Post Game discussion thread

In other news, King only has one INT after 3 games - wasn't it off of a tipped pass? And his completion percentage is at 76.

I'm not reading too much into the Syracuse game. I think we are just tired. We are 1 of only 2 teams in the country that have already played 3 games (SMU) and 2 of them were on the road.
His pick was on a bad decision last week while scrambling. Ball should have been thrown into the stands

In other news, King only has one INT after 3 games - wasn't it off of a tipped pass? And his completion percentage is at 76.

I'm not reading too much into the Syracuse game. I think we are just tired. We are 1 of only 2 teams in the country that have already played 3 games (SMU) and 2 of them were on the road.
I don’t think you can use “tired” as an excuse. It might have flown after the “meh” performance against GAST, but to have a lackluster performance against Syracuse (not Clemson, NCSU, VT, Miami,
uGA, etc) after two weeks of being back from Ireland, that doesn’t bode well for the rest of the season. Hopefully we figure things out but we’ve now had a back to back performance where our defense has had questionable performances.

I don’t think you can use “tired” as an excuse. It might have flown after the “meh” performance against GAST, but to have a lackluster performance against Syracuse (not Clemson, NCSU, VT, Miami,
uGA, etc) after two weeks of being back from Ireland, that doesn’t bode well for the rest of the season. Hopefully we figure things out but we’ve now had a back to back performance where our defense has had questionable performances.
We traveled 10000 miles in 3 weeks. Syracuse traveled 0.

Also a lot of people had Syracuse up near the top of the ACC after their off-season. Theirs no reason to think they’re so much worse than the teams listed. In fact I’d say they’re likely better than NC state and VPI. Could probably go toe to toe with clemson

Only one was on the road. The other couldn’t be reached by any road.

Oh well that changes everything. No wonder we managed 0 sacks against them.
I think they’re a bit better than people give them credit for. I don’t think we played at our best. I think the tough travel schedule hurt our ability to play at our best. We only lost by 3.

Humbled us by 3. We are a team with just a fair OL and DL, obviously, and we aren't exactly playing with top of the P4 LB talent. It is just obvious. We are a fair team.

Had Syracuse played UGAg or Ohio State yesterday, their OL and DL would have been dominated and their QB gotten beaten up pretty good.
We were supposed to have a really good Oline. I haven’t seen anyone stop Tech from running the ball like that since 2022.

I think they’re a bit better than people give them credit for. I don’t think we played at our best. I think the tough travel schedule hurt our ability to play at our best. We only lost by 3.
Let’s look at this in a nutshell. GT has gone from ATL to Dublin, back to ATL to Syracuse in 3 weeks. GT still has 2 more games (including @ UofL) until a “bye” week.

There are some teams who have already had a “bye” week after week 1 (FSU one of them) and now week 2 without any travel.

The brilliant minds at GT gave up a home game to go to Ireland (which GT obviously won), and then decided to have 2 away games following that game overseas within a 4 week span? Can someone explain to me why a school who claims to be so “smart” continually does dumb things?

Yet says “OK” to 2 bye weeks in November before and after the Miami game instead? Brilliant…..Just brilliant.

Let’s look at this in a nutshell. GT has gone from ATL to Dublin, back to ATL to Syracuse in 3 weeks. GT still has 2 more games (including @ UofL) until a “bye” week.

There are some teams who have already had a “bye” week after week 1 (FSU one of them) and now week 2 without any travel.

The brilliant minds at GT gave up a home game to go to Ireland (which GT obviously won), and then decided to have 2 away games following that game overseas within a 4 week span? Can someone explain to me why a school who claims to be so “smart” continually does dumb things?

Yet says “OK” to 2 bye weeks in November before and after the Miami game instead? Brilliant…..Just brilliant.
Was this due to our previous AD?

Was this due to our previous AD?
No. Because the schedule was made after the additions of SMU, Stanford, Cal. This has nothing to do with TStan or anyone else previously in the GTAA.

USC played LSU in Vegas last Sunday night, and destroyed Utah State last night. Guess what they have before a trip to Ann Arbor this week? A “bye” after 2 games in 6 days.

This stupidity of a schedule was accepted by the current GTAA. Why the hell does anyone need 2 “bye” weeks in 3 weeks?

Fran is a ööööing maggot.

Talk about bulletin board material. We will never lose to Syracuse again. Literally ever.
Yeah plus he just put a chip on his shoulder for every other opponent they play this year what an idiot

lol. It’s still the beginning of the season. That is not a tough travel schedule for young adults between 18 and 22 years old. I don’t think fatigue was a factor.

Back