Rank em - Worst Games You've Seen

My Least Favorite Five - '97 UGA, (Cheating like I've never seen) '74 Duke (Catch the punt!), '86 Wake Forest (don't run wide - worst play call ever, Mover agrees), '75 Auburn (they injured everyone), '78 UGA (More cheating and injuring)

Broader point: it is kind of horrifying that GT seems to have a much deeper well of soul crushing games than wonderful exciting wins. Or maybe we just all suffer from that disease CPJ has, where you only remember losses.

It's just another manifestation of GTPTSD.

51-7 (part 1) and 39-3 by a mile.

2004 VT is angriest I have ever been inside a football stadium.

Plenty of sould crushing experience in the past 20 years but those three stand out.

Hey man, haven't seen you around in a while.

MTSU 2012 was the only game I've ever walked out early on completely disgusted. Ended up having fun getting completely hammered after, though.

1994 wake forest. Everything else is local minima compared to this, the true nadir.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

MTSU 2012 was the only game I've ever walked out early on completely disgusted. Ended up having fun getting completely hammered after, though.

I think that's the day we came up with the term Post-mortem tailgate.

NC State 2005 was a total dick punch

This one definitely should have been on my list under heartbreak. Calvin Johnson doing an impression of Kerry Watkins vs NC State in 2000 while on his back, nine feet in the air. Ugh.

2006 Wake Forest - Field goals, and not even that many of them. Terrible weather and the worst large city in Florida. Are they serious with this thing?
DSC_0065-1.jpg

2001 Maryland - They actually turned out to be good but we blew this one...a trend I would get used to seeing as AJ Suggs and Reggie Ball took up the rest of my years on campus.

NC State 2005.

Totally glad I thought I started my day thinking about this one.

I'm going to go with a win during our 1990 championship season.

The 6-3 win over Virginia Tech just because it was freezing and both offenses weren't doing squat.

In the two games before this, we scored over 40, and in the three games after, we also scored over 40.

1994 (or '93?) Duke. We fumbled on the first play when we got the ball...three (3) times in a row. And fumbled the 4th time as well, but got that one back. The game was over in the 1st quarter.

Luginbill lofted a beautiful sideline pass to a spot, but the WR had cut across the field. They reconvened, called the same play...and the exact same thing happened.

The tight end ran a slant route across the middle...the pass was incomplete when he collided with the referee. They ran the same play two more times (although in different series)...with the same results.

Worst prepared GT team I've ever seen.

NC State 2005.

Totally glad I thought I started my day thinking about this one.

Maddest I have ever been leaving our stadium. We have gotten beatdowns that I accept and made it through. We absolutely gave NC State the victory. Their D-line was exhausted, spent. We had PJ Daniels in the backfield. One yard line. Minute on the clock. Timeout in our pocket (until f'ing Nix used it cause he wet the bed). Hand it to PJ or let Reggie QB sneak and we win. Even if we don't make it, use a timeout, try it again. If we don't make it that time, line up and pass......dammit, I am mad again. NC State shouldn't have that game as a "W"

Wow. Reading this thread, I realize most of you guys are youngish. I attended some absolutely horrible losses back in the bad ol days. (GT v Memphis 1981 comes to mind.)

Broader point: it is kind of horrifying that GT seems to have a much deeper well of soul crushing games than wonderful exciting wins. Or maybe we just all suffer from that disease CPJ has, where you only remember losses.

That would make for a thoughtful Stephen King novel.... Living forever in the torture of your worst moments, the good things slipping away instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am an old fart too, I seem to remember around 1971 losing to Army. Pretty low day for GT football.

I have to go with Wake Forrest in the ACC championship game because it was one of the worst actual games I've ever witnessed AND culminated in a loss to WF.

Followed closely by the Gator Bowl against WVU. Both heartbreak of the game and dealing with hicks from WV. Literally the worst fan base I've ever encountered (I live in Athens).

Don't remember. They have been deleted from my braincase.

2013 uga game. Not because of the game itself. Because at half time bunch of you losers started whining about how we'll definitely blow the lead and probably lose in double overtime or something. And then it became true.

Back