Strength & Conditioning - It's a Bad Sign For The Gailey Era IF....

Father WASP

Flats Noob
Strength & Conditioning - It\'s a Bad Sign For The Gailey Era IF....

Dorsey reports in overweight like last year. He was probably the biggest disappointment in falloff from the previous year and as a high profile player would be a likely target to do some revitilization in the area of conditioning for the upcoming year.

Not to single him out, because the sight I remember is in the Clemson game, rainy and early, alot of our guys were doubled over and Clemson wasn't.

Especially with our depth questions and early season opponents - we could be hurting if we don't improve in this area.

Gailey has a difficult task in the one thing he said he wanted - to be more physical, in that with limited depth he can't go full contact like most teams as much as they can - we just can't afford to lose big numbers.

So, should Dorsey and company do a repeat of the overweight and out of shape thing, it will be an early signal Gailey's oversight of the strength/conditioning didn't take.

Does the strength coach report to Braine for all sports, ala Moore? If so, did Gailey lay the law down to him with his expectations?

We will have a quick answer from the bank the first day they report on how much improvement to expect.

Re: Strength & Conditioning - It\'s a Bad Sign For The Gailey Era IF....

Father.. the strength coach doesn't report to gailey directly, he reports to braine... If we are not in condition it is not gailey's fault..

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Father.. the strength coach doesn't report to gailey directly, he reports to braine... If we are not in condition it is not gailey's fault..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">BB: You seem to be beeware, sorry, I mean aware of the facts! Good job!

C'mon BeeBad, someone will believe you! Keep posting like this and I will say you and BDG were separated at birth.

wink.gif

Beebad "bewares" of facts all right.

Didn't the strength coach (can't remember his name) win some awards when he was as Wake Forest?

Is this true? Tech football does not have their on strength and conditioning coach! How in heck can Gailey set conditions before his hiring such as not reporting until the NFL playoffs was over and yet set no requirements for his academic advisor and strength and conditioning coaches. By requirements I am talking about monitoring and being involved when an individual needs an adjustment(so to speak). Somtimes the more I learn about Gailey as the coach of Tech the less I wish I knew.

Originally posted by statelinejacket:
Is this true? Tech football does not have their on strength and conditioning coach! How in heck can Gailey set conditions before his hiring such as not reporting until the NFL playoffs was over and yet set no requirements for his academic advisor and strength and conditioning coaches. By requirements I am talking about monitoring and being involved when an individual needs an adjustment(so to speak). Somtimes the more I learn about Gailey as the coach of Tech the less I wish I knew.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">statelinejacket .. you actually believe the "drivel" that wannabeebad posts? LOL

looks like you are selective in choosing what drivel to filter out and what drivel to consume.

smile.gif

Another hug for belly \
smile.gif
/ & 1 for jlo.. \
smile.gif
/

Good grief.

Beebad, HUMOR IS NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BOARD!! Didn't you get the memo?

Originally posted by ylojk8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by statelinejacket:
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">statelinejacket .. you actually believe the "drivel" that wannabeebad posts? LOL

looks like you are selective in choosing what drivel to filter out and what drivel to consume.

smile.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't start with me! Ms.Tech confirms the information and her analysis suits me just fine.

Here's the memo:

Originally posted by ContactBuzz:
I say there's no humor over here.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

Originally posted by bellyseries:
Here's the memo:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ContactBuzz:
I say there's no humor over here.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sorry, did'nt see the smiley face. However,I do stand by my Ms.Tech quote.

Originally posted by statelinejacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ylojk8:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by statelinejacket:

smile.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Don't start with me! Ms.Tech confirms the information and her analysis suits me just fine.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL .. unbelievable. your above statement proves it. nice drivel filter you have there stateline!

CB! .. here's your proof. there IS humor on stingtalk.

LMAO .. this thread is funny as hell

Actually, I don't think we've ever had a S&C coach just for football. I think it's been an AA position and responsible for all sports. As such they should be working with the coaches for all sports to develop sound plans for all our athletes. So Chan should have "control" of what goes on, but as a football coach he wouldn't have the detailed knowledge of how to get the performance he's looking for. Just as O'Leary wouldn't have.

This is where it starts and this has been my worry even more than clough, moore, braine, puke and whine blue, at least for the immediate future. We have had the same S/C coach for what, 2 - 3 years? And we have been going down every year. This will bee the first sign this year. Watch for our O line early. If the same guys are overweight and not as strong as they should bee, that is it for us.

texstinger...
I could not agree more!! This has been a worry of mine as well. We need a strength coach strictly for football! If football means what I think it means to GT then we should fix this problem now! Better get the ball rolling because two years from now may be too late!!

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Actually, I don't think we've ever had a S&C coach just for football. I think it's been an AA position and responsible for all sports. As such they should be working with the coaches for all sports to develop sound plans for all our athletes. So Chan should have "control" of what goes on, but as a football coach he wouldn't have the detailed knowledge of how to get the performance he's looking for. Just as O'Leary wouldn't have.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">NC.. thank you for setting King Tut & 2/3 of the Three Stooges straight on this issue.. the strength & conditioning coach doesn't report to Bill Lewis-gailey.. he reports to the AA ..i.e., braine... as I stated earlier..

wannabeebad .. too much .. LOL

our strength and conditioning coach get's his paycheck from Braine's office and prolly discusses his 401k stuff there too.

he doesn't "report" to braine about the strength and conditioning of our SAs (or sigh, there lack thereof). nor does he get told by braine that the SAs need to be on exercise regime x with a nutritional diet y. he works with head coaches and reports to them about those strength and conditioning issues.

LOL wannabee .. you and MsTA and statelinejacket .. you'd make the three stooges proud alright

Back