Rank em - Worst Games You've Seen

Any UGA loss close or blowout. Two most memorable were the Andy Johnson led comeback in the final minutes and the year Eddie Lee went out injured. The ACC Wake game that pretty much sealed Chan's fate. The Joe Burns unexplainable run out of bounds against Maryland. These are a few that come to mind.

Probably 2009 UGA for me. That was the one we were supposed to win and win handily. A lot UGA fans were dreading that game. And it ended up being competitive with them coming out on top. 2011 and 2013 (even though we got dominated in the former and blew a big lead in the latter) didn't hurt nearly as much since we were a mediocre team those years.

2008 Gardner Webb is probably a close runner up even though it was a win.

I was in a particularly foul mood after 2008 UVA, but don't really remember any specifics of the game.

I didn't make the 2012 MTSU debacle or else I imagine it would be up there too. I don't really have strong memories from my time attending games as a student pre-CPJ even though I had 4 years worth of CCG. I know I attended the 51-7 VPI slaughter, but it didn't have a lasting effect.

Edit: 2008 LSU kind of sucked too.

I don't think I'm covering any new ground with my selections, but here they are...

2013: UGA- blowing a big lead before wearing down in OT
2013: Clemson- 2015 was bad (rain included), but 2013 first possession from the 1, negative yards and no first down until 4th possession.
2012: MTSU- awful game, made worse by being the last game I was able to take my dad to.
2012: Miami- blowing a 17 pt lead in the 4th quarter.
2011: VT- Attaochu punches L. Thomas' helmet and arguably costs GT the Coastal.
2009: UGA- no way in hell I thought we'd lose that game.
2008: LSU- left at half time ...no paper airplanes for me.
2005: NCST- defeat snatched from the hands of victory.
2002: UGA- I had to stay for the whole öööö game. I never forgave CCG for this BS of a game.
2001: UGA- I didn't get to attend 1998, 1999, or 2000, but I sure as hell was there when the 3 game streak ended.
2001: Maryland- Joe Burns doesn't stay in bounds.

1980-ugag. They scored on the first play from scrimmage and several times afterwards. We were so low as a program then that Parkview, Brookwood, or Lowndes Co. would have beaten us. Not so sure bout Bama! :>)

Furman - '83
Gaggers - '12

I was at the Furman game as a high schooler. I wouldn't say it was that terrible just because we expected so little back then. We did have our one victory over Bama back then and a tie against ND, but little else exciting was going on.

I remember being real excited about the All American Bowl like we were going to the Orange Bowl or something. Still have an autographed sweatshirt from it.

Wow. Reading this thread, I realize most of you guys are youngish. I attended some absolutely horrible losses back in the bad ol days. (GT v Memphis 1981 comes to mind.)

Broader point: it is kind of horrifying that GT seems to have a much deeper well of soul crushing games than wonderful exciting wins. Or maybe we just all suffer from that disease CPJ has, where you only remember losses.

That would make for a thoughtful Stephen King novel.... Living forever in the torture of your worst moments, the good things slipping away instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old days? how about--
1960--lost to bama 16-15 after leading 15-0 at half-
Navy bad loss in sleet in '68 as heavy favorites
maybe ugliest loss ever in my watching for 60 yrs--
MidTnst in '12--favorite by 13 and lose by 17?

anyone recall the blown PI no-call in the 2000 FSU game? great atmosphere all night, huge disappointment over a bad call. and they had been throwing flags all over the field all night, then somehow kept it in their pockets on that play. i do believe some things were thrown onto the field...

Nothing compares to the 2013 dwag game.

I had no expectations, went into that game totally stoic and indifferent to the outcome. Then my hope were raised. Then they were dashed like an overripe cantaloupe tossed off a high rise.

That game made my heart hurt. Wreck Em level depression. It was like watching the Mountain vs the Viper x1,000. I had two desk chairs that didn't survive the night, as I dashed them as if they were my own hopes.

Made 30-24 all the sweeter.

Nothing compares to the 2013 dwag game.

I had no expectations, went into that game totally stoic and indifferent to the outcome. Then my hope were raised. Then they were dashed like an overripe cantaloupe tossed off a high rise.

Yeah, those are the worst - when you manage to temper your expectations and numb yourself, then get your hopes up only to have them dashed.

Thankfully, I was sick as hell with a fever and stuff, and really had no business at a football game, for that game (but went anyway). I don't really remember much about it - I staggered home and fell asleep immediately.

JRjr

2006 inaugural ACC championship. Rainy with no chance of touchdowns.

anyone recall the blown PI no-call in the 2000 FSU game? great atmosphere all night, huge disappointment over a bad call. and they had been throwing flags all over the field all night, then somehow kept it in their pockets on that play. i do believe some things were thrown onto the field...

I had forgotten that one. Back when there were students in the lower east towards the north end zone. I swear I hit one of the F$U flag boys with a Sprite bottle while they were running by after a late score.

Last edited:
I can't believe I left off 1992 F$U. Key mccorvey was down at the 3 and refs gave him a td. One of the worse cheating referee calls ever. No replay at the time. We would have put Charlie ward et all in their place.

I can't believe I left off 1992 F$U. Key mccorvey was down at the 3 and refs gave him a td. One of the worse cheating referee calls ever. No replay at the time. We would have put Charlie ward et all in their place.
This one was the worst for me

Uga 51-7 game will always be #1. Team quit and it was obvious.

Others:
Duke in Durham when they broke long ACC losing streak
Silicon Valley Mud Bowl
Uva hook and ladder game
Maryland when the sniper was out
Maryland when Joe Frickin Burns ran out of bounds
Multiple Va Tech games that run together

Almost forgot the FSU game in either 2000 or 2001 where they called an odd pass interference against us.

ditto on the hook and ladder game

not to mention giving Bill Lewis a reprieve I believe

1966 Georgia -- Bring on the Dawgs -- SI curse

1966 Orange Bowl -- TOBC --

Back