Post Game discussion thread

Cuse coach made the whole insult öööö up to motivate his guys. He learned it from Kirby. Key said nothing other than what he's said the last 2.5 years that we're going to play physical and run the football. Hell he even mentioned in his press conference that he knew Frans team would be physical and it would be a physical game. Fran turned it around saying Key was insinuating that his team wasn't physical. He'll get what's coming to him.
I hope Key took this loss personal and returns the favor next year.

I had Matt Ryan flashbacks. The best performance by a QB I have ever witnessed. Night game at BDS&HGF. Ryan carved us up like a hot knife through butter. McCord was approaching that level for part of the game.
He had the game of his life. Some of his completions were to receivers who were well covered but the ball just was in the exact right spot.

Cuse coach made the whole insult öööö up to motivate his guys. He learned it from Kirby. Key said nothing other than what he's said the last 2.5 years that we're going to play physical and run the football. Hell he even mentioned in his press conference that he knew Frans team would be physical and it would be a physical game. Fran turned it around saying Key was insinuating that his team wasn't physical. He'll get what's coming to him.
I’ll be pulling against Syracuse. I hope the run into an injury buzzsaw. öööö them.

Does it matter now? Whatever he told his lockerroom obviously worked.
Not really, but if he made some cocky remarks it wouldn't seem wise to give the opposing team extra motivation. I watched what was pointed out by someone else here, didn't seem like a slight, so my suspicion was confirmed.

I definitely do not. They won the game, fair enough, but this is some goofy öööö. It seems so phony and forced.
Key clearly was asked in a presser this week about facing Brown who he coached years ago. Key said he didn’t really know him because he was coaching OLine and living in a trailer while Brown was a DB. I definitely thought “why’d he say that” when all coaches say positive things about each other like Brown did in his presser about us. Brown clearly took offense and I would have too. They are both ACC coaches so it was just odd that Key just didn’t say, “ yeah he was a hard worker aa an player and is one hell of a coach” The toughness stuff is silly. They were clearly tougher today. It doesn’t mean they’ll be tougher next week.

I give Key a pass as a young coach, but he’s gotta learn these things until his team has his back.

I don't post often, but good lord, the bitching on this chain is beyond ridiculous. How quickly we forget the clown show and the circus of the last few years. We were a 3-point spread for a reason. Bad matchup on the road. We still scored and we scored 14 in the 4th. You don't go from irrelevance to Natty contender overnight. Yes, there were some questionable calls; yes, there were some key plays blown. Guess what? Every freaking close game has five plays that decide it. We ended up on the bad end. Boo-hoo. We are going bowling with an incredibly tough schedule. Enjoy the journey.

Screenshot_20240907-221603~2.png

Key clearly was asked in a presser this week about facing Brown who he coached years ago. Key said he didn’t really know him because he was coaching OLine and living in a trailer while Brown was a DB. I definitely thought “why’d he say that” when all coaches say positive things about each other like Brown did in his presser about us. Brown clearly took offense and I would have too. They are both ACC coaches so it was just odd that Key just didn’t say, “ yeah he was a hard worker aa an player and is one hell of a coach” The toughness stuff is silly. They were clearly tougher today. It doesn’t mean they’ll be tougher next week.

I give Key a pass as a young coach, but he’s gotta learn these things until his team has his back.
He said nothing that a normal person would find offensive or off putting. Someone with a victim complex or perpetual chip on their shoulder could mental gymnastics the comments into an insult I suppose.

I don't post often, but good lord, the bitching on this chain is beyond ridiculous. How quickly we forget the clown show and the circus of the last few years. We were a 3-point spread for a reason. Bad matchup on the road. We still scored and we scored 14 in the 4th. You don't go from irrelevance to Natty contender overnight. Yes, there were some questionable calls; yes, there were some key plays blown. Guess what? Every freaking close game has five plays that decide it. We ended up on the bad end. Boo-hoo. We are going bowling with an incredibly tough schedule. Enjoy the journey.
I started a thread that showed his far we’ve come since Clown Days™️

It didn’t go well.

We were badly outplayed. It would have been a fluke if we had won, but I would have taken it. There are about 14-15 teams in the ACC that are roughly equal and we are one of them. At least now, we will not have folks worrying themselves about the 12 team playoff. If we win 6 games against this schedule, I will be very happy.
I know right! It is so effing awful when our fanbase emerges from darkness and has reason for hope. This will show them!

At least we beat FSU, otherwise we'd be 1-2 right now and looking at our schedule I'm afraid we'd be hard pressed to come up with five more wins. So as putrid as our D looked today, it could be worse.

Back