Playoff

The mutts best wins were Arkansas, Kentucky, and Clemson.
And for some reason the ESPN power index has uga as far and away the best team even after yesterday. The FPI is one of the stats that the committee uses in selection. It’a obviously a BS stat if it shows uga with a 90+% chance to beat Bama the day after a 3 score massacre. It says that 30 of Bama’s points were luck.

That’s the world we live in where öööö algorithms like that make decisions.

The CFP is a joke, they always preach that the SOS carries a lot of weight in the selection of the teams. They bitched all year about Cincinnati's SOS, but yet they never mention the SOS of the DWAGs. That crowd played one really good team this year, yesterday and they got their asses handed to them. They are so fixated on the SEC, that the CFP has become a joke. Just an opinion from and old fart who has watched a ton of college football games in his lifetime.

You know, I was thinking that Geoff's uGag plan the whole time was to really take it easy on the mutts so the mutts would be lulled to sleep thinking they are so amazing, and coupled with Alabama's tightrope against Auburn created a perfect storm of overconfidence.

That crazy son of a bitch may be a genius.

The CFP is a joke, they always preach that the SOS carries a lot of weight in the selection of the teams. They bitched all year about Cincinnati's SOS, but yet they never mention the SOS of the DWAGs. That crowd played one really good team this year, yesterday and they got their asses handed to them. They are so fixated on the SEC, that the CFP has become a joke. Just an opinion from and old fart who has watched a ton of college football games in his lifetime.

How anyone can argue that UGA wasn't one of the 4 best teams is beyond me.

I hate them, but it is pretty clear they belong in the playoffs.

Georgia 32nd toughest schedule
ND 30th
Cincy 78th

They played 1 team in the final top 20, and that team massacred them. They aren’t one of the 4 best and ND should be in. But SEC.
Swap massacre for closer loss and you have ND. Factor in the self-fulfilling part of Bama considered a stronger team to lose to than Cincy and you get the issues they'll say with putting them in.

I think if Okie State had won they might of pushed them out.

ND 30th
Cincy 78th
It's just the way we are. I don't ever want to give them credit but I know they are a team with a good defense with a halfway decent offense. Coupled with a weak schedule, they just roll through everyone. Not necessarily fair because they can't help the SEC east sucks so bad and their in-state rival has too much juice and not enough substance for a head coach to be competitive. Hell, the next best opponent after Bama damn near beat them. However, all that aside, they had their chance to answer my question of whether they deserved to go and to me, they didn't. All they are is a team that did what they had to do in the season and didn't when it really mattered. Why should they be given another chance?

I just want it to be so!

They played 1 team in the final top 20, and that team massacred them. They aren’t one of the 4 best and ND should be in. But SEC.

Notre Dame lost at home to Cincinnati (the only team on their schedule that is currently ranked)

Let's look at the ND wins:

FSU - 5-7 record
Toledo - 7-5 record
Purdue - 8-4
Wiscy - 8-4 record
Cincy - LOST at home - Only team currently ranked in top 25
VPISU - 6-6
USC - 4-8
UNC - 6-6 (but hell, even we beat them)
NAVY - 3-8
UVA- 6-6
GT - 3-9
Stanford - 3-9
No Championship game

GTFO ND.

ND 30th
Cincy 78th
4F02C341-D736-495B-96B7-5B42AC80A896.gif

It's just the way we are. I don't ever want to give them credit but I know they are a team with a good defense with a halfway decent offense. Coupled with a weak schedule, they just roll through everyone. Not necessarily fair because they can't help the SEC east sucks so bad and their in-state rival has too much juice and not enough substance for a head coach to be competitive. Hell, the next best opponent after Bama damn near beat them. However, all that aside, they had their chance to answer my question of whether they deserved to go and to me, they didn't. All they are is a team that did what they had to do in the season and didn't when it really mattered. Why should they be given another chance?

I just want it to be so!
Damn right, piss on them sumbitches, I never give them credit for anything, nor do they give us credit for anything. They were overrated all year and as usual they play weak teams in a a weak-ass division. It makes me think Vince Dooley is still doing their scheduling over there!

F*** em and I hope they lose, but they still deserve a spot in the top 4 with the current rules.

Bottom line is you can't punish U[sic]GA for losing to the #3 team in a conference championship game when ND doesn't play in one at all. As others have said, ND made their own bed here.

Bottom line is you can't punish U[sic]GA for losing to the #3 team in a conference championship game when ND doesn't play in one at all. As others have said, ND made their own bed here.
Sure you can. The committee repeatedly says that the rankings are based upon who is playing well now. Well uga got its öööö pushed in by Bama and should not be in the playoff.

Back