not saying a Stanford, or Michigan, or any number of better schools came calling, but you'd think 4 years of GT would get him better.
Not saying that I know the situation, but pointing out that the degree also matters. Stanford or Michigan is not admitting him to their MBA program with no work experience. University of Mississippi might. Same goes for other graduate degrees.

It’s one thing to talk about the value of a Tech master’s degree, but if you’re offered an MS in Building Construction and you don’t want to go into building construction, it makes sense to look at another school

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
I’m going to assume that he has a management degree from Tech. Depending on what he wants to do, the NIL $ might make a more of a difference than the prestige of a degree. Say you want to open a franchise back home. Having an extra $100k to live off of while you get on your feet would be very helpful. Or use that cash to start a used car business. There are a lot of scenarios where cash on hand means a lot.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Not saying that I know the situation, but pointing out that the degree also matters. Stanford or Michigan is not admitting him to their MBA program with no work experience. University of Mississippi might. Same goes for other graduate degrees.

It’s one thing to talk about the value of a Tech master’s degree, but if you’re offered an MS in Building Construction and you don’t want to go into building construction, it makes sense to look at another school
I wonder if they allow football players into their law program?

stinger78

Jacket by the grace of God.
I’m going to assume that he has a management degree from Tech. Depending on what he wants to do, the NIL $ might make a more of a difference than the prestige of a degree. Say you want to open a franchise back home. Having an extra $100k to live off of while you get on your feet would be very helpful. Or use that cash to start a used car business. There are a lot of scenarios where cash on hand means a lot.
Not to mention, to a high school of college student $100K is a crapton of money.

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
My recollection of Walton is that he was always good in coverage and close to the receiver but rarely turned to find the ball and committed a lot of PI. Am I wrong? He had good athletic skill and with good coaching could show improvement.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Idk I don’t remember the name to be honest. But we boasted of depth and there is two in a week.
I'm not certain where we were sitting on scholarships. Did we need a few more to leave to get to max or are we still looking at portal players and need room?

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
I'm not certain where we were sitting on scholarships. Did we need a few more to leave to get to max or are we still looking at portal players and need room?
That may be the answer. I doubt we are obligated for year seven.

OmnipoTech

Jolly Good Fellow
He was a special teamer only. Had 3 tackles last year. Has 18 tackles in his 6 year career, playing the previous 5 at Maryland; I guess he got a waiver for a 7th?
I remember seeing him in on defense a couple times but yea largely special teams.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Bennett got hurt last year and only played in a handful of games. DB is not a position I think we should be concerned about depth. Zamari was a loss because he was an experienced starter.

The Champ

Dodd-Like
Bennett got hurt last year and only played in a handful of games. DB is not a position I think we should be concerned about depth. Zamari was a loss because he was an experienced starter.
Ahh. So maybe he got a medical RS?

BuzzinWreck78

Helluva Engineer
I'm very puzzled by the scholly count.
I looked at last years talent composite(easier than looking at roster)
83 players with 8 seniors plus 10 have transferred out = about 20 spots available
19 HS signings + 11 transfer INs = about 30 in
if accurate we must be over by a bit?
Don't redshirts count toward the 85 scholly limit?
what am i missing or miscounting?