Something Coach Johnson said this week

I don't think it means our players are soft. I'd get pissed off at some little brats showing up wearing that red and black garbage as well. I do think that PJ handled it perfectly though.

I agree with this. It is a bit rude on the part of the kids visiting, I can't believe that they would not think this was a visible gig at Tech but their parents and coach should have let them know that if they did not get it on their own. Why visit Tech in the first place if they are really gaggers at heart?

I do think that CPJ used it to his advantage, good thinking on his part. Just about everything that I hear about CPJ and the way he conducts himself continues to make me believe that he is the best thing that has happened to Tech football (in addition to Calvin and DRad) in quite a few years.

PJ handled it the right way. You don't let a high schoolers choice of head wear bother you. the fact that it bothered our players tells us what we already knew... they are soft like Chan.

I agree. Some of them were so soft coughColinPeekcough that they had to leave the team.

PJ handled it the right way. You don't let a high schoolers choice of head wear bother you. the fact that it bothered our players tells us what we already knew... they are soft like Chan.

agreed 100%. And I think what you mean is mentally soft....right? That I would agree too.

If Coach Johnson wants to get on the guys about beating UGA - fine. But, when kids visit a school they need to wear their high school jackets and caps, regular clothes, or anything appropriate. Wearing the gear of any rival or opponent is not acceptable. It is letting a high school player be a smart ass toward the school that has invited him.

I sit next to the section of ECU's guests each week. They are written a letter with dress guidelines. No player who is a guest of the school wears State or UNC gear as a guest of Coach Holtz. I would like for Coach Johnson to let all recruits and their families know what is acceptable for being a guest of GT. If you want to establish discipline, do it from the start.

I hope if we lose to the Dawgs this fall Coach doesn't lecture us on suffering the Dawgs fans' abuse because we deserve it.

I guess I am sensitive for our players. I know the fans and alums want to beat UGA. But, the young men on the field are the ones who put in the sweat and effort to beat them. They want it more than we do. They have lost some close games to some very good UGA teams. I don't want to pile on them.

How can we not RESPECT CPJ....he handled that situation perfecty! But how about using this as our rally cry this year....

R-E-S-P-E-C-T EARN IT!
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

CPJ was completely right. These kids were highschoolers, and there is a good chance none of them will even ATTEND Tech, much less PLAY for Tech.

It would piss me off too, but getting pissed off is a good thing sometimes. However, they are high school kids, the same ones that put condoms on high school doorknobs, and try to smoke cigarettes in the bathroom among other retarded things. Yeah, I would go out of my way to stop my kid from pulling a stunt like this, but really, there are alot of people who do not follow the CFB world like we do. It'll be ok. They're just kids.

And CPJ is right. We play second fiddle to UGAg right now. Every player should be embarrassed of our record in the past 7 years against UGAg - they are the enemy, and if our players can learn CPJ's system then they surely can understand that. It was a perfect opportunity to inject some GCO'FH back in player's blood. I'm glad it happened.

like the other guy said, I think he did it to piss them off. They've whipped out tales, and regardless of how we slice it, they own us right now. Seriously, why would a kid growing up in ga right now want to wear a GT hat? Its pisses me off to say that, but its the truth.

I think what he was trying to say, you can't tell someone to respect you, you have to do what it takes to earn that respect. He's telling them, nobody in the state respects them right now, and honest they have no reason to. That will change soon enough though

I wouldn't respect you either if you let me come into your house and insult you without you doing anything. I ain't buying it.

Colin Peek wasn't soft, he just didn't fit the new system where there is no such thing as a TE. James Johnson on the other hand is soft, and so was Taylor Bennett.

Colin Peek wasn't soft, he just didn't fit the new system where there is no such thing as a TE. James Johnson on the other hand is soft, and so was Taylor Bennett.
Peek was the softest guy on the team!

I wouldn't respect you either if you let me come into your house and insult you without you doing anything. I ain't buying it.

you missed the point. The real insult is the way uga has been slapping us around on the football field, period. You have to stuff like this off at the source. embarrass them so much on the field they'd be ashamed to wear a gagger hat on campus. that was the point.

You would be surprised after talking to the new coaches the state of the program. Again, CG fooled me and I'm embarassed. This spring will not only reveal our old character but it will produce character that will take us to the next level.

You would be surprised after talking to the new coaches the state of the program. Again, CG fooled me and I'm embarassed. This spring will not only reveal our old character but it will produce character that will take us to the next level.

Mover-
Can you elaborate at all on the state other than we are soft?

There's been way to much quit in this team the past six years. CPJ's gotta work that out of them.

That confirms what I've believed for the last 4 years.

That confirms what I've believed for the last 4 years.

yep, me too. Hundreds of memories come to mind, where I remember seeing our guys look they had given up way before the game was decided and thinking "yep, we're about to lose". Pissed me off every time I saw it in their eyes. :mad:

hope all the guys by into what CPJ's selling. Even at the NFL level Chan was "a player's coach" and CPJ seems to the exact opposite. bound to butt more then a few heads.

All of my friends are die-hard uga boys and they will be the first to tell you that beating UF means a hell of a lot more to them than beating Tech.

I'll bet you that losing to Tech means a whole lot more to them than losing to UF. Most UGA fans I know take beating Tech as a given. But once we rang up 3 in a row against them, there wasn't a team out there they wanted to beat more than us.

Mover-
Can you elaborate at all on the state other than we are soft?

So far the OL has bought into CPJ's system but and that's a big BUT, they haven't started spring practice. This will really reveal if they have bought into it.

We might be going into the '08 season short handed but I guareentee sp? it will be with the best players.

I can't wait to head down to spring practice, going to be intense and fun.

Back