Post Game discussion thread

So here’s what happened:
Did anybody expect a pass rush, we haven’t had one yet.
I thought we would have a big day on the ground thus dominating TOP, NOPE … Syracuse had the ball 37 minutes to our 23. If we could have run the ball and flipped TOP, it wouldn’t have mattered that we could not stop Cuse, we would have won the game.
We really need to beat Duke, VT, and UNC, that gets us 6 wins. Then I think we can win one or two of the Louisville, Miami, NCST ND, UGA games.

Every DL position should be open for competition the next two weeks cause they have been ghosted for 3 games now.

So far, this is tracking to be the worst Tech DL in years.

He's just being full of himself. He has a great QB, but öööö like having McCord won't last over the next several years. Syracuse looked like a great football team today, but will get drubbed at some point this season
They didn't even sound confident talking about it post-game. On some level they know how weak this crap is. Not a sustainable source of fuel. I'd still rather be Tech than Syracuse this season.

Every DL position should be open for competition the next two weeks cause they have been ghosted for 3 games now.

For reference, for team rankings, our highest DL is ranked T6 in tackles. Two of our starting DL are tied for dead last (or near dead last) on the team in tackles.

We played weak and soft on defense again as we have for over the past decade. We didn't run well but we did play hard until the end and if not for a missed 46 yd FG we could have maybe gotten the game to OT. Oh well got to flush this one and get ready for the next one.

Losing 3 DL’s to transfer Kennard (South Carolina), Douse (Michigan State) and Kelly (Mizzou) hurt. Especially since Kennard was the best DL last year. Not like they transferred to G5 schools for playing time.

Cuse coach made the whole insult öööö up to motivate his guys. He learned it from Kirby. Key said nothing other than what he's said the last 2.5 years that we're going to play physical and run the football. Hell he even mentioned in his press conference that he knew Frans team would be physical and it would be a physical game. Fran turned it around saying Key was insinuating that his team wasn't physical. He'll get what's coming to him.

He's just being full of himself. He has a great QB, but öööö like having McCord won't last over the next several years. Syracuse looked like a great football team today, but will get drubbed at some point this season
Syracuse doesn’t exactly have a hard schedule. @ UNLV in a few weeks is sneaky tough for them.

9/20 - Stanford
9/28 - Holy Cross
10/4 - @ UNLV
10/12 - @ NCSU
10/24 - @ Pitt
11/2 - VT
11/9 - @ BC
11/16 - @ Cal
11/23 - UCONN
11/30 - Miami

Outside of Miami there isn’t a game you can look at and say they are definite underdogs. @ NCSU and traveling across the country to Cal won’t be easy, but the schedule is manageable.

I think people forget Syracuse was a bowl team last year despite the coaching change after the loss to GT.

Syracuse doesn’t exactly have a hard schedule. @ UNLV in a few weeks is sneaky tough for them.

9/20 - Stanford
9/28 - Holy Cross
10/4 - @ UNLV
10/12 - @ NCSU
10/24 - @ Pitt
11/2 - VT
11/9 - @ BC
11/16 - @ Cal
11/23 - UCONN
11/30 - Miami

Outside of Miami there isn’t a game you can look at and say they are definite underdogs. @ NCSU and traveling across the country to Cal won’t be easy, but the schedule is manageable.

I think people forget Syracuse was a bowl team last year despite the coaching change after the loss to GT.
I see 4-5 losses there

I obviously don't think that. But I do think this could be a BC game where McCord turns out to be another Matt Ryan and our defense is simply average instead of atrocious.
I had Matt Ryan flashbacks. The best performance by a QB I have ever witnessed. Night game at BDS&HGF. Ryan carved us up like a hot knife through butter. McCord was approaching that level for part of the game.

Losing 3 DL’s to transfer Kennard (South Carolina), Douse (Michigan State) and Kelly (Mizzou) hurt. Especially since Kennard was the best DL last year. Not like they transferred to G5 schools for playing time.
We’ve added a DE from USC-w (Height) and PSU (Van de Berg). And this is, what, Kevin Harris’s (Bama) 3rd bust year.

We can’t pretend we couldn’t backfill.

McCord has a hell of an arm. Legit talent
This was the cuse day plain and simple and we still had a chance on to the next

They were more physical than us today. Kudos to them… Our boys have to bring it game in and game out. We looked pretty flat early, especially on defense. It’s like we thought we’d roll our helmets on the field and that would mean anything to anyone.
It's what happens when you've played nobody and get ranked just because you're 2-0 and you believe the hype. Our guys were not ready to play when the game started and it resulted in a loss. This was a wakeup call reminder that you're never as good or bad as the perceived experts say.

It's what happens when you've played nobody and get ranked just because you're 2-0 and you believe the hype. Our guys were not ready to play when the game started and it resulted in a loss. This was a wakeup call reminder that you're never as good or bad as the perceived experts say.
But will this team actually respond to that wakeup call?

Back