Post-Game: What Positives Should We Take Away from the Game?

There's some new talent in the choreograhy department.
Did anyone else notice that when our guys were lined up for that kickoff,
that they were swinging their arms in unison in their new dance like this was synchronized swimming or something?

Yes, I thought something of that as well

On this day did he deliver, you absolute asshole öööööööööööö.
aaa.gif

disappoint.

Here is the real good news:. Homer Rice is still around, still involved at GT, and he still won't tolerate any Bill Lewis bullsh*t.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-...e-its-time-to-win/BBZCXUJG7RGITLXQ6YTXNZJJ2A/
Barring a miraculous turnaround, I hope they can convince our AD to make a change. We missed on all the criteria they established against NIU. It is hard to see improvement in any of our players. They may be bigger and stronger but their performance seems to be deteriorating.

For one thing, the fellas never gave up. They got down, but they fought back and took the lead. One bad call at the end or it's in the W column. And that was with our backup QB.

For another thing, we did not miss any extra points. Three for three.

Also, the kickoffs were deep.

So there was some improvement.

What else?

I'm positive Collins will never be a decent football coach. Give him Alabama's players, and he would find a way to lose.

Our football program is pathetic. I'm positive of that.

We may win some games, because we play some other pathetic teams. Thank goodness we're in the ACC.

What a whiplash that is to read. I need neck surgery.

That article makes me smile and have optimism more than anything else I've seen from the FB program. Homer Rice and George O'Leary don't play. As long as they're the ones stirring the drink, things are fine. I'm now pretty confident that another season like last will get some pink slips handed to coaches.

That article makes me smile and have optimism more than anything else I've seen from the FB program. Homer Rice and George O'Leary don't play. As long as they're the ones stirring the drink, things are fine. I'm now pretty confident that another season like last will get some pink slips handed to coaches.

I'm never exposed to the top levels of GT FB politics. Were they involved in hiring him, or hiring and firing CPJ, or Gailey?

George O'Leary was heavily involved in assembling this coaching staff and getting buy in.

The conundrum, I think, for people who have no confidence in Collins, is how to have confidence in anyone who endorsed him at this point? Especially people who were close to the process and have football knowledge. Shouldn't the fact that the guy can't deliver the goods he's sold be apparent much earlier to people with both expertise and intimate familiarity? If they can't spot the signs in the first place, why is it comforting that they have the helm?

If you think Collins really is as bad as many around here seem to, it looks quite difficult to find a backstop here.

Barring a miraculous turnaround, I hope they can convince our AD to make a change. We missed on all the criteria they established against NIU. It is hard to see improvement in any of our players. They may be bigger and stronger but their performance seems to be deteriorating.

Sims looked like he regressed. So did o-line....and d-line. FG kicking couldn't regress from zero...but they sure didn't progress either.
Why oh why didn't AC play? We had a true FR in there....I'm sure he's great, but they could not set the edge at all last night. AC is a 5th year SR with much more strength and experience. Maybe he was hurt- but he didn't look like it on the sidelines.

Only things that I saw improvement in are the touchbacks on kickoffs (nice job, BTW with 3 TBs and a fair catch) and much better in the penalty department. I liked our Northwestern transfer. Thought Yates settled in and did some nice things to give us the lead.

Someone nailed it- Collins (I'm personally dropping any reference to "coach" in CGC) is just a really good recruiting coordinator. That's all.

Also- anyone notice on their last drive for the TD with 2 mins left that our defense couldn't get the call in? If you can stomach it- watch Swilling....he was so pissed off- waving his hands in the air and asking what the defensive call was. Nothing...nothing. Seriously- like 4 play calls in a row. I think that's on Thacker.....he's a disaster. I still don't know about P'node: don't recall any wheel routes or screens- but he was trying to get playmakers the ball. Pissed me off that the don't put in D Smith at all- finally do- and he goes 15 for a TD...then zero plays. Really- 1 play from scrimmage for him? Didn't see Griffin at all. Just weird.

I don’t fault people for missing on the hire. Collins sold high energy, love for GT, and national relevance. It’s what the fans wanted coming out of the CPJ era and he hit it. I fault the contract structure. A seven year lock in is looking like a good competitor for the Hewitt disaster as the worst contract in school history.

If I could go back in time and do it myself I would have tied the buyout to performance. Guy tells me we will be in the playoff in 7 years? I get to tie his buyout to his win total. 2 wins in year 3? 2 million dollar buyout. Adios

We kicked Touchbacks and David Shanahan seems like a pretty decent punter. Wesley Walker had a nice game on defense and Gibbs was solid. Yates played with fight. Everything else disaster.

J Mason appears to be back to form, and the penalties, or lack thereof, was a welcome sight. Yates appears to be a bit more than a game manager and if given a legitimte shot could change the current trajectory of the team's direction. The receivers on the other hand have to caatch the football when thrown to them...period...no excuses.

The conundrum, I think, for people who have no confidence in Collins, is how to have confidence in anyone who endorsed him at this point? Especially people who were close to the process and have football knowledge. Shouldn't the fact that the guy can't deliver the goods he's sold be apparent much earlier to people with both expertise and intimate familiarity? If they can't spot the signs in the first place, why is it comforting that they have the helm?

If you think Collins really is as bad as many around here seem to, it looks quite difficult to find a backstop here.

The top priority had to be someone who could get talent and recruit. You got somebody with a more proven track record AT GT for that than Collins? Gailey had no CFB experience ... he sucked at recruiting every year Collins wasn't there. After one year of Collins being there Nick Saban paid him blood money to go recruit for Alabama. Johnson was actively hostile to recruiting.

Collins can get the players needed. He can develop them physically. But it's not a home run on the staff in terms of converting that into on the field competence. Some like Tashard Choice are doing great. Others, not so much. Some have a track record of success at GT and elsewhere that gives you pause (Brent Key). Some others like Patenaude ( https://ramblinwreck.com/coach/dave-patenaude/ ) .... not so much.

The top priority had to be someone who could get talent and recruit. You got somebody with a more proven track record AT GT for that than Collins? Gailey had no CFB experience ... he sucked at recruiting every year Collins wasn't there. After one year of Collins being there Nick Saban paid him blood money to go recruit for Alabama. Johnson was actively hostile to recruiting.

Collins can get the players needed. He can develop them physically. But it's not a home run on the staff in terms of converting that into on the field competence. Some like Tashard Choice are doing great. Others, not so much. Some have a track record of success at GT and elsewhere that gives you pause (Brent Key). Some others like Patenaude ( https://ramblinwreck.com/coach/dave-patenaude/ ) .... not so much.

I'm not really trying to talk about specific metrics or coaches, just pointing out that there is a logical problem in deferring the decision to someone who appears to be in large part responsible for the issue. You were comforted by the idea that certain people would right the ship, but if what you say about their involvement levels is true, they also hit the sandbar.

I don't really know what to make of the situation, and I'm waiting for next week's game to teach me a few more things. I'm certainly not a happy fan, but I have trouble discerning football truths. Seems like whenever I get a peak into the world where facts reside and people can explain their reasoning, everything is so much different than it looks from the stands.

Considering the opponent, the crowd was pretty good. The sound system wasn't crackling and the lights worked, neither of which can be taken for granted with our clown fiesta gameday experience

What about "Money Down"?

Back