Rank em - Worst Games You've Seen

No particular order.

1. 17-14 loss to Furman 1983
2. 17-14 loss to Auburn (Bo 78 yd run in 4th q broke our heart)
3. 1997 dawgs (cheatin' referees)
4. 51-7 dawgs
5. Mtsu/byu home butt whippins
6. Wake loss/dwags loss in 2006 (tashard touches it 1 time in 4th q in both).
7. Too many others to list....

1990 @UNC

my god we had numerous chances to beat those tarhole assholes and ended up being lucky to get out of Chapel Hill with a tie.

1987 vs Auburn. öööö you, Lawyer Tillman!!

2012 Miami. I was working most weekends that fall for a plant turnaround and this was one of the few games I could attend. We start out going down 19-0, then we score around 30 unanswered points. Lose in overtime. This game introduced my wife to my colorful vocabulary. I felt very empty inside after that game.

2008 UVA was bad for some reason.

2009 UGA.

2012 MTSU was probably the worst atmosphere of any Tech home game I've attended. Just pure misery. The business of smoking in the stadium that day was not even optional, it was either light up or kill myself.

2003 Clemson and the Purple Shirt Massacre was basically the antithesis of the Auburn game a couple of weeks before. The only, and I mean the only, enjoyable thing about that game was PJ Daniels hurdling a dude. The rest was just embarrassing, especially after we had mostly played well despite starting 1-2, and Reggie vowed we wouldn't lose again after Chris ööööing Rix broke our hearts.

2008 Gardner Webb doesn't need much explanation, but it's easier to brush it aside knowing we were down to our practice squad QB.

2009 Orange Bowl was just a horrid, awful trip to watch us get slaughtered. The only saving grace was that I was able to watch us play in the Orange Bowl which was special regardless of the outcome.

2012 Georgia, I don't even want to get into.

As far as heartbreak goes (without getting into the obvious Georgia games) the 2001 Maryland game was devastating, even worse to me than Clemson that year. The 2012 Miami game left me feeling hollow, less than alive. Leaving that game seeing the looks of Tech fans who had just watched their souls be raped and murdered was only made worse by the fact that the traffic leaving is still the worst I've ever dealt with for a Tech game.

And of course the 2006 ACCCG. Just typing out that sentence made me legitimately angry and now I'm pissed off that we're even talking about this. Typing the final score to that "game" should be an automatic ban on this forum and I'm not kidding.

1976 Ugag in the rain (13-10), 1971 Ugag (28-24)--both tied for #1. Don't want to dig any further in past pain.

I was at UGAy games in 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, and 07 so pick some of those. 02 (51-7) and I think 06 (phantom fumble) were probably tops.

2009 UGAy is easily the worst home game. That 05 loss to NCST was pretty bad and Gardner Webb was really bad. Another NCSt game, in Wilson's last year with them was brutal as well.

I was actually in Athens watching UGA/Tennessee with swmbo the day we lost to MTSU.

03 Clemson was bad but we've had so many great wins over them that it is overshadowed.

Another NCSt game, in Wilson's last year with them was brutal as well.

That was the earliest I've ever left a GT game. It was a white-out game IIRC. Barely into the 3rd quarter we were getting womped and the effort level sucked, so I said öööö it and left. There was nothing good about that day. It was really hot too IIRC.

That was the earliest I've ever left a GT game. It was a white-out game IIRC. Barely into the 3rd quarter we were getting womped and the effort level sucked, so I said öööö it and left. There was nothing good about that day. It was really hot too IIRC.

It was literally Hundreds of degrees that day. I was in the club and burnt to a crisp. We got the H out of there, as well.

IIRC, we actually had a late pick six that got us within a score but we couldn't do anything with it.

2013 UGA. Huge lead then we still managed to lose. If we'd have stopped them on 4th down we would have a two-game win streak now. Other Tech fans seemed to think it was a respectable loss but I hated it

Surprised the 08 Peach Bowl hasn't been mentioned more - it was the first Tech game I ever left early. Only other game I left early was BYU in 2012

Agree with so many others have already mentioned, but did not see Da U 2012 listed. Down 19-0, scored 36 unanswered, give up 23 straight and lose in OT. Could not stop them on 3rd down to save our lives.

Someone already mentioned VT 2007, but I'll second that one. Talk about a listless effort on Thursday night. Glennon beat us like we stole something whilst wearing a GT jersey.

Agree with so many others have already mentioned, but did not see Da U 2012 listed. Down 19-0, scored 36 unanswered, give up 23 straight and lose in OT. Could not stop them on 3rd down to save our lives.

Someone already mentioned VT 2007, but I'll second that one. Talk about a listless effort on Thursday night. Glennon beat us like we stole something whilst wearing a GT jersey.

IIRC correctly we failed to go for it on 4th and 1 near midfield which would've allowed us to run out the clock. Instead they got the ball after a punt and drove 80+ yards for a game tying TD. Then in OT, we went for it on 4th and goal from the 1 and Tevin got stuffed. They then ran 25 yards for the TD on their first touch in OT. At least that is the way I remember it... it sucked.

Also, the Orwin safety on the kickoff was great. Was that the opening play of the game?

Surprised the 08 Peach Bowl hasn't been mentioned more - it was the first Tech game I ever left early. Only other game I left early was BYU in 2012

That sucked... but they sold booze in the Dome, so that made it more tolerable. Plus I got to show off my paper airplane skills from the upper deck that game.

Wow. Reading this thread, I realize most of you guys are youngish. I attended some absolutely horrible losses back in the bad ol days. (GT v Memphis 1981 comes to mind.)

Broader point: it is kind of horrifying that GT seems to have a much deeper well of soul crushing games than wonderful exciting wins. Or maybe we just all suffer from that disease CPJ has, where you only remember losses.

That would make for a thoughtful Stephen King novel.... Living forever in the torture of your worst moments, the good things slipping away instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with so many others have already mentioned, but did not see Da U 2012 listed. Down 19-0, scored 36 unanswered, give up 23 straight and lose in OT. Could not stop them on 3rd down to save our lives..

That one was soul crushing. Made PJ literally cry.

51-7 (part 1) and 39-3 by a mile.

2004 VT is angriest I have ever been inside a football stadium.

Plenty of sould crushing experience in the past 20 years but those three stand out.

Back