Pruitt to Miami

Any truth to the rumors of an active shooter in the butts-mehre building?

Whatever is going down in Athens, this makes Kiffin's escapades look like an episode of Masterpiece Theatre. They have a true dumpster fire going.

No ööööing joke. The Kiffin rumors were entertaining but this business in Athens is beyond "lack of institutional control", worse than the inmates running the asylum. This is the asylum catching fire and killing everyone but the man who runs the place who is reached for comment sitting atop its charred remains and says "Right now we're just focused on Kentucky."

No ööööing joke. The Kiffin rumors were entertaining but this business in Athens is beyond "lack of institutional control", worse than the inmates running the asylum. This is the asylum catching fire and killing everyone but the man who runs the place who is reached for comment sitting atop its charred remains and says "Right now we're just focused on Kentucky."

That's like being focused on playing Duke back in the day when they sucked, they really have sunk to a new low. :lol:

d05f60ba0528a62e36e215e45c1b22ba.jpg

Richt's official Twitter.

Richt just tweeted that Pruitt is still coaching and getting ready for UK.

This is fantastic. Regardless of what is going on, they are now having to deal with rumors and speculation. This is actually better than Pruitt being fired because this means that something is festering and will end with a Big Bang. Much better than a clean ending.

Last edited:
What the hell is actually happening? It would be pretty messed up to tweet that and then have the press conference later in the day firing him.

Mark Richt tweeting out that Pruitt is still on staff.... Wonder what happened in the meeting with the AD.

That makes this whole thing more bizarre, not less. For one, I don't believe there's no fire at all with all this smoke.

But the fact that Pruitt is staying and Richt came out and said that tells me that Richt doesn't have a sacrificial lamb this year.

That makes this whole thing more bizarre, not less. For one, I don't believe there's no fire at all with all this smoke.

But the fact that Pruitt is staying and Richt came out and said that tells me that Richt doesn't have a sacrificial lamb this year.

I don't take Richt as a liar, and he's been known to be pretty faithful to his coaching staff. The only thing I can presume has happened is that Richt made a personal appeal for Pruitt to keep his job.

So much smoke there has to be a fire, right? What's being reported by a ton of creditable sources is more real than the Joey Freshwater stuff on Reddit. This whole debacle is going to implode on u(sic)ga whether any firing happens or not.

I don't take Richt as a liar, and he's been known to be pretty faithful to his coaching staff. The only thing I can presume has happened is that Richt made a personal appeal for Pruitt to keep his job.

That's what I'm saying. If the ship is going down, looks like Richt is going to go down with it rather than start throwing things overboard to stay afloat another year. I could be wrong.

One of my Dwag friends mentioned today that Pruitt went to Richt's house and started an argument. And then the next day at practice, Thomas Brown (I guess the former RB now assistant coach) had an altercation with Pruitt because of it. :dunno:

Between the adultery rumors around FSU, and now this stuff with UGA, Pruitt seems like a real piece of work. Him and Kiffin need to end up together somewhere.

All right, lots of varying reports, but here is what I am piecing together. It sounds like Pruitt flew off and struck somebody (probably a push and probably Schottenheimer), the QB coach stepped in exclaiming these were adults and not players, Pruitt stormed out like a baby. Richt handled the damage control, they had a staff meeting, and aligned on the future. Sounds like Pruitt is staying, McGarity and Richt not offering any information about the altercation, only that Pruitt is still on staff.

Dan Wolken at USA Today from his sources:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...5/georgia-football-coach-mark-richt/75214044/

► Georgia athletics director Greg McGarity favored a coaching change after last season but was overruled by president Jere Morehead. Richt was then given a contract extension.

► Regardless of the ultimate decision on Richt this time, defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt almost certainly will not be back, as his relationship with Richt and Georgia administrators has grown toxic.

► Georgia does not have one or two mega-boosters with the influence to make the call on Richt, but the displeasure of the Bulldogs' high-dollar financial supporters has made its way to Morehead's office.

► If Richt stays, it will be with a coaching staff that looks very different as first-year offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer has also been viewed as a problem.

Back