Shai McKenzie

Would this be our best/highest-rated recruit in this year's class? I'm sick of striking out on guys like this. We REALLY REALLY need a stud B-back to make this offense work.

As of now Custis or Devine are probably the highest rated/best recruit that CPJ has landed, and technically Custis is in this year's class. McKenzie is ranked as the 25th best RB in the country (Rivals) and Custis was the 42nd last year, so take that for what it's worth.

We'll know this week whether McKenzie is heading to GT or Pitt - sounds like it's one or the other. Him and Custis together would make a pretty lethal combo, Dwyer/Allen style, but either way Custis should hopefully end up being that stud b-back we need.

Step Durham is rivals 4 star and 23rd best CB. Also enrolling early. With that said Keshun Freeman might be even better prospect. Ranked 29th best DE by rivals.

[y]xJNnR7CZHkg[/y]

definite 4 star

Word is Shai is leaning Pitt. Doesn't make much sense, Pitt has 2 RB recruits for 2014, we have 0. Must want to stay close to home.

Sounds like he's trying to make a smart decision though:
ShaiMcKenzie ‏@ShaiMcK_5 48m Well my official visits are over and recruiting ends this week...doing final research and making the best decision for myself

Word is Shai is leaning Pitt. Doesn't make much sense, Pitt has 2 RB recruits for 2014, we have 0. Must want to stay close to home.

Sounds like he's trying to make a smart decision though:
ShaiMcKenzie ‏@ShaiMcK_5 48m Well my official visits are over and recruiting ends this week...doing final research and making the best decision for myself

Much better business opportunities for him down here...and it's WARM. Dangit! We really need this guy.

As much as we need this guy, we need to make sure we have an O-line in place to block Custis and Shai (should we get him).

I can't stand how nice and respectful everyone is over there to one another. It's just ridiculous. I haven't seen anyone publicly ridiculed or big cried. Absolutely zero entertainment value.

We'll know for sure on Friday. Anything until then is just guessing.

We've been burned at the last minute too many times on top guys in the last few years. Would be nice to land McKenzie.

Why would we know by Friday? Signing day isn't until Feb 4.

Back