Post Game discussion thread

Not yet. I'll keep the board posted.
IMG_8820.gif

I get what he’s saying. I thought it was odd when Key said he didn’t really know him even though they were on the same team years ago. The guy is an ACC coach so thats sort of disrespectful and he definitely used it to motivate his team. The toughness stuff is whatever, who cares. But Key made a young coach mistake when he said that.
Huh? Someone asked Key if his relationship with Fran from their past experience together will help him prepare for this game. He said they overlapped for just a few months so he barely got to know him. It’d take a guy with a chick name like Fran to be offended by a benign response to a dumb question.

Why are we calling this Syracuse team a head scratching loss at this point? College football teams are largely good or bad based on QB play. They have a good one. They are 2-0 and beat a very legit Ohio team who likely had that game circled. A lot of buzz in the off-season about transfers into Syracuse.

We didn’t play our best game and lost by 3 on the road.
We would have been tied if we had a solid kicker.

We lost a game where blocked 2 kicks and recovered an onside kick. Not good....It is going to be another long year watching our defense. Syracuse has a good offense with some very good players, but it was way, way too easy.

The inability to run the ball outside of QB runs against a team that was not particularly good against the run last year or in its first game against Ohio is baffling.

I don't post often, but good lord, the bitching on this chain is beyond ridiculous. How quickly we forget the clown show and the circus of the last few years. We were a 3-point spread for a reason. Bad matchup on the road. We still scored and we scored 14 in the 4th. You don't go from irrelevance to Natty contender overnight. Yes, there were some questionable calls; yes, there were some key plays blown. Guess what? Every freaking close game has five plays that decide it. We ended up on the bad end. Boo-hoo. We are going bowling with an incredibly tough schedule. Enjoy the journey.
So you're actually saying that this thread is a total Buzzkill.

Sorry to crash the pity party going on in here but if you can't see that we are an order of magnitude better than we were last year then you are more than welcome to get off at the next stop.

It's fine to piss and moan within the 24-hour window. I already kicked my cat (Mr.Bigglesworth) into next week and shot several holes in the neighbor's above-ground pool but tomorrow, I'll be ready to battle the mighty and fierce Keydets of VMI.

If there are any among my StinGTalk brethren lacking the necessary sackitude for said battle, you are forgiven in advance and asked to refresh your tampon reserves and begin preparations for the required victory sammiches.

I'm a little bitter about this L, but it's not a Citadel loss. They were ready, we were not. And we still had a chance to steal it. Get back to the film, fix it against VMI, then smoke Louisville. I'll be okay.
Same here. Gotta say I was impressed with Syracuse. Looks like they made a good hire who brought in some talent. Will be easy pulling for them in conference.

Does anyone ever enjoy a game that is a loss?

I mean, are there people who watch a game and think, "Well I wish my team had won but it was a fun football game!"

I mean, are there people who watch a game and think, "Well I wish my team had won but it was a fun football game!"
Oregon fans can, apparently. Ranked #7 and potentially on the verge of being upset at home by unranked Boise State. Downtown Panic City. Yet their announcers:

"Hyuk hyuk this is great football."
"It's the best!"

Weird ööööers.

At least we beat FSU, otherwise we'd be 1-2 right now and looking at our schedule I'm afraid we'd be hard pressed to come up with five more wins. So as putrid as our D looked today, it could be worse.
The schedule is not looking as bad after yesterday. Notre Dame lost to a directional school and NC state looked like an FCS team against TN.

Good win for Cuse, but their coach and QB are strutting around like they're Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. They humbled us today, but they will get theirs sooner or later.
Humbled us by 3. We are a team with just a fair OL and DL, obviously, and we aren't exactly playing with top of the P4 LB talent. It is just obvious. We are a fair team.

Had Syracuse played UGAg or Ohio State yesterday, their OL and DL would have been dominated and their QB gotten beaten up pretty good.

I did just that last year for the ugay game. I was so happy we were competitative, unlike previously. Everyone I was close to felt the same way.

Women say öööö like that all the time

Back